Comments on "Progress Reports"

BigRob

So, here's where I'll be posting what progress I'm making on Aklon. Don't expect updates too often, but I'll report here more often than the website.

Today (1st November, 2004) The following stuff has been completed:

The Romance Dialogues (In total, 31)

Aklon's self-initiated flirting  (That's flirting with CHARNAME, not with himself :D )

38 PC initiated conversations with Aklon (some available to non-romanced PCs and all available to romanced PCs)

So, still remaining to do is:

PC initiated flirting (In progress)

Special Aklon/PC Interactions (What happens when his Annoy stat gets too high, the Tree of life Dialogue, Bodhi's abduction of Aklon, etc)

Aklon's Freindship Talks with a non-romanced PC (Essentially similar to the early Romance talks)

Banters (Including with the PC, Aklon's romance with Aerie and Aklon's rivalry with Anomen)

Quests (Those innate to Aklon and those which will be given by a new NPC, and not requiring Aklon to be in the party.)

Interjections

Coding

Edited by BigRob

Congratulations on the new forum! :D

You have done a great deal of work so far, which is fantastic to see.

Aklon's romance with Aerie!? :D Did I miss something somewhere? My PC will have to romance Aklon now to spare him from such a fate!(She will consider it to be her sacred duty. :D)

Aklon's romance with Aerie!? :D Did I miss something somewhere?

Well, it's listed on the features section of Aklon's webpage. Basically, if the PC doesn't meet Aklon's criteria for romance or the PC stops Aklon's romance early enough, he'll romance Aerie.

He won't, however, try to take Aerie from an interested PC.

My PC will have to romance Aklon now to spare him from such a fate!(She will consider it to be her sacred duty. :D)

I'm sure he'll be most appreciative :wink.gif

Finished another dialogue last night, BTW. About Aklon's family.

What about Haer'Dalis? Will Aklon try to step in if HD hits on Aerie? From what I have gathered on Aklon he should be much better company to Aerie than our delicious bard.

-Meira

What about Haer'Dalis? Will Aklon try to step in if HD hits on Aerie? From what I have gathered on Aklon he should be much better company to Aerie than our delicious bard.

-Meira

Aklon and Haer'Dalis will have a conflict with each other over Aerie if they're in the party together. Depending on how late you pick up Haer'Dalis, he might try to woo her away from Aklon. Aklon, however, won't try to steal Aerie from Haer'Dalis.

I haven't decided yet on how bloody their confrontations will get, but there's fighting potential there. :D

Nope.

Aklon does not boast about his skills and accomplishments, though he freely offers advice without being asked. If people choose not to take that advice, Aklon will generally make no additional comment.

It's not really in his nature to say "I told you so." :D

Aklon and Aerie won't have er... puppies in-game. They might in their Epilogue, I haven't decided on that yet.

Aklon actually worships no patron deity at all, preferring to give each god or goddess the proper worship in the proper time. Some of the more religious NPC's may comment on this. :D

Baldur's Gate takes enough liberties with the Forgotten Realms setting that I don't think we really need to worry about that aspect of the afterlife, Gospel.  Valygar also doesn't worship any particular god, but it doesn't interfere with his resurrectability.  (To Whom It May Concern: Yes, those who get mortared into the Wall of the Faithless are significantly harder to resurrect, though I'm not sure whether it requires a True Resurrection, it requires a Wish, or it just can't be done at all.)

Well, he's not one of the Faithless, since he believes in, and honours, all the gods. He's not technically one of the False, because with no patron deity, whose principles can he violate?

So he'd probably be taken by the god that most likes his style. Probably Oghma, maybe Tempus. Or he may just end up in the City of the Dead with Kelemvor. Aklon himself hasn't thought about it much.

Well, so much for shorter dialogues. Finally finished "Aklon's whirlwind tour of Toril" and, unless I go into some kind of drug-crazed writing frenzy, the following chats with Aklon should be a bit faster to produce.

There's still a few to go, but some wll be fairly breif. More as it happens. :D