IR v4 Beta (last update 20 June 2017)

Testing main goals are:

1) finding and fixing any bug/issue we may found (for a polished official release)

2) playtesting of the new features

3) Store Revisions review

4) eventual refinements of specific items

1) Simple as that. The more we find now the more polished the official release will be.

2) There's quite a few global changes with noticeable impact on gameplay:

- Revised Armor (Is physical resistance a good and functional addition? Does weapon speed factor finally play a real role in the game? How do you feel about armor's speed factor penalties? etc.)

- Revised Backstabbing (how do you feel about the currently used values? Is ranged backstab a valuable new addition or not?)

- Critical Hit Aversion (how dramatically does it affect game balance?)

- Weapon Changes (how do you feel about the whole system? do you think slings should have STR bonus? etc.)

3) With your help I'd like to compile a comprehensive list of Arda's changes, and eventually refine some re-allocation if needed.

Ideally it would be great to get the following for shops/vendors:

- main "role" (e.g. general store, fletcher, armor smith, alchemist, fence, etc.)

- for each shop "role" a list of what can generally be found

- for each unique shop/vendor a list of semi-unique or unique items

And the following for both shops/vendors and re-allocations:

- new locations (e.g. creature x now wears/wields item y, store x now has item y)

4) IR has reached a state where I think 90% of items are as good/unique as they can be, but there's always room for improvement. I already have a small list of things I'd like to discuss, and I'll post them later.

View on GitHub

V4 - Beta 10 (20 June 2017)

- Obsidian Ioun stone tweaked not to allow going below 0 HP

- Shield of the Order description now mentions fighters

- Shadow armor behaves as Ghost Armor, givving better AC (2) but loosing physical resistance

- fixed Klogarath damage to slashing

- wrong power levels on Belt of Inertial Barrier and Shield of Falling stars fixed (to 0)

- Bracers of Blinding Strike now give 1xday Whirlwind attack.

- Ring of Human Influence targeting fix

- Werebane damage vs vampires fixed. There's still no such creatures in BG1...it's apr is fixed as well (from 2 extra to 1 extra, like all thrown daggers)

- dvstdust spell fixed, now allows for a save per description

- Drowcraft shield and description fixed

- Blackmist fixed, duration of Blindness tweaked to 1 turn

- Wave Halberd tweaked, it's fire-slaying effect is now tied to the spell and doesn't allow a save anymore (flat 15% prob)

- Runehammer & Cloak of the Wolf had wrong icons for their abilities

- Armor of Missile attraction, Skin of the Ghoul and Karajah armor description fixed

- Book of Infinite spells fixes

- fixed fighter/cleric usability of Methild's and Azlaer's Harps

- fixed Unholy Reaver's description (Unholy ability deals 5 damage, not 6)

- fixed Cernd's Cloak, tweaked to give regeneration of 1hp/round

- Oil of Speed changed, it stacks with Haste stuff now (too many issues otherwise), otoh it gives only +0.5 apr

- Fixed instances where "bonus" was missing from the description in "THAC0: +1 bonus" or "Magic Resistance: +5% bonus"

- Jan Spectroscopes description fixed to mention Blindness immunity, fixed DI ability

- Firecam armor now correctly gives 40% MD resistance

- Mazzy's sword now reduces damage as well, duration of effects is 1 round

- Valygar's armor now mentions Charm immunity, as well as having full benefits of SR's Non-Detection

- Wand of Sleep description fixed

- Web sack and sling06 icons fixed

- Backbiter now does damage through opcode 12 and does 1d6 damage as stated in description

- Staff of Thunder fixed

- DVEMPATY spell fixed to match it's description which is also changed to mention duration

- Ring of Regeneration and Pearly White Ioun Stone now regenerate 2hp/round

- Cloak of Werewolf now regenerates 1hp/round

- Staff of Fire had wrong timing on graphic effect

- Staff of Rynn had wrong icon for Malison ability

- Serpent Shaft & Ravager now offer save as per description

- Moonblade description fixed to match effects

- Arbane's sword magical haste ability removed; the sword now correctly gives Web immunity rather than immunity to Web effects (paralyze is used often)

- Spider's Bane now gives correct Web immunity as well

- Shazzelim scimitar Vocalize ability removed due to exploit issues

- fixed CF Batto saving throws mismatch

- fixed Warblade description

- DVDISPEL saving throw mismatch fixed

- Sensate amulet should give +1 to CHA, fixed

- Malakar description fixed

- Malakar's companion speed factor fixed

- Added SoD armors and shields to the armor and shield lists so they can be identified properly

- Added EET armors to the armor list so they can be identified properly

- Standardized and fixed many item descriptions

V4 - Beta 9 (19 May 2016)

- Fix bug with halved specialization options in Multiclass Divine component preventing changes applying to Cleric/Mages and Cleric/Thieves

- Fix helmet detection in Revised Critical Hits component

- Update French translation

V4 - Beta 8 (14 September 2015)

- Improve EE support by converting text to UTF-8

- Add support for EET

- Stop Erik beating up <CHARNAME> in Candlekeep

- Update to WeiDU 238

- fixed incorrect usabilities for various items, including a number of daggers

- fixed all reported minor issues and typos

- Casiel's Soul is no longer cursed to prevent a not intended interaction with Break Enchantment

- Belt of Inertial Barrier "animation" disabled for gameplay reasons (too spammy and applied to invisible targets)

- Dwarven Shield base stats now correctly match its new "size"

- Potion of Speed tweaked to match SR's Haste (no haste opcode, fixed apr gain, counters slow via sec type, etc.)

V4 - Beta 7 (26 February 2015)

- Readme major update

- re-organized installer

- Allow Spellcasting in Armor makes Bards cast spells without penalties while wearing light armors (up to chain mail)

- Revised Critical Hit Aversion should now work on EE too, Ioun Stones no longer get +1 AC (only helmets do)

- minor fixes (e.g. descriptions, small effects targeting, displayed icons, etc.)

- increased projectile speed of darts, throwing daggers and throwing handaxes from 20 to 40 (arrows/bolts have 60)

- light and heavy xbows reload pauses user for 1-2 sec respectively instead of setting movement rate to 0

- Protector of the Second grants immunity to critical hits

- Mail of the Dead grants immunity to critical hits

- Enkidu's Full Plate +1 to all saves replaced by immunity to critical hits

- Helmet of Defense keeps immunity to critical hits when Revised Critical Hit Aversion is installed

- Adventurer's Robe +10% physical dmg resistance replaced with immunity to critical hits

- Dwarven Shield turned into a medium shield (BG1 had not a single unique specimen)

- Shield of the Falling Stars enchantment lvl raised by 1, +10HP bonus removed

- Kovera's Ring tweaked to reflect its unique role, grants +1 luck, custom bam and lore

- Ring of the Phantom Wraith also grants immunity to critical hits

V4 - Beta 6 (25 January 2015)

- merged potions into the main component item table

- reintroduced unidentified ioun stone description to prevent installation failure

- fixed bug where some headbands were misidentified as banded armor

- updated component predicates for various games

- Cleaving enhacement also grants +10 bonus to weapon speed factor for 2 seconds

- minor fixes (effects targeting, displayed icons, etc.)

- Crimson Chain's Blood Rage no longer causes loss of control, still grants +2 thac0/dmg but not +2 to all saves

- Girdle of Beatification uses again vanilla's Girdle of Hill Giant icon (V3 red sash wasn't blending in enough imo)

- Girdle of Trollish Fortitude uses a new icon

- Belt of Inertial Barrier no longer halves mov rate, but causes -1 penalty to weapon speed/thac0/dmg

- Cloak of Vengeance tweaked to not spam the screen with lightning bolts (20% chance, 6d6 dmg)

- Silver Dagger (Werebane) is now a returning throwing dagger, uses a new icon (it was almost identical to Longtooth)

- Heart of the Golem no longer share the icon with Nester/Kylee/Hentold daggers, added +1 AC while equipped

- Dagger of Venom now uses a unique icon with a greenish blade (in-game color tweaked to match it)

- Suryris's Blade gets a Staggering effect (save vs. breath or suffer -1/2 apr and -4 casting speed penalty for 1 round)

- Arbane's 1/day Haste replaced with Hastening effect (10% chance +1/2 apr and +2 mov rate for 2 rounds, cumulative)

- Shazzelim added to IR

- Sword of Flame no longer share Flame Tongue's icon

- The Claw of Kazgoroth added to IR, minor tweaks (e.g name changed from Kazgaroth to match PnP, extended lore)

- The Horn of Kazgoroth added to IR, minor tweaks (e.g. changed from x charges to 1/day)

- Staff of the High Forest gains +1 casting speed bonus, no longer grants protection against insect spells

- Cloak of the High Forest gets immunity to insects and +10% elemental res, regen rate improved, +1 to AC/saves removed

- Firecam Full Plate Mail magic dmg resistance lowered from 50% to 40%

- Sword of Arvoreen's Enfeebling enhancement sligthly tweaked, now works via spl as per Ardulia's Mace

- Corthala Family Armor no longer grants immunity to charm

- Handmaiden's Mace added to IR, enchantment raised by 1, added 33% to cast Web on target, still Envenomed, new icon

- Dark Elven Chain now grants immunity to poison and +10% bonus to magic resistance

- Sword of Chaos +4 (Ascension only) added to IR, 10% magic resistance replaced by +2 to all saves

V4 - Beta 5 (26 October 2014)

- renamed settings.ini and changed it to use Windows newlines

- updated G3 icons used by the mod

- started work on updating the readme

- disabled Shield Bash component (at least until Arda comes back to fix all the issues it causes)

- minor fixes (effects targeting, % chance, displayed icons/strings, etc.)

- vorpal effect no longer work on demiliches

- Cursed Armor of Missile Attraction was not working because of a missing .eff file

- Doomplate's Aura of Despair was not working because of a missing .eff file

- Horned Helm of the Rock had hidden immunity to stun and sleep

- Greenstone Amulet was missing immunity to stun

- Gauntlets of Parrying now grants +2 AC bonus vs. melee weapons

- Nature's Vengeance fireshield-like effect now has range (Call Lightning animation) but allows a save vs. breath

- Cloak of Mirroring's image is triggered "when attacked" instead of "when struck"

- Pearly White Ioun Stone regeneration rate from 1 every 2 rounds to 1 every round, added -10% fire/acid resistance penalty

- Axe of the Unyelding AC bonus removed, regeneration rate from 1 every 4 rounds to 1 every round

- Blackblood's Acid Splash now has a small AoE, new animation stolen from IWD

- Bone Club's Dooming effect can stack, but causes -1 penalty and lasts only 4 rounds

- Club of Detonation now uses a custom party-friendly but smaller 15' fireball

- Paralytic Bolt added to IR, paralyze for 2 rounds instead of stunning for 6 rounds

- Suryris's Blade inflicts additional 1d10 slashing dmg on each hit, -1/2 apr penalty, Stunning effect removed

- The Wave's Fire Eating triggers when Smashing Wave does, the latter also knockdown for 1 round (save vs breath negates)

- Ravager's Dooming effect can stack, but causes -1 penalty and lasts only 4 rounds

- Staff of Command was missing its Mindbreaking combat ability (15% chance target must save vs spell at -4 or be feebleminded)

- Psion's Blade now has +3 enchantment, Mind Shield replaced by Mind Barrier (+2 AC/saves vs psionics) added Mindbreaking

- Soul Reaver inflicts 1d6 additional negative energy dmg (aka magic dmg which affects only living targets)

- Gram the Sword of Grief has a slightly extended background now

- Necaradan's Xbow now has +2 enchantment but grants +20% bonus to hide and move silently

- Drowcraft Adamantine Chain get +5% physical resistance instead of 10% (stack with base 10% from Revised Armor component)

- Drowcraft Adamantine Plate get +5% physical resistance instead of 15% (stack with base 20% from Revised Armor component)

V4 - Beta 4 (9 August 2014)

- major re-work to hopefully achieve full compatibility with BGEE, BGT and TuTu

- minor fixes (effect duration, displayed icon, etc.)

- Hide Armor and Chain Mail no longer have movement rate penalties

- Splint Mail and Plate Mail movement rate penalty lowered from 20% to 10%

- Full Plate Mail movement rate penalty lowered from 30% to 20%

- Hide Armor weapon speed factor penalty raised from 1 to 2

- Splint Mail weapon speed factor penalty raised from 2 to 3

- Leather Armor casting speed penalty lowered from 2 to 1

- Chain Mail casting speed penalty lowered from 3 to 2

- Plate Mail casting speed penalty lowered from 4 to 3

- Buckler no longer cause casting speed penalty or spell failure

- vampiric effects now use magic dmg

- bleeding effects now use poison dmg

- Human Flesh now has an additional Hideous enhancement (+2 AC/saves vs. humanoids)

- Grandmaster Armor fully protects from slow effects

- Aeger Hide's Animal Rage disabled, added +1 STR

- Trollhide Armor fire/acid res penalty reduced from 25% to 15%

- Armor of Faith reverted to +3 enchantment, replaced AoF-like effect with +1 casting speed bonus

- Ankheg Plate Mail enchantment lowered by 1, acid res increased from 25% to 40%

- Robe of the Apprenti now grants +1 INT and +1 spell slot for spell levels 1-4

- Reflection Shield no longer use "physical mirror" opcode (with its hardcoded animation) but "immunity to projectiles"

- Saving Grace's Searing Light is triggered "when attacked" instead of "when struck"

- Dragon Scale Shield's Force Absorbing now grants additional +2 to saves vs. breath

- Belt of Inertial Barrier -> slow opcode replaced with a 50% movement rate penalty

- Axe of the Unyelding -> Vorpal effect chance from 5% to 10%, save at -2 instead of -4

- Moonblade grants Xan proficiency in long swords

- Silver Sword -> Vorpal effect chance from 10% to 15%, save at -2 instead of -4

V4 - Beta 3 (28 July 2014)

- Re-arranged the installer TP2

- Re-arranged the whole main component

- Restored the missing debug log file

- Fixed the issue with some shields not being patched by the "Revised Shields" component

- Bonus to physical damage resistance is now displayed in "Revised Armor" component

V4 - Beta 2 (4 July 2014)

- fixed 'REsource' typos on identify_item.tpa

V4 - Beta 1 (1 July 2014)

- first closed beta

Edited by Mike1072

How can BGT compatibility be tested if Mike1072 has not yet brought in his changes, by the way?

And what about 1PP v4?

I join Sergio wishing good luck to all those involved in testing. Thanks Demi.

@Yarpen, sure man, you also know a bit of modding which is a good thing to both track down issues and suggest tweaks.

@Beta testers, I'm sending you a PM (right now) with the link to my dropbox where I uploaded the current build. If you don't receive any PM within a couple of hours and you are interested on helping me just write me here or via PM.

The build I've uploaded right now includes everything mentioned here, and it's pretty much the same build which has recently leaked from Arda's git repo (except few fixes regarding 1PP stuff). Within my internal build I'm working on TONS of small changes to specific items (will post about them later this afternoon), but testing them is not as important as everything else (Revised Armor, Store Revisions, BGEE compatibility, etc.) thus feel free to start testing if you wish. Else, you can wait for those changes to be implemented after some discussion.

- How can BGT compatibility be tested if Mike1072 has not yet brought in his changes, by the way?
- And what about 1PP v4?

- other than very few "overlapping" items (such as World's Edge & Harbinger) I don't think there's much to be tested, am I wrong? Anyway, I prefer to start doing some testing on what we have rather than waiting for Mike and Arda. I do hope they manage to find some time to help me, but in the meanwhile I want to do something rather than just "wait" like we did the last 6 months.
- I tried to handle compatibility with 1PP v4 myself re-working on helmet and shield animations, but the beta testing can surely help detecting eventual issues (e.g. wrong animation displayed). BGEE uses 1PP by default, thus any beta tester using BGEE will help on this matter.

With Arda partially back and beta testers actively helping me it's time to prepare for updating the beta with both Arda's stuff and mine announced changes. When it comes to the former, there's something I discussed with beta testers and that I'd like Arda to work on if he can.

Armor Movement Rate Penalty

Even those who like the concept find the current penalties too harsh.

Long story: The current values were based on the assumption that base movrate was 9, but I ultimately discovered that it's 8. In both cases with 10%, 20% and 30% values you get -1, -2, -3 movrate penalty, but applied over base 8 such penalties are indeed more harsh than I thought (e.g. with full plate you get movrate 5, which is pretty much a 40% penalty, almost identical to a character affected by a Slow spell!).

Short story: we need to tone down those values.

Apparently we have many possible % values, but we can only work with -1 and -2 penalties, thus we actually don't have many options imo.

Solution A:

* 5-10% for hide and chain armor (-1 penalty)

* 15% for splint and plate (-2 penalty)

* 20% for full plate (-2 penalty)

Solution B:

* 0% for hide and chain armor (no penalty)

* 5-10% for splint and plate (-1 penalty)

* 15-20% for full plate (-2 penalty)

The consensus between beta testers was to opt for B.

I've uploaded a new beta. This build was supposed to have even more new stuff than it already has, but the most important part is there: IR should finally install fine not only on BG2EE but also on BG1EE. :)

V4 - Beta 4 (9 August 2014)
- major re-work to hopefully achieve full compatibility with BGEE, BGT and TuTu
- minor fixes (effect duration, displayed icon, etc.)
- Hide Armor and Chain Mail no longer have movement rate penalties
- Splint Mail and Plate Mail movement rate penalty lowered from 20% to 10%
- Full Plate Mail movement rate penalty lowered from 30% to 20%
- Hide Armor weapon speed factor penalty raised from 1 to 2
- Splint Mail weapon speed factor penalty raised from 2 to 3
- Leather Armor casting speed penalty lowered from 2 to 1
- Chain Mail casting speed penalty lowered from 3 to 2
- Plate Mail casting speed penalty lowered from 4 to 3
- Buckler no longer cause casting speed penalty or spell failure
- vampiric effects now use magic dmg
- bleeding effects now use poison dmg
- Human Flesh now has an additional Hideous enhancement (+2 AC/saves vs. humanoids)
- Grandmaster Armor fully protects from slow effects
- Aeger Hide's Animal Rage disabled, added +1 STR
- Trollhide Armor fire/acid res penalty reduced from 25% to 15%
- Armor of Faith reverted to +3 enchantment, replaced AoF-like effect with +1 casting speed bonus
- Ankheg Plate Mail enchantment lowered by 1, acid res increased from 25% to 40%
- Robe of the Apprenti now grants +1 INT and +1 spell slot for spell levels 1-4
- Reflection Shield no longer use "physical mirror" opcode (with its hardcoded animation) but "immunity to projectiles"
- Saving Grace's Searing Light is triggered "every round when attacked" instead of "when struck
- Dragon Scale Shield's Force Absorbing now grants additional +2 to saves vs. breath
- Belt of Inertial Barrier -> slow opcode replaced with a 50% movement rate penalty
- Axe of the Unyelding -> Vorpal effect chance from 5% to 10%, save at -2 instead of -4
- Moonblade grants Xan proficiency in long swords
- Silver Sword -> Vorpal effect chance from 10% to 15%, save at -2 instead of -4

Edited by Demivrgvs

Works with BG1EE now, thats great news. Maybe I restart my playthrough on BG2:EE (didn't come to far, not much freetime recently) and start a full playthrough. Is it possible to import a modded character without issues from BG1EE to BG2EE? Lets say I would only use IR, SR and KR ? (If not I can easly recreate the character with EE Keeeper).

considering that BGEE v. 1.3 is out, is it possible to tell when V4 of Item Revisions will be avaiable? is it matter of weeks or months? After using it once in BG2EE i can't play without it anymore, so if it is a matter of weeks I'll sit and wait, if it a matter of months I'll sit and cry :)