IWD2 bow damage - tweak pack?

chuft

Hello,

I have recently started playing IWD2 with the Tweak Pack.

I have noticed that my low level ranger using a normal bow and arrows is routinely doing 9 damage (10 vs his favored enemy) with individual bow shots. These are not critical hits, just normal hits. The arrow should do 1-6, and +1 vs favored enemy I believe. Instead they are routinely doing 7,8 or 9 vs regular enemies and 10 vs orcs (his favored enemy).

As far as I can tell, this should not be happening - he does not have weapon specialization, regular bows are not supposed to give a strength bonus to damage, and he is not using any magic items. I can't figure out why he is doing so much damage per shot. Wondering if the Tweak Pack could have changed anything, somehow making his bow treated as a composite bow for example (I think they give a strength bonus to damage?). Any thoughts?

Interestingly against Malarites I have seen him only do 1 or 2 points of damage, but there is no announcement of damage resistance. Could his natural damage range be 1-9 with an arrow instead of 1-6? It doesn't make sense.

I have searched a lot of forums across the web and have come across no reference to bows doing unusual damage in IWD2, so really puzzled.

Thanks.

Are you using a composite longbow or composite shortbow? They have inherent damage bonuses (i.e., non-magical). A composite shortbow is +1 damage and a composite longbow is +1 to hit and +2 damage. For a composite longbow, that would up the damage range to 3-8 for most enemies and 4-9 for favored enemies. Not sure where the other +1 would come from.

Are you using a composite longbow or composite shortbow? They have inherent damage bonuses (i.e., non-magical). A composite shortbow is +1 damage and a composite longbow is +1 to hit and +2 damage. For a composite longbow, that would up the damage range to 3-8 for most enemies and 4-9 for favored enemies. Not sure where the other +1 would come from.

It doesn't say composite longbow. Just says longbow, +1 to hit. Damage range is shown as 1-6.

Archived