FAQ

Andyr

Is it a WeiDU mod?

Yes.

Will it work with BGT?

No, it needs Tutu. It is possible future versions will work with BGT.

Do I need TotSC or ToB?

They are supported but not required (hopefully). If playing without them and you encounter problems installing, or while playing through the mod, let me know and I'll try and correct the issue.

What does the mod do?

It adds Eranon, a Githzerai monk, as a joinable NPC. Eranon can be found recovering from his injuries in a cave in the Cloudpeak Mountains (the area code is FW5202). He is of Lawful Neutral alignment and has the following statistics:

* STR: 14

* DEX: 17

* CON: 15

* INT: 11

* WIS: 15

* CHR: 9

When encountered he is a Level 4 Monk. His proficiencies are in Scimitar, Sling and Single Weapon Style. He has a unique, undroppable amulet called Shades of Truth:

From the simple band of this amulet dangles what, at first glance, appears to be a dark green stone. Closer inspection reveals colours swirling about in the stone; if you listen carefully you can hear rushing winds.

Eranon tells you that in fact the stone contains a tiny fragment of the chaotic plane of Limbo, where his people live. As well as sentimental value, the power of Limbo allows Eranon to focus his mind and see the truth in things, or obscure the sight of others. Since he doesn't seem the sentimental type, you suspect that could be the reason for him keeping it.

STATISTICS:

Wearer may cast Detect Invisibility and Blur once each per day

Weight: 2

Usable by:

Eranon

Eranon has an extensive personal quest which starts to unfold after he has been in the party for some time; no specific location is required.

What is his biography?

When you ask about his past, ERANON pauses for a moment to collect his thoughts. You feel he is searching for words and terms which will be familiar for you. For you to understand his life and culture, first you must know something of his people's past.

Back when the forerunners of the Githyanki and Githzerai were human, they were enslaved by the illithid and gradually evolved into their present forms. A slave rebellion led by the warrior Gith freed them from their illithid masters, but Gith's hard-won peace did not last long as her race eventually split itself ideologically into the evil Githyanki, led by Gith and her successors, and the more neutral Githzerai, led by Zerthimon. Mind flayers, though, remained foes common to both.

Eranon had left his monastery on the plane of Limbo, where the Githzerai make their home, on a mind flayer hunting trip (called a Rrakkma in the Gith tongue). A coven of illithids were planning domination of the Sword Coast, which Eranon's people decided must be stopped.

After tracking the band to their lair in the Cloudpeak Mountains, the warriors were in for a nasty surprise. The illithid and their dominated allies were prepared for the assault, and although all but one of the foul creatures were slain so were the rest of Eranon's party, and with it the portal stone needed to return to Limbo was lost...

What is his portrait?

It should be attached to the bottom of this post, and was made by Sporeboy! - go here for more of his work: http://www.sporeboy.com

Is he romanceable?

No.

Is he voiced?

He will be voiced, probably by Grim Squeaker. Various other parts in the mod will also, hopefully, be voiced.

post-30-1110741611_thumb.gif

Edited by Andyr

Yeah, Githzerai are often chaotic neutral, but behave about as extremely Lawful Neutral as you can get. Probably only the Modorns are more lawful from some perspectives. Its one of those things that I've always wondered what was going on when they assigned racial alignments.

Yeah, Githzerai are often chaotic neutral, but behave about as extremely Lawful Neutral as you can get. Probably only the Modorns are more lawful from some perspectives. Its one of those things that I've always wondered what was going on when they assigned racial alignments.

I think when they were assigning alignments, they did so from a human/prime perspective rather than someone from the same group. The lawfulness comes from how they interact with each other, and the "chaoticness" comes from the way they interact with the outside world.

Andyr, do you plan on adding items that level up with the wielder (similar to Dakkon's blade)?

-Galactygon

There are no items in the vein of Dak'kon's blade, no. Unless you count his monk's fists. :O

He will get an item only he can use later on, though (a psicrystal which works in a similar manner to an ioun stone).

Flagged as "Githyanki" since as you mention there's no "Githzerai" entry.

He has no special racial abilities at present, though I am considering giving him some based on pnp abilities (something like mage armour once/day and 10% magic resistance, though I may well not bother).

Flagged as "Githyanki" since as you mention there's no "Githzerai" entry.

He has no special racial abilities at present, though I am considering giving him some based on pnp abilities (something like mage armour once/day and 10% magic resistance, though I may well not bother).

Well, I think a inertial armor (= mage armor) would be nice. +4 to AC is very neat as it should stake with the monks AC bonus and stuff.