Progress reports

JPS

All right. I've had a bit less time, and a bit more guilt, than I expected, but it's getting better now. I'm going to try to finish the two quests first and then move on to the romance itself. The plan is that the momentum and general sense of accomplishment I manage to build up by actually completing something will be enough to get me through the rest without losing steam. Let's see how it works out.

The quests will be an integrated part of the romance, but they're also meant to work on their own, so they could theoretically be released, or at least completed and thoroughly tested, while I'm still working on the rest.

No estimated time of completion for anything yet, I'm afraid, but be assured that things are happening.

Thank you and good night.

JPS, it depends on how you are handling the quests; if the romance just reffers to them, then yep, I am all for a separate release. If, on the other hand, the connections are much stronger, such as extra options, or romance depends on the advancement of each quest, I would suggest not to test it until you have the roamcne ready, since you would have to retest it anyway once the romance is added. Moreover, it's extremely annoying to add changes into the complex quests' coding retroactively.

Edited by Domi

Good point. The idea has always been that the quests should be possible to play through without doing the rest of the romance, but I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean that the coding will be neatly self-contained as well. There will at least be some additional conversations for PCs who are romancing Haer'Dalis. I don't know exactly how complicated that will be, coding-wise, but then again I don't exactly know how complicated anything will be.

I guess it's about time I buckle up and learn some coding...

Quick update: I've been bogged down by other, completely unrelated problems, but things are starting to look better. I'm writing again, and will try to be visile here more often.

Unfortunately, I might have problems with my net access for a while. The ISP says that they'll have everything working "within a week", but like most ISPs they're evil lying bastards who should not be trusted.

See you.

Just a quick note to let you know I'm still alive.

(that's strange. I get the distinct feeling I've written those very words before...)

I was going to write a really nice explanation, involving run-on sentences, secondary characters (and several parentheses), but I finally realized that it would have taken a couple of weeks and that you'd probably prefer if I just showed up again instead.

So I did. Nice to see you all again.

Just a quick note to let you know I'm still alive.

(that's strange. I get the distinct feeling I've written those very words before...)

I was going to write a really nice explanation, involving run-on sentences, secondary characters (and several parentheses), but I finally realized that it would have taken a couple of weeks and that you'd probably prefer if I just showed up again instead.

So I did. Nice to see you all again.

Yeah!! I must say, I was really worry recently :]