SCS v31 Release Candidate (Now No. 3) Now Available for Testing

1) There's no such thing as memorizing innate abilities

2) When did Carbos & Shank ever have Poison Weapon to begin with???

In every CRE file there are 2 sections called Spell memorization info and Memorized spells table. As far as I know, also innate abilities should go there (in v31 ASSASSIN_POISON is there for Carbos and Shank....)

And yes, Carbos and Shank used to use ASSASSIN_POISON against you.... (@DavidW can you confirm?)

Edited by Luke

And yes, Carbos and Shank used to use ASSASSIN_POISON against you.... (@DavidW can you confirm?)

I've never once seen that in my life. They are 1st-level pushover enemies.

Or, is that something that happens with one of the SCS 'Improved Encounter' components?

There's no component that specifically targets Carbos and Shank as far as I know..... Well, they remain 1st-level pushover enemies even with Poison Weapon....

But again: they're supposed to use it against you (this also tells you SCS installed correctly.....). Maybe you didn't notice this because of Might and Guile feat system, but I'm purely speculating...

Having said that, it's possible that @DavidW decided to remove that ability from Carbos and Shank in v32......

Carbos and Shank are kit=assassin in unmodded BGEE, so yes: on a technical level it's a bug that SCS isn't patching them.

Having said that, it's a curious decision on the part of Beamdog to make them assassins, and I don't think it's a good idea, since 1st level characters could easily end up insta-killed (and since Carbos and Shank are obviously mooks, not ninja assassins). So I don't really care, except insofar as it's a tell that something isn't quite working right.

(At a guess, it's collateral damage from the infuriating ASSASSIN/ASSASIN issue, i.e. from that fact that Bioware couldn't spell "Assassin" back in the day.)

i wouldn't mind them working as actual assassins with poison weapon, i think it would excuse their sorry existence a bit more... after all they made it in to candlekeep, so they must be at least a tiny bit ninja. it's probably most reasonable to just step outside and let the guarts take care of them anyway

Having said that, it's a curious decision on the part of Beamdog to make them assassins,

At a certain level, I kinda become inured to all sorts of random crap being blamed on Beamdog and/or the EEs, and I was fully prepared to dismiss this as same. But damn if this isn't true, and damn if I can find the ticket and/or justification.

I do know where the ticket to change them back to bogstandard mooks is, though, since I just filed it.

i wouldn't mind them working as actual assassins with poison weapon, i think it would excuse their sorry existence a bit more... after all they made it in to candlekeep, so they must be at least a tiny bit ninja. it's probably most reasonable to just step outside and let the guarts take care of them anyway

They literally use an item called DAGGSHIT which does 1d2-1 (yes, minus one). They're meant to be tutorial-level threats.

Having said that, it's a curious decision on the part of Beamdog to make them assassins,

At a certain level, I kinda become inured to all sorts of random crap being blamed on Beamdog and/or the EEs, and I was fully prepared to dismiss this as same. But damn if this isn't true, and damn if I can find the ticket and/or justification.

I would have hoped my non-Beamdog-hating credentials were reasonably solid by now!

To be fair to them, it's invisible and harmless in an unmodded game. But SCS takes information in the "kit" field literally, and provides special abilities and scripting to match.

I don't know if this is SCS related, but in my BG: EE install ettercap seem to have been downgraded. They have thaco 15 instead of vanilla 11. Also I checked their .cre with near infinity and they are equipped with two weapons: one that deals 1d3 damage with no poison, and one that deals 1d8 + poison, but in the game they always use the former.

WeiDU.log

Edited by Wyrd