Using PC's Stats in the Romance

Domi

I am writing LT 5, which is when I would like to start reducing the PC's control over interrupting the romance.

Basically I would like to use check of a particular stat (or stats) to imitate if PC has enough will-power to shake off the MV. The requirement on the stat value will be increasing as the romance progressing, from 8 to 18; if PC's stat is higher than the requiered number - the PC wins, if it is lower, it is 50-50% of the success.

Now, the question is *what* to check for. My choices are:

both WIS and CON

only CON

only WIS

either WIS or CON

So?

Both WIS and CON, and maybe CHA. All of them reflect aspects of willpower under their in-game definitions.

Wisdom describes a character’s willpower, common sense, perception, and intuition.

Charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness.

Constitution represents your character’s health and stamina.

So, a low WIS character may not have the willpower, common sense, perception or intuition to break things off with the MV. A low CHA character may lack the force of personality or persuasiveness to get out from under his thumb. A low CON character may lack the stamina to keep fighting, and may make dumb decisions based on being physically and emotionally worn down.

Or, well, spilling the beans here, but I am hoping to use to give "richer" dialogue trees:

- intelligence to provide more insights in MV's schemes/mind

- charisma and dexterity to get at more playful options

- wisdom and constitution to improve your chance to get your own way

- strength - so far I have no plan for strength

Or, well, spilling the beans here, but I am hoping to use to give "richer" dialogue trees:

- intelligence to provide more insights in MV's schemes/mind

- charisma and dexterity to get at more playful options

- wisdom and constitution to improve your chance to get your own way

- strength - so far I have no plan for strength

Gotcha, mum's the word. I figured you would have considered this already, but I only mentioned it just in case it slipped your mind. Heaven's knows that has happened to me before writing for Del.

Ah, you are famous for the class/stats options so I doubt it sklipped your mind :suspect:. But, it is all too easy to plan, and difficult to implement, while still converging the dialogue to a specific conclusion and giving enough options to a PC who is not blessed with exceptional stats. Will try though, as it well worth it.

Ah, but it is going to be a very rewarding relationship as well, since you can not just keep losing your innocence and good nature for nothing... It is my full intent to make it as complicated as possible. And MV will be using all the dirty pshycological tricks I can come up with :suspect:

Ah, but it is going to be a very rewarding relationship as well, since you can not just keep losing your innocence and good nature for nothing... It is my full intent to make it as complicated as possible. And MV will be using all the dirty pshycological tricks I can come up with :suspect:

"I can change, I can change,

I'll be a better man I swear it. . ."

:)

It is my full intent to make it as complicated as possible.

That's quite a statement there! :) But on to my opinions...

I think that as long as lower stats won't totally destroy the relationship, you might as well impliment both WIS and CON checks. However, if the PC doesn't have any stats over 11 or so, I don't think that should make them become MV's plaything (at least not the whole time!)

With the checks you've planned so far, I can see I won't be wanting for things to do for the next 4 or so years. :suspect: Speaking of which, i've been having rather a time of it this week but i'll edit some tonight.

That's because I have been sliding back and accelerating in the past two weeks in my RL and of course re-editing what Julwise had done was pushed back first of all. :) Sorry, guys, I know it is worrying when someone asked for your help and then did not get back to you, but if I would not have to work this weekend I'll try to get the first 4 talks organized and hopefully finish the fifth.

If the lovely white doe I got last week won't sidetrack me into a Xan-writting spree... or a look in Andyr's eyes won't send me into coding spree... *Sighs* If only I could go on for 24 hours like NPCs... :suspect:

Archived