Crashes BGEE - Sphere System (V8 BETA)

15 replies to this topic

#1 Meaningless

Meaningless
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:03 AM

Hello and thanks for the mod!!

Just finished installing a somewhat long list of mods for BGEE, with sphere system by last, however it lead into a crash.
Uninstalling sphere system has made the game able to initialize again.

I wanted to attach my weidu.log but can't seem to find the attach option? (err... help!)

On a side note, wasn't there a mod or a hack of some sort (can't exactly remember what it was) for Vanilla BG2 that added a scrolling to the kits section, this way it allowed more than 9 kits per class?

Aside from that, everyhing seems to be working, not that I've played long yet.. ;)
The sphere system is a nice concept, would like to install it if possible.

Again thanks for the mod!!

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6122 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:21 AM

I wanted to attach my weidu.log but can't seem to find the attach option? (err... help!)

Your account is still waiting for the authorization ... sometimes the account email authorization doesn't arrive or it goes to the trash bin, you can ask for a new email to be sent, and the site bot should do it, but it's not always still arriving, so the sites admins need to verify the account manually.
That connects to the attaching is that the forum shouldn't allow you to attach files while the account is not verified as legit. Anyways, that all shouldn't matter much as what's usually better is to just open the weidu.log file with Notepad and copy paste the text to a post, as then the file doesn't need to be downloaded separately as a file.

As for the problem you had, there was already a report of it, but I don't remember if it was fixed, probably not.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#3 Meaningless

Meaningless
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

Gonna try the re-send e-mail, posting the weidu log then.

Spoiler

#4 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2113 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:34 AM

Where did you come up with that load order?

RR and DR should be before BG2Tweaks, and SCS should be after all of them, and aTweaks should be after SCS.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#5 Meaningless

Meaningless
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:42 AM

Oh I know the order is pretty screwed.. installed in the order I got those =P

Just found it very strange to have a crash start, even more so when sphere system went by last.

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6122 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:04 AM

On a side note, wasn't there a mod or a hack of some sort (can't exactly remember what it was) for Vanilla BG2 that added a scrolling to the kits section, this way it allowed more than 9 kits per class?

The ToBEx has that, but it doesn't work with the (BG)EE games.

Just found it very strange to have a crash start, even more so when sphere system went by last.

There's various things that installing more than one mod can cause... can you say the exact moment the crash happens ? And any other things that help in recreating the crash as it help to find the reason why and fixing it ?
As I assume that creating a vanilla Fighter might not crash while a druid for example might. Or does the crash happen before creating a character ?

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 22 February 2015 - 04:06 AM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#7 Meaningless

Meaningless
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:10 PM

The ToBEx has that, but it doesn't work with the (BG)EE games.

Great! Yet another tobex MUST HAVE that EEs are missing.. ohh the disappointment... =P
(And EEs are 2-3+ years in the making now?? I'm starting to get why many people really dislike these ^_^)

As I assume that creating a vanilla Fighter might not crash while a druid for example might.

Actually this is what I find stranger, the game fails to start AT ALL! Clicking either 'Baldurs Gate' or 'Tutorial' options from the initial choices menu causes a crash. Removing Sphere System restores to working condition.

Just for the sake of it, installing DR on a clean BGEE as I typed, and lo and behold: doesn't crashes from choices menu, but crashes when selecting New Game =]
aioheiua, removing Sphere System, again, restores it.

weidu log 

Spoiler

#8 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2113 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:01 PM

Are you playing EE? If not, and you really want to use the sphere system, you could instal DRv7, I recall it being pretty bulletproof.

#9 Meaningless

Meaningless
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

Ah, can play without... no worries, just thought it was might strange to have a crash start, that and the absence of the added scroll bar for extra kits.

#10 Contessa

Contessa
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:39 PM

I got the exact issue on my version of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. It would load fine until I clicked "New Game" then it would freeze there and eventually crash until I removed the Sphere System component. Everything else was alright though. I tried it with just that as well and got the same result.

#11 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2113 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:19 PM

Yeah, don't use the v8 sphere system.

You can use v7 with the sphere system on TOB/BGT, or use v8 *without* the sphere system on the EEs.

#12 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • Modders
  • 464 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:06 PM

It was the same story with BG2EE.

You could manually alter the spells so that they correspond to the Kits. You won't be having more than a couple of Priests, usually.

In the Spl file, offset 1E h has the exclusion flags. If you have two Priests of differing race, alignment or class (Cleric/Druid) you can rig some of the spells so they are available to one NPC but not the other.

#13 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2113 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

It was the same story with BG2EE.

You could manually alter the spells so that they correspond to the Kits. You won't be having more than a couple of Priests, usually.

In the Spl file, offset 1E h has the exclusion flags. If you have two Priests of differing race, alignment or class (Cleric/Druid) you can rig some of the spells so they are available to one NPC but not the other.

Not sure what this is in response to... but, if anyone wants to play with a sphere system to have different spell lists for each kit, I have one currently in beta:

http://gibberlings3....showtopic=27627

Post there or PM me, and I'll send you a link. It works on the EEs (all the EEs, including IWDEE) and it works with the DRv8 kits. :)

#14 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • Modders
  • 464 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:44 PM

"Not sure what this is in response to.."

This topic is discussing the crash that Divine Remix causes when you install the pnp Priest Spell Spheres. BG2EE is then completely unplayable. Mod by itself does not cause the crash, it is only the Spheres.

So if you don't install the Spheres, the Kits will still function. If you want customized spell lists you will need to hack something somewhere.

Edited by Ishad Nha, 30 November 2015 - 10:46 PM.

#15 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modders
  • 1020 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:05 AM

I can confirm that sphere system brakes the BG2:EE game without any other mod installed, so the problem lays directly in this component. The crashes happens right after clicking "new game" button in the main menu.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users