SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

V1.0.5 released:

1. Aura of Flaming Death no longer says it's been cast every time someone hits you while it's on (SR bug^1).
  2. Fire Shield, Mestil's Acid Shield, Prismatic Mantle, Aura of Flaming Death are correctly damaging you when enemies are using them again.
  3. The AoE SD component should finally be fully fixed and implemented. Chain Lightning, Gust of Wind, Fireburst, Earthquake, Wail of the Banshee, Dragon's Breath, and Comet all should be correctly handled by this component. As a result of this, Earthquake's shaking should no longer be insane from hitting multiple targets, nor should either of Wail of the Banshee's completion sounds be missing. The two exceptions here are Repulsion and False Dawn, which, due to the fact that they're essentially pulse auras that cast another spell every round that affects whoever's nearby for that given round, I really do not think can be fixed.
  4. Chain Lightning will always inflict the correct amount of damage upon the first hit, even if the target is initially friendly (SR bug^2).
  5. A new settings.ini option for EE users allows you to disable the installation of Enchanted Weapon, if you prefer the EE's implementation. Defaulted to off.
  6. Mordenkainen's Sword tentatively no longer kills itself for AI (SR bug^3).
  7. Some IWDEE compatibility stuff from Subtledoctor has been implemented.
  8. Updated version of the spellbook and school corrector from Subtledoctor has been implemented.
  9. Ships with a version of weidu that actually works without needing to update it first, :p.

NOTE: The base of your installation can either be kreso's latest beta or SD's - it should not matter which.

For SD:

^1: Simply remove the name of the subspell.

^2: It splits the damage between two subspells, one for the main target, one for the AoE chained lightning. Just make the main target subspell grant immunity to the AoE part, then up the damage to the proper amount.

^3: Its script, which SR ships with, has a block specifically for killing itself at the very beginning. I don't understand why, and I don't understand why it only kicks in for AI, but I've tentatively removed it, and things seem alright, but I do question why it's in there to begin with - presumably for some reason, but I don't know it.

Edited by Bartimaeus

The base of your installation can either be kreso's latest beta or SD's - it should not matter which.

People might want to hold off on using my fork. I mean, I don't mind, it installs and it should be perfectly usable. It's just not really supported by anyone. All of its fixes are being integrated into a proper new version of SR and will soon be available as beta 16. :)

I didn't want to start a new thread for this but does anyone know how SR interfaces with the Refinements Mod? On my next install, I'm thinking of trying SR+Refinements+SCS (with the "treat HLA's as innates" option). I'm no modder but something tells me I'm going to see problems...though maybe not.

That seems perfectly worthy of a new thread...

FWIW I've never not used all 3 of those mods together. But OTOH it's been a long time since I played BG2 so I don't remember if there were no issues, or there were some issues and I just lived with them. I would probably avoid the SR fighter HLAs component.

Edited by subtledoctor

1.0.6 released:

1. The latest update of SR made the regenerate spells non-dispellable, which I thought mostly makes sense, so that's true here as well.
  2. iwdee.hidespl updated to be a little more correct for SRR, as its disabled spells are slightly different than SR's.
Edited by Bartimaeus

The other way around: the changes in the latest beta are in my version, but my changes are not in the latest beta. The latest beta was almost entirely bug fixes, while mine has more actual spell tweaks on top of that. I still need to write actual documentation detailing what those changes are, though...which I am working on and which will hopefully be done sometime soon. I'll probably have the arcane changes posted tomorrow.

Well, SRR only distributes modified files, so for example, you're missing the ToBEx redistributable that's in the SR archive which is 1.5MB off already. Nor is 1pp's wings folder necessary to be included for SRR (as I don't touch it), so that's almost another MB off as well, etc.

Arcane spell changes up in the first post.

Fireburst does not seem to be working on my installation. A very small circle of fire appears around the caster twice without doing any damage. I'm in the process of trying to figure out whether or not there's something wrong with my installation (I'm now using v2.5.16.6 of BG2EE with SRR, IRR, and SCS) but it would be helpful to know if it's working fine for everyone else.

I also got the following errors when installing SRR using v4b15, likely due to missing files:

ERROR: error loading [spell_rev/shared/spdr601e.spl]

ERROR: error loading [spell_rev/spwi6##/spwi615e.spl]

I was able to temporarily fix the issue by commenting out the corresponding lines in main_component.tpa.

UPDATE:

Removing the Fireburst spell files from SRR's folder before merging it v4b16 solved the issue. However, I went through a number of spells and found a few other issues which are listed below. I'm in the process of checking whether the same merging strategy will fix these issues. This time around, my tests were all done using BG2EE v2.5.16.6 with only SRR installed.

1) Fireshield doesn't seem to deal damage.

2) Prismatic Mantle has no prismatic effect again.

3) Mordenkainen's Sword attacks you.

4) Simbul's Spell Trigger shows different Spell Immunity versions instead of Dispelling Screen

These issues were all found when playing as a sorcerer so they might not occur with other mages.

UPDATE 2:

I temporarily fixed the first three by ignoring side effects and mixing files from different versions of SR and SRR, but I still can't fix the final one. Regular SRv4b16 seems to have Dispelling Screen in addition to Mind Blank (which should obviously not be there) and the Spell Immunities as options for level 5 spells in the trigger. I'm fine with this as I can just ignore the extra spells but I don't know how to replicate this behavior in my modded version. Duplicating the relevant files from SRv4b16 doesn't seem to work. I also believe fixing #4 is fairly important for mage classes in order to allow them to immediately set up another Dispelling Screen after the initial one gets removed.

Edited by HuoYuhao

Thanks! Looks like simply a problem of github not having the latest version of main_component.tpa vs. my internal version and me not realizing it (the joys of working with github instead of dropbox! ;)). Replaced just now with the correct version of the file. Should fix both the installation errors, Prismatic Mantle (which would be missing a critical .eff), Fire Shield (which would be missing half of its critical .effs!), and the Fire Burst issue among likely others as a result of when I updated the AoE SD and on-hit effect stuff.

The last two issues, Mordenkainen's Sword and Spell Trigger, I am less sure about. How exactly are you having subspells for the old Spell Immunity that aren't in your spellbook show up for Spell Trigger?

Edited by Bartimaeus

Mordenkainen's Sword seems to work fine in v4b16 without SRR. Spell Trigger just seems to replace Dispelling Screen with the individual versions of Spell Immunity. In v4b16 without SRR, the same issue occurs but Dispelling Screen and Mind Blank are there as additional spells. Installing SRR over v4b16, even if you replace SRR's Spell Trigger files with v4b16's before installing, causes Dispelling Screen and Mind Blank to not appear. Are you not having these issues?