cmorgan

WARNING: some mature content might leak in - I'm having trouble screening out what is and isn't, so there may occasionally be RL swearwords or soem stuff. And I print the word "sex". That means it may or may not be cool for young kids in your household. Just a friendly reminder, just in case.

The followup posts in this thread go for the "pre-joined, just summoned, but we have to catch up the NPC and Player" ToB initial dialog. I borrowed standard BioWare™ naming conventions, so C-ARN25A.

But before that, as I am short on time (and my lunch time is rapidly disappearing), two preliminary constructs to play with.

/* Added ToB "PID Started by another NPC" calls. In ToB, I am sticking with the Canonical BioWare™ and a standard "IsGabber/<TOKEN>" block to cover any of the others, but Sarevok might be fun to play with: */

CHAIN ~C-ARN25J~ a2676
~[ARAN] What do you want, Sarevok?~
== C-ARN25J IF ~Global("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I'd be right happy to lend you a dagger. You could slit your gods-blighted throat, an' make us all a great deal happier.~
== C-ARN25J IF ~Global("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You have no ability to make children, right? On account o' I think Faerun has blighted well had enough wi' just one o' you.~
== C-ARN25J IF ~Global("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I want nothin' out o' you but breathin'. Strike that... I meant to say, I want you to quit breathin'.~
== C-ARN25J IF ~Global("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Why don't you die already, an' go take over some nice corner o' th' nine hells, like a good little bastard? Wait... done forgot. You tried that, an' failed.~
== C-ARN25J IF ~Global("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",4)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You got yourself a strikin' face, there. Hold still, an' I'd be right happy to strike it. Mayhap I might even stop after a bit.~
== C-ARN25J IF ~Global("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",5)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Look, you stinkin' power-hungry evil bastard, I only put up wi' you on account o' <CHARNAME>'s wishes. Don't sleep too sound, or I might forget what <PRO_HESHE> done said, an' rid us all o' your unnatural presence.~
== SAREV25J IF ~Global("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[sAREVOK] You would be more amusing, sellsword, if you were not so weak.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",1)~
== SAREV25J IF ~Global("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~[sAREVOK] The barking of stray dogs does not bother me, sellsword.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",2)~
== SAREV25J IF ~Global("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN ~[sAREVOK] Ah, the breaking of wind. The sellsword must be talking again.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",3)~
== SAREV25J IF ~Global("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN ~[sAREVOK] If you wish to act in <CHARNAME>'s best interest, fall on your sword now. Take care not to place it near your head, though, as it might not do enough damage on so hard a rock as that.~  DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",4)~
== SAREV25J IF ~Global("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",4)~ THEN ~[sAREVOK] Ah, the mewling of an infant who realizes he will never be a powerful force to be reckoned with.~  DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",5)~
== SAREV25J IF ~Global("c-aransarspar","GLOBAL",5)~ THEN ~[sAREVOK] I merely wished to see if you had become more inventive in your invective. Sadly, you have the wit of a dull dagger.~
EXIT

/*

OK, then came the little matter of ToB Joining dialog, and how to set things for Romance. For male PCs, this really doesn't matter. Aran can pick up and run with it. But for female PCs, the same problem Berelinde had with going between BG1 and BG2 with Gavin gets into play here. We have three "Fate Spirit" summons for female PC's, allowing declaration of "friend", "lover", and "former lover", setting the romance variable to 0, 2, or 3. But with the in-depth content in play in BG2, it makes it difficult to follow further whether they have had an on-again off-again relationship, or what they have done together. Plus... I might just back that off to two - and let players 'configure' Aran, the way Mass Effect 2 does for non-saved-game-import games. I don't know if this is better served by having someone else have the conversation, but since I can't be sure that it isn't just PC and Aran going it alone, it seems like i am stuck with either a "Dear Diary" talking object approach, where PC talks to herself (which I am not so fond of) and PC directly checking and controlling Aran through dialog.

There is another consideration - testing. Basically, after each opportunity to flirt or lovetalk or whatever, I want an easy way of determining the status of the relationship without always having to type in the CLUAConsole (because I sink at typing). And a very common player post is about how to set or change the romance variables, or check on them. So, an opportunity that is more in-depth than the standard PID "breakup, flirt, no flirt" options... something that during joining, rejoining, and regular play the player can use to check on (and perhaps change) the status. If playtesters dislike it, we can always drop it - it does mean that a player can "change history" on the fly the way it is currently coded. That might be useful for testing, but might not be so cool in play.

Copies go in pre-joined ToB, Joined ToB, Post-Joined ToB, Post-Joined SoA, and Joined SoA. Initiating links could loop in anywhere, but this probably is best set up as a PID option "status check".

Still to integrate:

c-aranfirstsex = 1 : self-identified no experience (no need to look for whether or not RE content, etc. is in play - leaves the option for play as a manipulative PC "Oh, I have never done this before" is something that could be said many many ways)

idea presented by Autumn Bard - mirrors some of the close tracking of progress in Berelinde's Gavin and Jastey's Ajantis.

c-aransex = 0 : no intimacy

c-aransex = 1 : kissing

c-aransex = 2 : touching + kissing

c-aransex = 3 : heavy innuendo touching ("petting")

c-aransex = 4 : full physical intimacy

So, a dialog for checking

++ ~[PC] Before we go any further, Aran... what do you think our "relationship" is?~ + tob_a2699

*/

/* Aran... what do you think our "relationship" is?  Resetting for players for ToB, but might double as a recheck via PID on both SoA and ToB. Useful for testing, anyways. */
CHAIN C-ARN25A a2694
~[ARAN] Well now, let me think a bit... our relationship. Put a lad on th' spot, eh?~
== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) !Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Currently, we be fightin' mad at eachother, or so it seems.~
== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) !Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You done told me to quit makin' all sorts o' random comments.~
== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) !Global("c-aanoconflict","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You done told me I should be leavin' Anomen alone an' not fightin' wi' him.~
== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",0) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I seem to not have ticked you off to th' point wheree you drop me for good, eh? I think even be friends. Why do you be askin'?~
== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",0) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I seem to not have ticked you off to th' point wheree you drop me for good, eh? You done told me no sellsword has th' right to be called "freind". Why do you be askin'?~
== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You haven't told me to not try a bit o' sparkin' from time to time. Then again, You done got a huge amount to think about lately. I think we be friends, more's th' pity. Why do you be askin'?~
== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We might rightly be called 'involved', I think. I am not sure what you get out o' th' deal, but I'm not rightly complainin'. Mayhap I can coax you into a kiss or two someday. Why do you be askin'?~
== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We might rightly be called 'involved', I think. I am not sure what you get out o' th' deal, but I'm not rightly complainin'. Mayhap I can coax you into more than a kiss or two someday. Why do you be askin'?~
== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We might rightly be called 'involved', I think. I am not sure what you get out o' th' deal, but I'm not rightly complainin'. Mayhap I can coax you into somethin' more than kissin' an' touchin' someday. Why do you be askin'?~
== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We might rightly be called 'involved', I think. I am not sure what you get out o' th' deal, but I'm not rightly complainin'. I can rightly say I live for th' times when we get physical wi' eachother. Mayhap someday we will take that final step. Why do you be askin'?~
== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",4)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We might rightly be called 'involved', I think. I am not sure what you get out o' th' deal, but I'm not rightly complainin'. An' I won't never forget spendin' time wi' you all tangled up, explorin' everythin'... why do you be askin'?~
== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I seem to not have ticked you off to th' point wheree you drop me for good, eh? I think we even be friends. We could have a bit more, but I guess things didn't work out th' way you wanted. Why do you be askin'?~
== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,MALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You haven't told me to bugger off permanent, though you do seem a trifle short wi' me from time to time. Then again, You done got a huge amount to think about lately. I think we be friends. Why do you be askin'?~
== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,MALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You told me to not try to confuse things by bein' friends, so we be supposed to keep to th' professional side. You command, I follow. Then you pay me. Why do you be askin'?~
== C-ARN25A IF ~HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Hey... you know, I be havin' one hells o' a blighted time figurin' out just what I think o' our relationship. I mean, that belt... it confuses me right proper, it do.~
EXIT
+ ~Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",0) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",0) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1)~ + ~[PC] I was just wondering.~ EXIT
+ ~Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",0) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",0) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1)~ + ~[PC] Oh, I just thought you might realize that I depend on you as one of my closest friends. I may not treat you exactly the way you would like, but I count on you..~ EXIT
+ ~Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",0) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",0) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1)~ + ~[PC] No sellsword ever has the right to call me "friend".~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT
+ ~Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",0) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",1) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1)~ + ~[PC] It is good to know that you know your place.~ EXIT
+ ~Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",0) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",1) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1)~ + ~[PC] In your case, I will make an exception. I think we are friends.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",0)~  EXIT
+ ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1)~ + ~[PC] I think we have headed down the wrong path, Aran. Let's just be friends.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",3)~ + a2661
+ ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1)~ + ~[PC] I think I am... very interested in you. Romantically speaking.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2)~ + a2698
+ ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1)~ + ~[PC] I think we could be together, if you were discreet. I have other lovers who are much less forgiving than you. Play by my rules, and we might just see what happens...~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransummoned","GLOBAL",2)~ + a2652
+ ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1)~ + ~[PC] I think I am... interested in you. But I don't like things to move so fast. Perhaps we should be friends, and explore becoming more?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",1)~ + a2697
+ ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1)~ + ~[PC] I can't believe you have forgotten all of the passion. You are so physical, but you can't remember with whom?~ EXTERN C-ARN25A a2695
+ ~HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1)~ + ~[PC] Just checking.~ EXIT

APPEND C-ARN25A

IF ~~ a2695
 SAY ~[ARAN] Mayhap I have been knoocked on th' head, but I am sure I would remember anythin' to do with you, <CHARNAME>. I... why, what do you know that I don't?~
 ++ ~[PC] You remember it corrrectly, Aran. I was just teasing you.~ + a2697
 ++ ~[PC] You remember it corrrectly, Aran. All except.. well, I thought we had a few stray glances, and the way your eyes look at me, I think you want more than just a little friendship. Nothing has really happened.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransex","GLOBAL",0)~ + a2697
 ++ ~[PC] Shall I jog your memory, and describe some of the things we have done together?~ +  a2696
 ++ ~[PC] No. I think you have it just the way I want it. Thank the gods for memory lapses.~ + a2697
END

IF ~~ a2696
 SAY ~[ARAN] I would love that.~
 ++ ~[PC] You remember it corrrectly, Aran. I was just teasing you.~ + a2697
 ++ ~[PC] You remember it corrrectly, Aran. All except the stray glances, whispers, and the way you look at me. It is like you are hungry, but not for food.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransex","GLOBAL",0)~ + a2697
 ++ ~[PC] You remember it corrrectly, Aran. All except the bold glances, whispered converstaions, and some very deep kisses.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransex","GLOBAL",1)~ +  a2698
 ++ ~[PC] You remember it corrrectly, Aran. All except the stolen whispered converstaions, the feel of your fingers tracing runes my body, the feel of the bare skin of your chest under my palms... and kisses that set us both on fire.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransex","GLOBAL",2)~ + a2698
 ++ ~[PC] Aran... we have spent so much time together, the only thing we haven't done is... ~  DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransex","GLOBAL",3)~ + a2698  
 ++ ~[PC] Aran... I know the touch of you, the feel of all you, and that little strained look you get just before you... ~  DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransex","GLOBAL",4)~ + a2698  
 ++ ~[PC] No. I think you have it just the way I want it. Thank the gods for memory lapses.~ + a2697
END

IF ~~ a2697
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, you had me off balance, there. I be right happy we both agree. I was worried, mayhap because any time a woman asks about 'relationship status', there be a powerful lot o' pitfalls an' traps a lad can fall into, eh?~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a2698
 SAY ~[ARAN] I can stop you right there, with a kiss. I can't rightly forget anythin' about us, but it sure does feel good to hear you speakin' o' us like this. I was just a mite off balance, is all. Mayhap because any time a woman asks about 'relationship status', there be a powerful lot o' pitfalls an' traps a lad can fall into, eh?~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

END // of APPEND

The basics of ToB P-file ("post-joined" file; C-ARN25P) construction are fundamentally the same as the standard SoA one. There are a few additions, though - in this version, Berelinde's "Homeward Bound" code is utilized, and Aran gets a chance to move on his own between the inns via whatever he can find. Or he can go to the Pocket Plane. In both cases, that is constrained by what area he is in, so if he is trapped in an area he will laugh it off as a joke instead of an order. We also give players an opportunity 9see the post above) to check on his "relationship status" as a reminder of what options the player has set if they are away from the game for an extended period of time (and if they are playtesting and can't remember what options were set).

/* BEGIN C-ARN25P is covered in initial dialog compilation. */

/* Sending the NPC home from the Pocket Plane, and bringing them back */
/* courtesy of berelinde, using Homeward Bound code */

EXTEND_BOTTOM FATESP 6
+ ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ + ~Send Aran Whitehand home to Amn.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",1)
ActionOverride("c-aran",SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1))
ActionOverride("c-aran",SetLeavePartyDialogFile())
ActionOverride("c-aran",ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT))
ActionOverride("c-aran",LeaveParty())
ActionOverride("c-aran",GivePartyAllEquipment())
ActionOverride("c-aran",MakeGlobal())
Wait(1)
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR","c-aran")
Wait(4)
MoveGlobal("AR0607","c-aran",[272.294])~ EXIT
+ ~Global("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",1)~ + ~Bring Aran Whitehand back from Amn.~ DO ~CreateVisualEffect("SPPORTAL",[1999.1228])
Wait(2)
MoveGlobal("AR4500","c-aran",[1999.1228])
Wait(1)~ + 8
END

APPEND C-ARN25P

/* just kicked out via "reform party" button = no global set. */
IF ~Global("KickedOut","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN c_tob_adust_party
 SAY ~[ARAN] Do you be certain you want me to go?~
 + ~RandomNum(3,1) !AreaCheck("AR4500")~ + ~[PC] Not right now. I might be back later, though. Stay right here and wait for me.~  DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~ + a1632 
 + ~RandomNum(3,2) !AreaCheck("AR4500")~ + ~[PC] Not right now. I might be back later, though. Stay right here and wait for me.~  DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~ + a1633
 + ~RandomNum(3,3) !AreaCheck("AR4500")~ + ~[PC] Not right now. I might be back later, though. Stay right here and wait for me.~  DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~ + a1640 // c-aranrejoin2 // tob
 + ~!AreaCheck("AR5003") !AreaCheck("AR0301") !AreaCheck("AR0302") !AreaCheck("AR0303") !AreaCheck("AR0304") !AreaCheck("AR0305") !AreaCheck("AR0306") !AreaCheck("AR0307") !AreaCheck("AR0509") !AreaCheck("AR0510") !AreaCheck("AR0511") !AreaCheck("AR1102") !AreaCheck("AR1107") !AreaCheck("AR0801") !AreaCheck("AR0803") !AreaCheck("AR1300") !AreaCheck("AR1301") !AreaCheck("AR1302") !AreaCheck("AR1303") !AreaCheck("AR0601") !AreaCheck("AR0602") !AreaCheck("AR0603") !AreaCheck("AR0604") !AreaCheck("AR0605") !AreaCheck("AR0606") !AreaCheck("AR3000") !AreaCheck("AR3001") !AreaCheck("AR3003") !AreaCheck("AR3004") !AreaCheck("AR3005") !AreaCheck("AR3006") !AreaCheck("AR3007") !AreaCheck("AR3008") !AreaCheck("AR3009") !AreaCheck("AR3010") !AreaCheck("AR3011") !AreaCheck("AR3012") !AreaCheck("AR3013") !AreaCheck("AR3014") !AreaCheck("AR3015") !AreaCheck("AR3016") !AreaCheck("AR3017") !AreaCheck("AR3018") !AreaCheck("AR3019") !AreaCheck("AR3020") !AreaCheck("AR3021") !AreaCheck("AR3022") !AreaCheck("AR3023") !AreaCheck("AR3024") !AreaCheck("AR3025") !AreaCheck("AR3026") !AreaCheck("AR3027")~ + ~[PC] Why don't you find a good inn and wait for us there? Perhaps in Saradush?~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~  + a1639 // c-aranwaitsaradush // tob //  <<POSSIBLE_TO_LEAVE>>
 + ~!AreaCheck("AR5003") OR(51) AreaCheck("AR0301") AreaCheck("AR0302") AreaCheck("AR0303") AreaCheck("AR0304") AreaCheck("AR0305") AreaCheck("AR0306") AreaCheck("AR0307") AreaCheck("AR0509") AreaCheck("AR0510") AreaCheck("AR0511") AreaCheck("AR1102") AreaCheck("AR1107") AreaCheck("AR0801") AreaCheck("AR0803") AreaCheck("AR1300") AreaCheck("AR1301") AreaCheck("AR1302") AreaCheck("AR1303") AreaCheck("AR0601") AreaCheck("AR0602") AreaCheck("AR0603") AreaCheck("AR0604") AreaCheck("AR0605") AreaCheck("AR0606") AreaCheck("AR3000") AreaCheck("AR3001") AreaCheck("AR3003") AreaCheck("AR3004") AreaCheck("AR3005") AreaCheck("AR3006") AreaCheck("AR3007") AreaCheck("AR3008") AreaCheck("AR3009") AreaCheck("AR3010") AreaCheck("AR3011") AreaCheck("AR3012") AreaCheck("AR3013") AreaCheck("AR3014") AreaCheck("AR3015") AreaCheck("AR3016") AreaCheck("AR3017") AreaCheck("AR3018") AreaCheck("AR3019") AreaCheck("AR3020") AreaCheck("AR3021") AreaCheck("AR3022") AreaCheck("AR3023") AreaCheck("AR3024") AreaCheck("AR3025") AreaCheck("AR3026") AreaCheck("AR3027")~ + ~[PC] Why don't you find a good inn and wait for us there? Perhaps in Saradush?~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~  + a1630 // c-araninnimpossible // tob // <<IMPOSSIBLE_TO_LEAVE>>
 + ~!AreaCheck("AR5501") !AreaCheck("AR0301") !AreaCheck("AR0302") !AreaCheck("AR0303") !AreaCheck("AR0304") !AreaCheck("AR0305") !AreaCheck("AR0306") !AreaCheck("AR0307") !AreaCheck("AR0509") !AreaCheck("AR0510") !AreaCheck("AR0511") !AreaCheck("AR1102") !AreaCheck("AR1107") !AreaCheck("AR0801") !AreaCheck("AR0803") !AreaCheck("AR1300") !AreaCheck("AR1301") !AreaCheck("AR1302") !AreaCheck("AR1303") !AreaCheck("AR0601") !AreaCheck("AR0602") !AreaCheck("AR0603") !AreaCheck("AR0604") !AreaCheck("AR0605") !AreaCheck("AR0606") !AreaCheck("AR3000") !AreaCheck("AR3001") !AreaCheck("AR3003") !AreaCheck("AR3004") !AreaCheck("AR3005") !AreaCheck("AR3006") !AreaCheck("AR3007") !AreaCheck("AR3008") !AreaCheck("AR3009") !AreaCheck("AR3010") !AreaCheck("AR3011") !AreaCheck("AR3012") !AreaCheck("AR3013") !AreaCheck("AR3014") !AreaCheck("AR3015") !AreaCheck("AR3016") !AreaCheck("AR3017") !AreaCheck("AR3018") !AreaCheck("AR3019") !AreaCheck("AR3020") !AreaCheck("AR3021") !AreaCheck("AR3022") !AreaCheck("AR3023") !AreaCheck("AR3024") !AreaCheck("AR3025") !AreaCheck("AR3026") !AreaCheck("AR3027")~ + ~[PC] Why don't you find a good inn and wait for us there? I hear there is an inn somewhere around Amkethran...~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~ + a1638 // c-aranwaitsamkethran // tob //  <<POSSIBLE_TO_LEAVE>>
 + ~!AreaCheck("AR5501") OR(51) AreaCheck("AR0301") AreaCheck("AR0302") AreaCheck("AR0303") AreaCheck("AR0304") AreaCheck("AR0305") AreaCheck("AR0306") AreaCheck("AR0307") AreaCheck("AR0509") AreaCheck("AR0510") AreaCheck("AR0511") AreaCheck("AR1102") AreaCheck("AR1107") AreaCheck("AR0801") AreaCheck("AR0803") AreaCheck("AR1300") AreaCheck("AR1301") AreaCheck("AR1302") AreaCheck("AR1303") AreaCheck("AR0601") AreaCheck("AR0602") AreaCheck("AR0603") AreaCheck("AR0604") AreaCheck("AR0605") AreaCheck("AR0606") AreaCheck("AR3000") AreaCheck("AR3001") AreaCheck("AR3003") AreaCheck("AR3004") AreaCheck("AR3005") AreaCheck("AR3006") AreaCheck("AR3007") AreaCheck("AR3008") AreaCheck("AR3009") AreaCheck("AR3010") AreaCheck("AR3011") AreaCheck("AR3012") AreaCheck("AR3013") AreaCheck("AR3014") AreaCheck("AR3015") AreaCheck("AR3016") AreaCheck("AR3017") AreaCheck("AR3018") AreaCheck("AR3019") AreaCheck("AR3020") AreaCheck("AR3021") AreaCheck("AR3022") AreaCheck("AR3023") AreaCheck("AR3024") AreaCheck("AR3025") AreaCheck("AR3026") AreaCheck("AR3027")~ + ~[PC] Why don't you find a good inn and wait for us there? I hear there is an inn somewhere around Amkethran...~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~ + a1630 // c-araninnimpossible // tob  // <<IMPOSSIBLE_TO_LEAVE>>
 ++ ~[PC] Actually, I've changed my mind. Stay with the party.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0) JoinParty()~ EXIT
 + ~AreaCheck("AR4500")~ + ~I'm sure.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1) MoveToPointNoInterrupt([1799.1358]) Face(14)~ EXIT
 ++ ~[PC] Actually, I wanted to talk to you about how things are between us.~ + tob_a2712
 + ~OR(2)AreaCheck("AR5003") AreaCheck("AR5501")~ + ~[PC] Stay here, and don't gather any attention to yourself. That means no fighting, no drinking to excess, and no wenching.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~ EXIT
 + ~!AreaCheck("AR4500") !AreaCheck("AR4000") !AreaCheck("AR6200")~ + ~[PC] I'm sure. Just wait right here, for now.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~ EXIT
 + ~!AreaCheck("AR4500") !AreaCheck("AR4000") !AreaCheck("AR6200")~ + ~[PC] I am sending you back to the Pocket Plane, Aran. I need you there right now.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR",Myself)
Wait(2)
MoveBetweenAreas("AR4500",[1799.1358],14)~ EXIT
END

/* AR4500 = pocketplane || AR5003 = Saradush Inn || AR5501 = Amkethran Inn */

/* Adding a special dialogue to the 25P for NPCs sent home from the Pocket Plane */
IF ~Global("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",1) Global("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN a1641
 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye then, <CHARNAME>. What's th' word? You need me?~
 ++ ~[PC] Yes, come with me, Aran.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",0) SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0) JoinParty()~ EXIT
 + ~Class("c-aran",FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Gods help me, I actually need your fighting skills. You had better come along.~  DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",0) SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0) JoinParty()~ EXIT 
 + ~Class("c-aran",MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] It pains me to say it, but your magic is a necessary part of my party. Come on, and don't dawdle.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",0) SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0) JoinParty()~ EXIT
 + ~Class("c-aran",THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Stop pickpocketing me, and you can come along.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",0) SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0) JoinParty()~ EXIT
 + ~Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I need your lore and inspiring oratory, Aran. Just please stop the whole 'try to teach yourself a stringed instrument" thing. It sounds like cats being thrown in a shower.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",0) SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0) JoinParty()~ EXIT
 + ~Class("c-aran",RANGER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Come on. I seem to have need of your tracking skills. Notice I said "tracking", not "talking"...~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",0) SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0) JoinParty()~ EXIT
 + ~Class("c-aran",SORCERER)~ + ~[PC] You are gaining enough power as a sorcerer that you might actually be useful. Come on, I need you.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",0) SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0) JoinParty()~ EXIT
 + ~OR(2) Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL) Class("c-aran",PALADIN_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I need a healer, and you fit the bill. Gear up, boyo... we are heading out.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",0) SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0) JoinParty()~ EXIT
 ++ ~[PC] Actually, I wanted to talk to you about how things are between us.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",0)~ + tob_a2712
 ++ ~[PC] Quit whining, and toughen up. I will tell you when I need you.~ +  DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",0)~ + a1635
 + ~RandomNum(3,1)~ + ~[PC] Actually, wait here awhile longer, Aran. I need you close by.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",0)~ + a1635
 + ~RandomNum(3,2)~ + ~[PC] Actually, wait here awhile longer, Aran. I need you close by.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",0)~ + a1636
 + ~RandomNum(3,3)~ + ~[PC] Actually, wait here awhile longer, Aran. I need you close by.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",0)~ + a1637
END

/* Pocketplane Rejoin */
IF ~Global("KickedOut","LOCALS",1) AreaCheck("AR4500")~ THEN BEGIN a1629
 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, I be listenin'. Do you want me along? There's naught to do here worth doin'.~
 ++ ~[PC] Come on, Aran. We are off to have yet another battle.~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT
 + ~Class("c-aran",FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Gods help me, I actually need your fighting skils. You had better come along.~  DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT 
 + ~Class("c-aran",MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] It pains me to say it, but your magic is a necessary part of my party. Come on, and don't dawdle.~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT
 + ~Class("c-aran",THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Stop pickpocketing me, and you can come along.~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT
 + ~Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I need your lore and inspiring oratory, Aran. Just please stop the whole 'try to teach yourself a stringed instrument by reading old manuscripts' thing. It sounds like cats being thrown in a shower.~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT
 + ~Class("c-aran",RANGER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Come on. I seem to have need of your tracking skills. Notice I said "tracking", not "talking"...~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT
 + ~Class("c-aran",SORCERER)~ + ~[PC] You are gaining enough power as a sorcerer that you might actually be useful. Come on, I need you.~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT
 + ~OR(2) Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL) Class("c-aran",PALADIN_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I need a healer, and you fit the bill. Gear up, boyo... we are heading out.~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT
 ++ ~[PC] Actually, I wanted to talk to you about how things are between us.~ + tob_a2712
 ++ ~[PC] Not right now, thanks.~ + a1640
 ++ ~[PC] Well, I came back to this oh-so-pleasant place, and I came over here to talk to you. Do you think it was because I wanted a status report on the massive amount of things going on around here?~ + a1642 // smartalekrejoin // tob
END

/* Saradush or Amkethran Rejoin */
IF ~Global("KickedOut","LOCALS",1) OR(2) AreaCheck("AR5003") AreaCheck("AR5501")~ THEN BEGIN a1631
 SAY ~[ARAN] I can keep myself a mite busy by drinkin', here, but I'd rather be fightin' alongside you. Take me along?~
 ++ ~[PC] Of course. Join up, so we can go save the world.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0) JoinParty()~ EXIT
 ++ ~[PC] Not right now. I might be back later, though.~ + a1632
 ++ ~[PC] Stay here, and don't gather any attention to yourself. That means no fighting, no drinkuing to excess, and no wenching.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~ EXIT
 + ~!AreaCheck("AR5003")~ + ~[PC] Why don't you find a good inn and wait for us there? Perhaps in Saradush?~ + a1639 // c-aranwaitsaradush // tob //  <<POSSIBLE_TO_LEAVE>>
 + ~!AreaCheck("AR5501")~ + ~[PC] Why don't you find a good inn and wait for us there? I hear there is an inn somewhere around Amkethran...~ + a1638 // c-aranwaitsamkethran // tob //  <<POSSIBLE_TO_LEAVE>>
 ++ ~[PC] I am sending you back to the Pocket Plane, Aran. I need you there right now.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)
Wait(2)
END

/* Any Other Area Rejoin */
IF ~Global("KickedOut","LOCALS",1) !AreaCheck("AR4500") !AreaCheck("AR5003") !AreaCheck("AR5501")~ THEN BEGIN a1643
 SAY ~[ARAN] Right, then. There you are. There's naught for me to do here, an' I'd rather be fightin' alongside you. Take me along?~ [c-aws133] 
 ++ ~[PC] Of course. Join up, so we can go save the world.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",0) JoinParty()~ EXIT
 + ~RandomNum(3,1)~ + ~[PC] Not right now. I might be back later, though. Stay right here and wait for me.~ + a1632 
 + ~RandomNum(3,2)~ + ~[PC] Not right now. I might be back later, though. Stay right here and wait for me.~ + a1633
 + ~RandomNum(3,3)~ + ~[PC] Not right now. I might be back later, though. Stay right here and wait for me.~ + a1640 // c-aranrejoin2 // tob
 + ~!AreaCheck("AR0301") !AreaCheck("AR0302") !AreaCheck("AR0303") !AreaCheck("AR0304") !AreaCheck("AR0305") !AreaCheck("AR0306") !AreaCheck("AR0307") !AreaCheck("AR0509") !AreaCheck("AR0510") !AreaCheck("AR0511") !AreaCheck("AR1102") !AreaCheck("AR1107") !AreaCheck("AR0801") !AreaCheck("AR0803") !AreaCheck("AR1300") !AreaCheck("AR1301") !AreaCheck("AR1302") !AreaCheck("AR1303") !AreaCheck("AR0601") !AreaCheck("AR0602") !AreaCheck("AR0603") !AreaCheck("AR0604") !AreaCheck("AR0605") !AreaCheck("AR0606") !AreaCheck("AR3000") !AreaCheck("AR3001") !AreaCheck("AR3003") !AreaCheck("AR3004") !AreaCheck("AR3005") !AreaCheck("AR3006") !AreaCheck("AR3007") !AreaCheck("AR3008") !AreaCheck("AR3009") !AreaCheck("AR3010") !AreaCheck("AR3011") !AreaCheck("AR3012") !AreaCheck("AR3013") !AreaCheck("AR3014") !AreaCheck("AR3015") !AreaCheck("AR3016") !AreaCheck("AR3017") !AreaCheck("AR3018") !AreaCheck("AR3019") !AreaCheck("AR3020") !AreaCheck("AR3021") !AreaCheck("AR3022") !AreaCheck("AR3023") !AreaCheck("AR3024") !AreaCheck("AR3025") !AreaCheck("AR3026") !AreaCheck("AR3027")~ + ~[PC] Why don't you find a good inn and wait for us there? Perhaps in Saradush?~ + a1639 // c-aranwaitsaradush // tob //  <<POSSIBLE_TO_LEAVE>>
 + ~OR(51) AreaCheck("AR0301") AreaCheck("AR0302") AreaCheck("AR0303") AreaCheck("AR0304") AreaCheck("AR0305") AreaCheck("AR0306") AreaCheck("AR0307") AreaCheck("AR0509") AreaCheck("AR0510") AreaCheck("AR0511") AreaCheck("AR1102") AreaCheck("AR1107") AreaCheck("AR0801") AreaCheck("AR0803") AreaCheck("AR1300") AreaCheck("AR1301") AreaCheck("AR1302") AreaCheck("AR1303") AreaCheck("AR0601") AreaCheck("AR0602") AreaCheck("AR0603") AreaCheck("AR0604") AreaCheck("AR0605") AreaCheck("AR0606") AreaCheck("AR3000") AreaCheck("AR3001") AreaCheck("AR3003") AreaCheck("AR3004") AreaCheck("AR3005") AreaCheck("AR3006") AreaCheck("AR3007") AreaCheck("AR3008") AreaCheck("AR3009") AreaCheck("AR3010") AreaCheck("AR3011") AreaCheck("AR3012") AreaCheck("AR3013") AreaCheck("AR3014") AreaCheck("AR3015") AreaCheck("AR3016") AreaCheck("AR3017") AreaCheck("AR3018") AreaCheck("AR3019") AreaCheck("AR3020") AreaCheck("AR3021") AreaCheck("AR3022") AreaCheck("AR3023") AreaCheck("AR3024") AreaCheck("AR3025") AreaCheck("AR3026") AreaCheck("AR3027")~ + ~[PC] Why don't you find a good inn and wait for us there? Perhaps in Saradush?~ + a1630 // c-araninnimpossible // tob // <<IMPOSSIBLE_TO_LEAVE>>
 + ~!AreaCheck("AR5501") !AreaCheck("AR0301") !AreaCheck("AR0302") !AreaCheck("AR0303") !AreaCheck("AR0304") !AreaCheck("AR0305") !AreaCheck("AR0306") !AreaCheck("AR0307") !AreaCheck("AR0509") !AreaCheck("AR0510") !AreaCheck("AR0511") !AreaCheck("AR1102") !AreaCheck("AR1107") !AreaCheck("AR0801") !AreaCheck("AR0803") !AreaCheck("AR1300") !AreaCheck("AR1301") !AreaCheck("AR1302") !AreaCheck("AR1303") !AreaCheck("AR0601") !AreaCheck("AR0602") !AreaCheck("AR0603") !AreaCheck("AR0604") !AreaCheck("AR0605") !AreaCheck("AR0606") !AreaCheck("AR3000") !AreaCheck("AR3001") !AreaCheck("AR3003") !AreaCheck("AR3004") !AreaCheck("AR3005") !AreaCheck("AR3006") !AreaCheck("AR3007") !AreaCheck("AR3008") !AreaCheck("AR3009") !AreaCheck("AR3010") !AreaCheck("AR3011") !AreaCheck("AR3012") !AreaCheck("AR3013") !AreaCheck("AR3014") !AreaCheck("AR3015") !AreaCheck("AR3016") !AreaCheck("AR3017") !AreaCheck("AR3018") !AreaCheck("AR3019") !AreaCheck("AR3020") !AreaCheck("AR3021") !AreaCheck("AR3022") !AreaCheck("AR3023") !AreaCheck("AR3024") !AreaCheck("AR3025") !AreaCheck("AR3026") !AreaCheck("AR3027")~ + ~[PC] Why don't you find a good inn and wait for us there? I hear there is an inn somewhere around Amkethran...~ + a1638 // c-aranwaitsamkethran // tob //  <<POSSIBLE_TO_LEAVE>>
 + ~!AreaCheck("AR5501") OR(51) AreaCheck("AR0301") AreaCheck("AR0302") AreaCheck("AR0303") AreaCheck("AR0304") AreaCheck("AR0305") AreaCheck("AR0306") AreaCheck("AR0307") AreaCheck("AR0509") AreaCheck("AR0510") AreaCheck("AR0511") AreaCheck("AR1102") AreaCheck("AR1107") AreaCheck("AR0801") AreaCheck("AR0803") AreaCheck("AR1300") AreaCheck("AR1301") AreaCheck("AR1302") AreaCheck("AR1303") AreaCheck("AR0601") AreaCheck("AR0602") AreaCheck("AR0603") AreaCheck("AR0604") AreaCheck("AR0605") AreaCheck("AR0606") AreaCheck("AR3000") AreaCheck("AR3001") AreaCheck("AR3003") AreaCheck("AR3004") AreaCheck("AR3005") AreaCheck("AR3006") AreaCheck("AR3007") AreaCheck("AR3008") AreaCheck("AR3009") AreaCheck("AR3010") AreaCheck("AR3011") AreaCheck("AR3012") AreaCheck("AR3013") AreaCheck("AR3014") AreaCheck("AR3015") AreaCheck("AR3016") AreaCheck("AR3017") AreaCheck("AR3018") AreaCheck("AR3019") AreaCheck("AR3020") AreaCheck("AR3021") AreaCheck("AR3022") AreaCheck("AR3023") AreaCheck("AR3024") AreaCheck("AR3025") AreaCheck("AR3026") AreaCheck("AR3027")~ + ~[PC] Why don't you find a good inn and wait for us there? I hear there is an inn somewhere around Amkethran...~ + a1630 // c-araninnimpossible // tob  // <<IMPOSSIBLE_TO_LEAVE>>
 ++ ~[PC] I am sending you back to the Pocket Plane, Aran. I need you there right now.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)
Wait(2)
END

/* Impossible to go to an inn from here */
IF ~~ a1630
 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, that would be a nice trick, now wouldn't it. I'd oblige, if I could, but you know right well I can't leave here alone. Enough wi' th' jokes, eh?~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END
IF ~~ a1642
 SAY ~[ARAN] My, a mite bit snarky today, are we? Don't tell me... yet another impossibly convoluted schemin' bastard decided to give you a pain in th' neck. Come on, let me get my gear, an' we'll both go jam Bane's Bones up his arse.~
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1632 SAY ~[ARAN] Right, then. I'll just wait. The barmaid looks pretty fetchin' anyways.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
IF ~~ a1633 SAY ~[ARAN] Right, then. I'll just wait. Didn't want to go on no Shar-kissed adventure, nohow. I'll go take a blighted nap an' be done wi' it.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
IF ~~ a1635 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, I'll wait. Tyr's Eye, I left th' blighted rolls o' silk behind. I had in mind to live like a king this time. Guess th' old bedroll will just have to do.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
IF ~~ a1636 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, I'll wait. Mask's Left hand, I left th' blighted cookin' spices behind. Oh well - there'll be some opportunity to restock sometime, I suppose.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
IF ~~ a1637 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, I'll wait. By the way, I'm feelin' a bit nekkid, an' all, on account o' bein' swooped up here wi' naught for gear. Lend a lad a sword, please, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
IF ~~ a1640 SAY ~[ARAN] Bane's Bones, I'd much rather fight a bit than sit around with a stick up my arse. But you call th' shots, <CHARNAME>. I'll be here when you need me.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

IF ~~ a1639
 SAY ~[ARAN] Fine. I'll be waitin' at the pub in Saradush, when you need me. I think I can do some advance scoutin' ahead, or behind, or whatever.~
 IF ~~ THEN DO 
 ~ActionOverride("c-aran",SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1))
 ActionOverride("c-aran",EscapeAreaMove("AR5003",1074,707,5))~ EXIT 
END

IF ~~ a1638
 SAY ~[ARAN] Fine. I'll be waitin' at the pub in Amkethran, when you need me.~
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~ActionOverride("c-aran",SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1))
 EscapeAreaMove("AR5501",410,455,8)~ EXIT 
END

END // of append to c-arn25p

The Sarevok exchanges are good for the Chaotic Evil version, but don't exactly fit a post-alignment changed Sarevok.

Time to call in the Typo Rangers :) Send the chocolate to the usual place. :laugh:

== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) !Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Currently, we be fightin' mad at each other, or so it seems.~

== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",0) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I seem to not have ticked you off to th' point where you drop me for good, eh? I think we even be friends. Why do you be askin'?~

== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",0) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I seem to not have ticked you off to th' point where you drop me for good, eh? You done told me no sellsword has th' right to be called "friend". Why do you be askin'?~

== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We might rightly be called 'involved', I think. I am not sure what you get out o' th' deal, but I'm not rightly complainin'. I can rightly say I live for th' times when we get physical wi' each other. Mayhap someday we will take that final step. Why do you be askin'?~

== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I seem to not have ticked you off to th' point where you drop me for good, eh? I think we even be friends. We could have a bit more, but I guess things didn't work out th' way you wanted. Why do you be askin'?~

== C-ARN25A IF ~Gender(Player1,MALE) !HasItemEquiped("belt05",Player1) Global("c-apcdeclaresellsword","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You haven't told me to bugger off permanent, though you do seem a trifle short wi' me from time to time. Then again, you done got a huge amount to think about lately. I think we be friends. Why do you be askin'?~

IF ~~ a2695

SAY ~[ARAN] Mayhap I have been knocked on th' head, but I am sure I would remember anythin' to do with you, <CHARNAME>. I... why, what do you know that I don't?~

++ ~[PC] You remember it correctly, Aran. I was just teasing you.~ + a2697

++ ~[PC] You remember it correctly, Aran. All except.. well, I thought we had a few stray glances, and the way your eyes look at me, I think you want more than just a little friendship. Nothing has really happened.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransex","GLOBAL",0)~ + a2697

++ ~[PC] You remember it correctly, Aran. I was just teasing you.~ + a2697

++ ~[PC] You remember it correctly, Aran. All except the stray glances, whispers, and the way you look at me. It is like you are hungry, but not for food.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransex","GLOBAL",0)~ + a2697

++ ~[PC] You remember it correctly, Aran. All except the bold glances, whispered conversations, and some very deep kisses.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransex","GLOBAL",1)~ + a2698

++ ~[PC] You remember it correctly, Aran. All except the stolen whispered conversations, the feel of your fingers tracing runes on my body, the feel of the bare skin of your chest under my palms... and kisses that set us both on fire.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransex","GLOBAL",2)~ + a2698

All these extra R's! Reminds me of that pleasant female soundset with all the rolling R's that's on the Internet somewhere. I like that one.

++ ~[PC] Aran... I know the touch of you, the feel of all of you, and that little strained look you get just before you... ~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransex","GLOBAL",4)~ + a2698

+ ~Class("c-aran",FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Gods help me, I actually need your fighting skills. You had better come along.~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT (Pocket Plane listing)

++ ~[PC] Stay here, and don't gather any attention to yourself. That means no fighting, no drinking to excess, and no wenching.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)~ EXIT (Saradush/Amkethran listing)

Thank you!

Luckily, Typo Rangers around here come with +3 Eyes of Sharp Seeing, and +4 Quills of Correction :)

Two changes, too, then - check for Sarevok's alignment, and build more neutral ones for a reformed S. Also, the talk about Typo Rangers reminded me that I have built some cleric kit responses, but no love for rangers or Druids...

Dear Typo Rangers,

Please feel free to proofread my stuff anytime! You're awesome.

But if can make a suggestion, knowing how it's spelled correctly is a godsend (because most of the time, we don't know), but knowing how it's spelled wrong will let us find it in the document file. With the incorrect spelling, it takes about half a second to locate a typo in a file, no mattter how long the file or how often-repeated the typo. Without an example of how it's spelled wrong... well, we may never find all the instances where it's spelled wrong. Saying "You have 'tpyo' for 'typo' throughtout the document" is more than enough to let us find the mistakes.

@cmorgan,

I'm not sure if this is an error but it seems as if:

APPEND C-ARN25P

/* just kicked out via "reform party" button = no global set. */

IF ~Global("KickedOut","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN c_tob_adust_party

SAY ~[ARAN] Do you be certain you want me to go?~

the c_tob_adust_party ought to be c_tob_adjust_party, but it might be intentional. Thought I'd point it out, just in case it wasn't.

Also the reference to a shower here:

+ ~Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I need your lore and inspiring oratory, Aran. Just please stop the whole 'try to teach yourself a stringed instrument" thing. It sounds like cats being thrown in a shower.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aransenthome","GLOBAL",0)

may be a bit anachronistic for the Forgotten Realms setting. Perhaps a bath would suit better. I'm not well versed in FR lore though so I may very well be wrong.

Great work, as always! :)

@berelinde

Thank you for letting us know how the spelling corrections work for you modders. It helps a lot to know we don't have to quote chunks of text for you to be able to make spelling corrections. Yay! :laugh:

Archived