[Solved] Replaced Talos Necklace

Does somebody know which mod replaces item

Misc4y (the Talos necklace you need for Mae Var's quest)

by

C#aj4y (identical item description).

I use the item in a mod quest so I need to provide an alternate script for the case that this other mod is present?

Edited by Roxanne

Note that this is also the case for misc4x.itm (the Lathander statuette).

The items are not replaced in the sense that the original is no longer available, though. But the "C#.." items (my prefix) can be gained in a legal way and given to Mae'Var to solve the temple theft quest without actually stealing - in addition to going the original way.

Thus, if the party has the items MISC4X or MISC4Y -> stolen from one of the temples. If they have C#AJ4X or C#AJ4Y -> gained legally with knowledge of the temples.

And you are right, I didn't give them different descriptions... I could have sworn I added a line à la "this is the replica the temple gave you" or somesuch.

Edited by jastey

Note that this is also the case for misc4x.itm (the Lathander statuette).

The items are not replaced in the sense that the original is no longer available, though. But the "C#.." items (my prefix) can be gained in a legal way and given to Mae'Var to solve the temple theft quest without actually stealing - in addition to going the original way.

Thus, if the party has the items MISC4X or MISC4Y -> stolen from one of the temples. If they have C#AJ4X or C#AJ4Y -> gained legally with knowledge of the temples.

And you are right, I didn't give them different descriptions... I could have sworn I added a line à la "this is the replica the temple gave you" or somesuch.

Is there any consequence somewhere from whether you have the stolen one or the replica?

I gave the replica to Mae'Var and all is fine.

Actually I think to have the same description is valid because nobody is supposed to know that it is a replica once you have obtained it - unlike the various dragon eggs in Underdark.

Other question - I had the option for the replica in the dialogue with the Talos priestess although I had neither Ajantis nor any other paladin in my party. Is it to be available for everyone? Just asking, I think it is fine this way.

PS - I just solved my own issue by adding a check for any of the item's variations since it does not matter in my context whether it is the actual item or the replica.

GlobalLT("SantalosDec","GLOBAL",20)
OR(2)
PartyHasItem("Misc4y")
PartyHasItem("c#aj4y")
AreaType(CITY)

Solved.

Yes, it is supposed to be available for everyone. It's the same component, regardless of whether it is installed via Ajantis or Alternatives. There is no follow-up, it's treated like the real thing (in regards to Mae'Var's quest).

Fine.

Mine was the EET version of Alternatives then. Passed the test.

In my mod I simply check for either item and all is well.