Amber v.2.6 for SoA released

Meira

Amber 2.6 is here! The downloadlinks can be found in the download thread.

The new version includes:

A Spanish translation.

Upgraded to WeiDU version 211 (Windows & Linux, Mac is still 206).

Fixed some miscellaneous typos in various dialogs.

Fixed mistakes in tra files.

Fixed typos in variables.

Improved the code that spawns the children.

Corrected inconsistieces in dialogue.

Fixed the incompatibility issue with SCS-II's "Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas".

Even more incentive for another run with Amber. I have wanted to try Amber's friendship path but my PC's keeps falling for her guess I'll have to make him unqualified or a her.

Demoneq,

I've changed versions of the same Mod in the middle of the game before without problems. You have to uninstall the old version first, then remove the Amber files from your BGII folder. Then install the new version. I do wonder if having an upgraded version of WeiDU with the new version would have any effect? Hmmm ...... maby you should wait to try it until Meira gives her blessing.

Demoneq,

I've changed versions of the same Mod in the middle of the game before without problems. You have to uninstall the old version first, then remove the Amber files from your BGII folder. Then install the new version. I do wonder if having an upgraded version of WeiDU with the new version would have any effect? Hmmm ...... maby you should wait to try it until Meira gives her blessing.

It should be fine to install a new version like you described. Unistall and delete the old and then install the new one. If Amber's name and soundset get mixed up simply select her in game and press SHIFT-k. New WeiDU isn't a problem.

Download links are messed up. I could only get the link that said "Ambers home page" to work off of this sight and even the links on Amber's web site are the same.

I downloaded the "Amber's Home Site (Finland)" off of her web site, is that in english?

Download links are messed up. I could only get the link that said "Ambers home page" to work off of this sight and even the links on Amber's web site are the same.

I downloaded the "Amber's Home Site (Finland)" off of her web site, is that in english?

I'll hve to re-check the links. "Finland" points to the location of the server, if you live in the states you might get a faster download elsewhere.

EDIT.: Yeah, on Amber's page at the G3 the mac links point to rar file even though the 2.6 is a zip file. They're correct on Amber's own homepage and on the download thread of this forum, though. The IEGMC sites have not yet been updated yet, it usually takes a while.

Edited by Meira

I haven't played BG in several years, but Amber is the best npc mod I've tried. A good thief is necessary for BG2, and you just can't count on you-know-who, and you can't even get him in ToB. I find Jan Jansen just as irritating as most of the "Good" npc's. So you need "Good" a thief, but her romance path is too sweet to resist! I've played Fade, but found getting her to join happens too late in the game. I have the same problem with Skie. I'm gonna try Dace, next. Even if Dace proves more interesting, it's going to be real hard to resist playing Amber, should I ever play this game again. I suspect Dace is going to be a pain if I don't commit the occasional rape and murder along the way.

I would rank Amber and Level1npc's as essential mods for the game. With these two modes, you can make Imoen useful, and Amber kicks out nicely, right when you're done with her. Isn't that convenient? She volunteers to make room for Imoen, and the stock Imoen is useless when you need a thief, There must be another mod that changes Imoen into a raising thief, but Level1npcs is versatile, if cumbersome. I digress

I've had no problems with this mod. Amber is a little tricky to find at the beginning of the game, but she's well worth it. I really hate trading her in for Imoen, but she's written for doing just that. I'm going to have to see if I can summon her in ToB. Imoen starts to grate after a while.