Some questions about installing and using EET

BobMaster

Yea ok, but then I still have to download ALL patches first, because I can not download them separately.

Jarno said I didn't have to download anything, so now I am a bit confused.

[EDIT]: This made me believe I could just replicate the folder structure and files with notepad, or was I wrong about that ?

Well, if you want to, you can either download the patch for the files and the original files like Roxanne said, then apply the patches and then install them.

You can also, if for example there's only one mod you wish to have the fixes, you can download the original files(which in most cases if this happens one should already have), then open any of these folders and manually apply the fix in them for the mod and then install it. -This is mainly to mod makers, as they can use the code in the folders to update their mods code.-

Also I can't find a patch for 'BG1 Unfinished Business' mod,

If you notice the BG1EE already has the mod installed in it, meaning that there's no BG1EE Unfinished Business mod at all. There's a version of it for BG1 and BGT, but that's not the same thing.

Surely not the entire mod? BG1EE has some components of BG1 unfinished business included, but not nearly all of them. The mod is compatible with both BGEE and EET though, no patching needed.

Surely not the entire mod? BG1EE has some components of BG1 unfinished business included, but not nearly all of them. The mod is compatible with both BGEE and EET though, no patching needed.

Why not ? After all BeamDog talked to the mods makers and asked their permission and got it. Remember there's two mods "UB for BG1" and "UB", one made here and the other made in PPG.

If you also notice the BG2Fixpacks fixes was added to the BG2EE game. And probably to the BG1EE in the portions they needed to be.

So about the UB mods, do I have to install them or not and does the one for BG2 needs to be patched?

[EDIT]: I am installing EET and it is asking for my BG:EE+SoD folder, but when I input the folder, it says it is an invalid path.

I tried using appostrophes " but that didn't help.

It's a very clean install, didn't even add any mods, the readme doesn't mention how to input the path properly

Why not ? After all BeamDog talked to the mods makers and asked their permission and got it. Remember there's two mods "UB for BG1" and "UB", one made here and the other made in PPG.

If you also notice the BG2Fixpacks fixes was added to the BG2EE game. And probably to the BG1EE in the portions they needed to be.

But vanilla BG1EE doesn't contain all the features of UB. It contains some, like the flaming fist reinforcements, but I played it vanilla and there was no Shilo Chen, Entar Silvershield was not in his estate, there was no followup on the vials+ore found in the Nashkel mines, and so on. The fixpacks and 1pp were made redundant by the EEs, but not many other mods were. And yes, I'm of course talking about the EE-compatible version of UB, http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=29319.0

BobMaster: If you want the UB features you need to install the UB mods, yes. The one for BG1EE/SoD doesn't need patching, the one for BG2EE does.

So about the UB mods, do I have to install them or not and does the one for BG2 needs to be patched?

[EDIT]: I am installing EET and it is asking for my BG:EE+SoD folder, but when I input the folder, it says it is an invalid path.

I tried using appostrophes " but that didn't help.

It's a very clean install, didn't even add any mods, the readme doesn't mention how to input the path properly

If it is a very clean GOG or Steam install it requires modmerge before any mod can be installed correctly - including the EET(mod).

Modmerge did the trick.

So here's another summary for people who are looking for it.

1. Install BG:EE + SoD and BG2:EE

2. Install mods for BG:EE

3. Run modmerge in the BG:EE folder

4. Pre-Install EET (takes a while)

5. Patch and Install BG2:EE mods, use http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27741 to determine which needs to be patched.

6. Finalize EET

7. Play

8. Have fun !

Hope I didn't miss anything :)

P.S.: After running the modmerge, EET install automatically found my BG:EE folder

Should be

1. Install BG:EE + SoD and BG2:EE

2. Run modmerge in the BG:EE folder (if you have Gog or Steam version of game)

3. Install mods for BG:EE in BGEE folder

4. Pre-Install EET (takes a while) in BG2EE folder

5. Patch and Install BG2:EE mods, use http://gibberlings3....showtopic=27741 to determine which needs to be patched.

6. Finalize EET

7. Play

8. Have fun !

Is there a way to check which dialog.tlk I have ?

Read what the mod added items read in their item descriptions. If it's very wrong, you have the wrong one.

I'm not exactly sure which file you want me to check and compare.

I opened Dialog.tlk and saw the big block of text, but I can't find an itemdescription or something to compare it with, the only mod I installed was Unfinished Business for BG:EE

Archived