Photo

Oozemaster critical hit protection missing?

2 replies to this topic

#1 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 3009 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

Am I missing something or was this just not implemented? Description and code:

- From level 15, oozemasters become immune to blindness, sleep, paralysis, stunning and critical hits as they become one with the ooze and lack a discernable internal anatomy

divine_remix/setup-divine_remix.tp2:1874:     ~divine_remix/spl/a#ooze6.spl~ ~override~ //immune to blindness, sleep, paralysis, stunning and critical hits

but the spell only applies the other immunities. There is one more clab applied, but that's the documented -1 to cha.

I know pst has a crit-protection state, but I guess it's limited to that engine and this was just a false promise.

GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Looking for Planescape: Torment testers
Market android version IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE: reported bugs will be ignored! Still looking for builders ...

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6249 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

That's left from the old days, where people tried to do things that were kinda impossible. In EE games it's possible todays, but not in the non-EE's. Well, without the ToBEx.

And you can't actually protect yourself from critical hits, just the x2 bonus damage you suffer... where normally the head gear would be the only requirement.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 06 October 2017 - 01:27 PM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#3 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 3009 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:07 PM

afaik ToBEx only added two item bits for criticals, which is irrelevant for levelling purposes.

GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Looking for Planescape: Torment testers
Market android version IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE: reported bugs will be ignored! Still looking for builders ...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users