Mod Compatibility List for EET

I like that idea! Basically anybody can provide their own BWS-EET Template based on their own player experience and there is many modders and players that have already thoroughly tested this game! Is this correct if I'm understanding correctly? Actually I think I tried to throw that idea around back on SHS Forums, but I think no one really took me seriously on that idea few years ago. Not only will this save headaches of player disappointment by finding out their selection of mods broke their game at some point, but also relieve the stress of accidentally selecting bad mods.

If I'm not mistaken you experimented with a lot mods didn't you? I'm kind of curious to know what BWS selection you made since you managed to avoid most bugs.

The idea would indeed be to accompany EE-BWS with a repository (just a folder in the download) in which player's tested compilations can be stored and used by others. There should be a brief description of what game it is for and what are the player's preferences and then you just load it .

Example:

post-5210-0-78137400-1523519935_thumb.jpg

You can just export your own selection and then provide it for others to use.

Same way you can import other people's selections. Once imported, you can still do your own modifications on that selection if you dare.

As for pre-selections, there will be none, except those fixed for a given game (e.g. selecting EET will always fix EET-main and EET_end and some fixpack and weidu downloads required to run it).

PS

Here is one I currently use, but it may not be bug free since I use my games always to find and fix bugs in newer mods.

EET-Selection.ini

So wait, if I post a weidu.log file, someone could drop it into BWS and it would generate an install that follows my .log?

Yes.

Provided that all mods and components are still available. However, BWS will mark to the user those differences (e.g. mod component has changed). It should not be a problem even with an updated mod if component numbers (designated) are stable.

BWS will also mark mods that have been updated, i.e. version number in BWS is different from your (probably older) log.

Mind that a user can still change things after the log import, the import ini or log file is just the starting point (works like any of the oldBWS default selections).

Oh. Super cool! ;)

If you plan to share your compilations with others for use in BWS, I would recommend to rather use ini then weidu.log. Or to be precise, do the conversion of your weidu.log to a mycompilation.ini and then share the second one.

Reason is that BWS treats a weidu import as raw data (equal to a manual selection) and passes it through the conflict/dependencies processing again. So users may solve issues other way than you have foreseen and thus change your intent. The ini contains the additional information about this already (i.e. it is ready-to-use status) and a user can just import and install it directly as it is.

Another reason is that weidu.log doesn't have answers to READLN-based components, it can make lot of difference. Also without it, BWS installation will be paused in order to provide those answers.

Edited by ALIENQuake

If you plan to share your compilations with others for use in BWS, I would recommend to rather use ini then weidu.log. Or to be precise, do the conversion of your weidu.log to a mycompilation.ini and then share the second one.

Well, that's why I said:

It would be cool if there was a tool to parse weidu.log files to generate selection.ini files...

Are you sure Item Revisions is compatible with SoD?

If I'm not mistaken, the simple fact that the effects granted by potions are undispellable should be enough to break the AI....

For example, let's consider Potion of Fire/Cold/Electricity Resistance. The effects of these potions can only be removed by a Breach spell but all of them lack opcode #328 (param2 = 65, i.e.: BUFF_PRO_DAMAGE) ----> As far as I know, SoD AI relies on said spellstate for casting Breach.....

Edited by Luke