SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

That's a problem with the French patch, not SCS per se - the patch hasn't patched the LUA entries. You can probably work around it by making a copy of L_EN_US.LUA, calling it L_FR_FR.LUA, and dumping it into the override.

I did not install SCS v32 yet, but the French translation patch DOES COPY the attached file in override folder.

Edit : I found the culprit. It has nothing to do with L_fr_FR.LUA.

ERROR: No translation provided for @707
ERROR: [L_fr_fr.lua] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

French gameplay.tra file is not updated and the installer does not find needed strings:

EN :

@607 = ~No-melee mode activated~

@608 = ~No-melee mode deactivated~

@700= "No automatic healing"

@701="Use healing spells / goodberries"

@702="Use potions of healing"

@703="Use potions of extra-healing"

@704="Personal defensive spells"

@705="Group defensive spells"

@706="Minute meteors"

@707="Create items"

@710="The character will not automatically cast healing spells or use healing potions."

@711="Out of combat, the character will cast healing spells on injured party members (though not their highest-level spells), and will consume Goodberries if injured."

@712="Out of combat, the character will cast healing spells on injured party members (though not their highest-level spells), and will consume Goodberries and potions of healing if injured."

@713="Out of combat, the character will cast healing spells on injured party members (though not their highest-level spells), and will consume Goodberries and potions of healing or extra-healing if injured."

@714="Out of combat, the character will cast long-duration personal defensive spells if they have them. The spells used are Stoneskin, Iron Skins, and Armor."

@715="Out of combat, the character will cast long-duration defensive spells on the party if they have them. The spells used are Chaotic Commands, Death Ward, Protection from Magic Energy, and the paladin's Protection from Evil ability."

@716="Out of combat, the character will cast 'Melf's Minute Meteors' if they have it, and if they have no meteors."

@717="Out of combat, the character will automatically activate (some) magic items that have a long-term effect or that create magic ammunition or similar."

@724="Out of combat, the character will cast long-duration personal defensive spells if they have them. The spells used are Stoneskin, Iron Skins, Armor, and Mind Blank."

@734="Out of combat, the character will cast long-duration personal defensive spells if they have them. The spells used are Stoneskin, Iron Skins, Armor, Mind Blank, and Impervious Sanctity of Mind."

@750="STRATAGEMS EASE-OF-USE AI"

@751="This script has fairly minimal combat functions: it will attack in melee or at range, prioritising non-helpless opponents, not fighting if the character is turning undead, and not wasting Minute Meteors, Energy Blades or Invisibility. Out of combat, the character will use low-level healing resources if needed, will activate long-duration once-per-day items, and will cast long-duration defensive spells on the party. (These spells are cast at a highly accelerated rate, and will not be cast on characters who are already protected.)\n You can customise the character's action by adjusting the settings in the menu above."

@1301 = ~Your threat is illogical and ultimately pointless. Did you pay 15000 only to turn tail now? I doubt it very much.~

@1302 = ~[For non-substitutable languages: replace "15000" and "20000" in above string with "30000" and "40000"]~

FR:

@607 = ~Mode non-mêlée activé~

@608 = ~Mode non-mêlée désactivé~

@1301 = ~Votre menace n'a aucune base logique et se révèlera futile sur le long terme. Avez-vous vraiment payé 15 000 pièces d'or pour faire demi-tour maintenant ? J'en doute fort.~

@1302 = ~[For non-substitutable languages: replace "15000" and "20000" in above string with "30000" and "40000"]~

DrAzTiZ: copy gameplay.tra from lang/english to lang/french. The component should install fine.

But I am afraid it may occur with other components if their respective tra files have not been updated.

Edit 2: Don"t forget to modify the following line in stratagems.ini:

force_tra_rebuild=1 ;)

L_fr_FR.txt

Edited by Gwendolyne

...aaand that's what I get for trying to rush an update in a 2-minute window.

Should be okay now (and yes, it's just a matter of copying iwdspells_divine to the right folder).

Well shit. This time it's a different error. This one is more opaque to me, but it looks like a counter is going out of bounds in the hidespl.2da, in addition to being copied into override loaded into memory a few hundred times prior to the error. .DEBUG

[override/hidespl.2da] loaded, 7171 bytes
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Copied [book03.itm] to [override/dw#allsp.itm]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/stats.ids] loaded, 4606 bytes
ERROR: cannot convert ind or %ind% to an integer
ERROR: [stats.ids] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.
edit: totally understand if you can't get to it tonight, but if there's a file modification or two you'd like me to try, I've got a few more runs of this script left in me tonight.

Looks to be happening at stratagems/initial/initial.tpa, line 78:

END ELSE BEGIN

LAF ds_resolve_stat INT_VAR index=109 STR_VAR id=~WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT~ END // since we use this occasionally even in BG1 scripts, we need it in stats.ids

END

Best wild guess I have is that something went wrong with stats.ids file, that its entries can't be properly read (the ds_resolve_stat function assumes the rows in the file consist of integer (stat number) followed by string (stat name).

If you have some time for debugging, can you add this line

COPY_EXISTING + stats.ids debug_stats.ids

just before where it throws an error, like this:

END ELSE BEGIN
 COPY_EXISTING + stats.ids debug_stats.ids
            LAF ds_resolve_stat INT_VAR index=109 STR_VAR id=~WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT~ END // since we use this occasionally even in BG1 scripts, we need it in stats.ids

END

then run it again and upload somewhere the debug_stats.ids file it will create in the main game directory?

This won't solve the issue, but since neither David nor I have an idea what's happening, it may be a step towards discovering the cause.

Edited by Ardanis

I basically know what's going on, just need time to fix it.

If it helps, I've attached debug-stats.ids, which was generated per Ardanis's helpful instructions. Also, here's the good RC1 .DEBUG and the bad RC2 .DEBUG. A --change-log of stats.ids for the bad RC2 install contains:

Mods affecting STATS.IDS:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ 0 7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bardsv4.92
00001:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 1500 // Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Editionv32
00002:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 1510 // Include divine spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Editionv32
00003:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 5000 // Ease-of-use party AIv32

debug_stats.ids.txt

OK, should be sorted now - in any case, the version I've just uploaded installs cleanly on BG2EE.

As Cam once remarked, SCS's dependencies are subtle and quick to anger.

Excellent! It installed without any errors or warnings. Thanks for being so fast with the patches.

edit: fyi, dw#sfic1.spl and dw#sfic2.spl are still left in the root BG directory after installation.

Edited by agris

What does the new "test" component do? (1st in installation, b4 IWD spells)

Nothing. It's part of my internal developer environment that I forgot to comment out. Ignore it.

edit: fyi, dw#sfic1.spl and dw#sfic2.spl are still left in the root BG directory after installation.

Got it. That's harmless on a BG1EE install; on BG2EE it creates minor bugs in a couple of chain contingencies. Fixed, but I won't do another RC just yet.

In case anyone's curious what the actual RC2 problem was:

• SCS's CRE_set_proficiencies function adds proficiencies by name, so you can add PROFICIENCYTWOHANDEDSWORD without needing to look up its entry in stats.ids
  • Tweaks IWD proficiencies revamps the proficiency system, but it leaves the old names in there, as redundant stats.ids entries pointing to the new amalgamated proficiencies
  • So CRE_set_proficiencies should work fine with Tweaks, except that...
  • … there is a function in Detectable Spells that sorts stats.ids into order, and that function removes redundant entries.
  • I rewired Detectable Spells to use a general SCS sort-ids-file function that doesn't remove redundant entries...
  • .. but that function adds the standard header "IDS V1.0" to the top of the ids file it sorts...
  • … and a different Detectable Spells function expects all stats.ids entries to be of the form 'INTEGER TEXT', and chokes when it tries to parse IDS V1.0.
  • So fixing the problem involved rewiring the SCS sort-ids-file function so that it faithfully reproduces whatever is *actually* on the top line of the file it's sorting.

Never had issues installing SCS before but v32 gives me this error. Clean install of BGEE 2.5 from GOG.

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [sCRL7Z.itm] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
ERROR Installing [initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI com
ponents)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 2409 files for [sTRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 5900.
Uninstalled 2409 files for [sTRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 5900.
ERROR: Failure("resource [sCRL7Z.itm] not found for 'COPY'")

Never had issues installing SCS before but v32 gives me this error. Clean install of BGEE 2.5 from GOG.

[./chitin.key]
ERROR Installing [initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI com

Hmmm. I'm guessing you're on vanilla BG1EE, not Siege of Dragonspear? Looks like that item (which is a scroll of Conjure Earth Elemental) is present on SoD but not vanilla EE, and most of my testing is on SoD.

[./chitin.key]

Hmmm. I'm guessing you're on vanilla BG1EE, not Siege of Dragonspear? Looks like that item (which is a scroll of Conjure Earth Elemental) is present on SoD but not vanilla EE, and most of my testing is on SoD.

You are correct, I do not have SoD.

And: reproduced locally and fixed. Occurs only on non-SoD and only if IWD spells aren't selected.

If you want to hotfix it yourself pending a new RC, edit stratagems/spell/elemental_summoning.tpa in notepad or similar. At the end of the file you'll find

COPY_EXISTING "%scroll%.itm" override
           SAY 0x50 (AT strref)
        BUT_ONLY

Replace it with

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME "%scroll%.itm" BEGIN 
        COPY_EXISTING "%scroll%.itm" override
           SAY 0x50 (AT strref)
        BUT_ONLY
      END