WTP Familiars (revised Find Familiar spell)

Version 1.8 is now out.

• All familiars use now their innate abilities instantaneously
  • Introduced new Special Ability for Thief/Warrior class familiars: Empowerment
  • Introduced new Special Ability for Mage class familiars: Spell bounce
  • Wraith Form and Phasing abilities added to Spider
  • Warrior class familiars are now immune to Critical Hits
  • Fixed a bug with the Spider's poison resistance
  • Fixed minor incompatibility with Sword Coast Stratagems

Not trying to hijack, but for those like myself who dislike nagging and simiar features, I just pushed a new version of my tweak that (amongst other things) lets the player to have more control over familiars behaviour. It was designed with original familiars in mind, but also compatible with WTP ones.

Edited by qwerty1234567

WTP Familiars 2.0 is out!

It can be downloaded here.

I recommend anyone using this modification to upgrade to this version since there are major improvements over the last public release.

CHANGE LOG:

-Included missing Bard, Beast Master and Thief with UAI ability classes
-Fixed minor issue with party members using the Find Familiar scroll in the quick slot
-Fixed issue with Empowerment not switching on the fly when Reputation changes would affect it
-Fixed issue with Empowerment not correctingly updating the hit points gain/loss
-Fixed issue with Empowerment not removing old bonus before applying new ones
-Changed Empowerment's visual cue to something less intrusive
-Alleviated stuttering when Empowerment is being applied to or removed from Thief/Warrior class familiars
-Raised base thieving skills for cat, ferret and rabbit
-Changed Burrow ability: the familiar stays hidden until the master recalls him
-Paralyzed or Intoxicated should now no longer appear on Undead
-Mage class familiars now cast mirrored spells at the right level (thanks kjeron)
-Fixed bug with some thieving skill and poison resistance bonuses being erased when the familair moves to the backpack (thanks magus)
-Small cosmetic changes to the summoning/level up of the familiars
-The spider's poisonous/paralyzing attack now scales with the enchantement of the weapon
-The familiars no longer initiate any dialogue
-Fixed compatibility problems with Game Over only on Party Dead (requires version 1.7 or higher)
-Updated WeiDU to version 241

Edited by Salk

WTP Familiars 2.1 is out!

It can be downloaded here.

CHANGE LOG:

-The Burrow ability is now exclusive to the rabbit
-The Burrow ability is now restricted to Outdoor and Dungeon areas rather than just Outdoor
-The ferret gains more instances of its War Dance ability to compensate the loss of the Burrow ability
-A couple of text changes to provide basic information about the Dust Mephit's Glass Dust ability
-Fixed a typo in the WTFAMPx.d files
-Minor code changes

Here is the modified tp2: https://pastebin.com/DDSHSCB1

Things of note:

• IWDEE uses FamiliarSummoner token instead of Player1 for scripts and dialogs regarding the familiar; but BGEE, BG2EE and EET (and original games) use Player1 (despite also supporting FamiliarSummoner token). The owner of the familiar is saved in baldur.gam in the extended editions.
  • IWDEE version 1.4 does not have ring94 or ring99; it only has ring95. This will hopefully change when patch 2.5 comes along. For now, there is a block of code that handles this case by copying ring95; an alternative would be to ship copies of these files. This will have to be reviewed in the near future.
  • This tp2 claims IWDEE compatibility; but as I mentioned, IWDEE does not have OriginalClass trigger, hence some scripts don't compile. The tp2 will probably need to filter out IWDEE for an actual release until patch 2.5 is out.
  • The translation file needs to have its requirements string (@13) updated.
  • In the translation string @2, for "neutral good", there is a period instead of a comma after "rabbit".

I am starting an EET playthrough, and will report any issues I find with the mod.

Oh, right, for the advice lines; I didn't notice the issue because I never used them after the first time I ever played BG2.

Hm, those will definitely have to be rewritten for BGEE, EET and IWDEE, yes. From what I saw so far, EET uses BGxxxx for the BG1 areas, while keeping the xxxx code the same as in BG1. I also saw some BDxxxx areas (which I think are from SoD) and OHxxxx areas (Black Pits?). I am less sure how they handle chapters, though. I am curious now if they changed the area naming scheme for regular BGT as well, in which case all of that will need to be rewritten anyway.

A workaround for now would be to disable the advice dialog option in BGEE, EET and IWDEE; it will take some time to work through.