BG1/BGEE Items

Demivrgvs

I'll gather here all informations on BG1 and BGEE-only items. The plan is for V4 to be fully compatible with BGEE and thus I have to take into account all the items it introduced within BG1 (listed here).

I do need some help from BG1 and BGEE players to handle this whole thing. While we are at this, feel free to add feedback on BG1 items in general.

BG1 items

Is there something I should look into for BG1? Are there OP weapons (eg. is Varscona's power level too much?) or useless items?

Are there underrepresented item types? For example we have a unique buckler, two unique large shields, and no unique specimen of small or medium shield, do we need them?

Necklace of Missiles --> Amulet of Health
For the moment I couldn't find any better idea: but an amulet which increases max hp by 10 might not be so bad, especially for BG1, am I wrong? I just wanted this item to get a while equipped effect rather than behaving just like a Wand of Missiles/Fireballs. I also replaced v3's background with a new one (taken from NWN2).

BG2 items moved into BG1
For those who don't remember if/how IR handles these items, take a look at the Item Index. On a side note, I would have indeed preferred if they did more of this rather than adding even more new magical items in a game which already had too many of them.

"Common +1 weapons": Not sure how these are "allocated" though. I hope sooner or later Arda will update his wonderful work on stores and item-reallocation to fully cover BG1 too.

Elven Chainmail: kinda convenient imo, and very powerful for a F/M, but overall it should not be OP.

Karajah's Leather Armor +2: wasn't this already available with TotSC installed? o.O Anyway, this is a really great armor for BG1, almost too much, but it should be available very late thus it's ok imo.

Amulet of Spell Warding: Its 1/day Spell Deflection might be a high level spell for BG1, but balance-wise it should not be a problem. Overall the item should be fine.

Albruin +1: I guess immunity to poison is great within BG1. Probably fine.

Rashad's Talon +2: IR treated it as a unique scimitar, BGEE as a semi-eunique plain +2. Balance-wise it more or less have Varscona's "power level", which many players consider a bit too high in BG1, thus I hope it's not too easy to get.

Backbiter +3: I'm not sure how viable this spear can be within BG1. Its Vicious property is going to deplete wielder's low hp very fast...

Am I missing any? Did they restored the Root of the Problem somewhere?

BGEE new items
No offense, but they did a really terrible job on these imo. :( I do need more infos though (e.g. item's backgrounds), if not the files themselves.

Rugged leathers +2: a plain +2 with a move silently penalty? Am I missing something?

Magma bulwark +2 : just a lighter plate mail +2? Considering how powerful Ankheg Plate Mail is (too much?), and that it doesn't take much to get that, I don't see much point in this new armor as it is.

Buckley's Buckler: Seriously? Vanilla BG1 had a buckler with +1 DEX and they added a buckler with +1 CON? Lamest concept ever imo, and +CON opcode causes the "infinite healing issue" unless they fixed it (I bet they didn't).

Moonlight Walkers: LOL Instead of making the Monk class balanced for BG1 they added unique items to their own NPC to make him viable. I'd consider a pair of boots with +2 bonus to AC kinda OP (+1 is enough), especially for BG1, am I wrong?

Glimmering Bands: another convenient Rasaad-only item (aka "monk's thac0 suck, let's add +2 to hit bonus to our NPC). At least this one is more balanced.

Belt of Antipode: Without SR V4 new ice-based spells I guess this item is pretty much pointless. At least it's a fun concept.

Adoy's Belt: +5 to saves vs polymorph/pertification. I don't know what to say.

The Golden Axe +1: I don't understand...TotSC already had Bala's Axe, did they think adding an axe with 10% chance of casting dispel on target is such a great idea? :(

Beruel's Retort +1: IR already added a "common" +1 returning axe, thus I guess this is completely pointless in its current state.

Night Club +1: how did they implemented the whole "+2 at night" thing?! I'm really curious.

Might Oak: is this just a plain club +2?

Hammer of dawn +1: corret me if I'm wrong, but non-detection on a hammer have very little "sinergy" value. Who the hell is going to benefit from it? A cleric-thief who cannot backstab with it?

The Chelsey Crusher +2: "sets apr to 1, +4 dmg", mmm...I always believed setting attacks per round to 1 didn't really worked (aka +x bonus would still apply over it, and maybe even warrior's bonus too). I'll test it asap. On a side note, with IR installed we already had a unique halberd, Suryris's Blade +2.

The Thresher +2: is this just a plain flail +2? If yes, they could have just used blun13.

The Stupefier +1: wait a second, let me read this again "25% chance to stun target for 1d4 rounds no save"?!? This is utterly broken!!! With no save this item would be OP even for BG2!

Harrower +1: a plain +1 longsword which is +3 vs undead. Yeah, because Flame Tongue wasn't enough eh?

Rancor +1: I'd need to know the character more to judge it. At least they used a unique ability, afaik using one of the few unique BGEE-only opcodes (though they could have done it the way KR handles Barbarian's Cleave).

Neera's staff +1: not much to say, it fits the NPC I guess.

Sling of Unerring Accuracy: are you kidding me?!? I already made BG1 "unused" slng03 work like this ages ago!! :(

Wow, god bless Demi! :D

This is exactly what I've wanted to come true... Anyway, let me suggest something...

1. BG1 items

I've written down the list of BG1 items long times ago in Feedback thread. I just pick it up here while modifying a little.

Necklace of Missiles

This is a wand-like necklace. I think it would be better to be changed from current one to another one, which provides some equipped abilities such as an INT bonus and revises the casting ability from limited charge to x/day usage.

Heart of the Golem +2

This is a plain +2 dagger, it has an unique name though. A little equipped bonus, e.g., +1 CON bonus, would be welcome.

The Horn of Kazgaroth, The Claw of Kazgaroth

These are at least useful in some case, but I just personally don't like the options... Any good idea? Should these remain as these are?

Durlag's Goblet

As far as I know this is a something like a healing potion with some penalties. I feel that this item is something unique, so x/day usage would be better than limited charge imo.

Moonblade

Hmm... This is NPC's unique item... As you know, it has 1D8 damage and slashing damage type even though it is a dagger! Either the NPC should have F/M multi-class or this item should be revised by following the standard of Dagger.

2. BG2 items moved into BG1

I entirely agree with Demi's comments. About The Root of the Problem, yes, they restored it in BG:EE (I just checked it through EEKeeper though).

3. BGEE new items

Honestly, I don't like the BG:EE's new items at all... There is some redundant items, and even some items have unique names even though those are just plain + enchanted items... Anyway, I have no idea about these yet. If you needs, I can copy and paste the item descriptions.

Moonblade

Hmm... This is NPC's unique item... As you know, it has 1D8 damage and slashing damage type even though it is a dagger! Either the NPC should have F/M multi-class or this item should be revised by following the standard of Dagger.

Moonblades are supposed to be swords. This one is classified as a dagger just so Xan can wield it without penalties. To better represent its original intent, I'd say it should be changed to a long sword usable [only] by Xan and given an effect that grants proficiency in long swords.

BG1 items

Necklace of Missiles

This is a wand-like necklace. I think it would be better to be changed from current one to another one, which provides some equipped abilities such as an INT bonus and revises the casting ability from limited charge to x/day usage.

I agree on both, the addition of a small while equipped effect and the x/day usage part. I dont like the suggested INT bonus instead (too boring). Furthermore, the Fireball casting ability really don't fit the name.

Heart of the Golem +2

This is a plain +2 dagger, it has an unique name though. A little equipped bonus, e.g., +1 CON bonus, would be welcome.

I'm all for making it an unique weapon with unique properties, but +1 CON Bonus is highly exploitable and stat bonuses are generally very boring...

The Horn of Kazgaroth, The Claw of Kazgaroth

These are at least useful in some case, but I just personally don't like the options... Any good idea? Should these remain as these are?

Given the fact that they are apparently artifact-like items, both the horn and the claw deserve an overhaul imo, maybe with unique properties, but at least with an extended lore.

They are parts of an great evil summoned by Bhaal - 'nuff said. Sad but true, most people don't even know much about Kazgaroth or him being linked to Bhaal. He has a very nice background story of his own, linked with the Moonshaes. Imo they should even reappear in BG2 (the bg1->bg2 import system is just bad).

Durlag's Goblet

As far as I know this is a something like a healing potion with some penalties. I feel that this item is something unique, so x/day usage would be better than limited charge imo.

This item is used differntly in BG2 (Quallo's Blood).

Moonblade

Moonblades are supposed to be swords. This one is classified as a dagger just so Xan can wield it without penalties. To better represent its original intent, I'd say it should be changed to a long sword usable [only] by Xan and given an effect that grants proficiency in long swords.

I agree with Mike1072 here.

Hi Demi,

Hi Guys,

I've been lurking G3 forums for quite some time now, nothing to add by myself so far I'm afraid, but I'm following Item Revisions and Kit Revisions forums closely, waiting patiently to new/initial versions.

Since I had a pleasure to play and finish BGEE recently I thought I could help with background texts for all new items, which I fully agree are terrible. That's why Demi, I'll be eternally grateful for revised version of these :)

All right here it goes:

Rugged Leathers +2

Squeaky Leather Armor +2: Rugged Leathers

This rigid suit of leather armor squeaks like a new pair of shoes. What it lacks in stealth it makes up for in toughness, protecting its wearer against the most punishing blows.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:

• Move Silently: -15%

Armor Class: 6 (8 vs. piercing and missile)

Requires:

4 Strength

Weight: 5

The Magma Bulwark +2

Magma Bulwark

Forged by the fire giant Varboti as a gift for a Cormyrian general who made peace with his clan, this red-and-black armor lends its wearer a molten aspect while providing protection against all but the most powerful blows. Due to its incredibly strong but thin material, it also weighs far less than ordinary plate mail.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class: 1 (-2 vs. slashing)

Requires:

12 Strength

Weight: 20

Buckley's Buckler

Buckley's Buckler

A rectangle of mammoth hide forms this small shield. No amount of cleansing can dispel the pong of decay from this poorly tanned device, yet somehow the malodorous shield fortifies its wielder.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:

• Armor Class: +1
  • Constitution: +1
  • No protection against missile and piercing attacks

Weight: 2

Moonlight Walkers

Moonlight Walkers

These comfortable boots provide monks of the Sun Soul with exceptional arch support, allowing them to perform feats that would lead to crippling back pain in ordinary people.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:

• Armor Class: +2

Weight: 1

Glimmering Bands

Glimmering Bands

These polished bracers reflect harsh light into the eyes of the wearer's foes, distracting them from parrying incoming fists.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:

• THAC0: +2

Weight: 1

Belt of Antipode

Belt of Antipode

Trimmed in the fur of a polar bear, this sturdy belt is tooled with images of blue moons and white ice floes. The wearer is immune to all cold-based effects but suffers double any fire damage.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:

• Cold Resistance: +100%
  • Doubles all fire-based damage taken

Adoy's Belt

Adoy's Belt

This slender deer hide belt lined with rabbit fur grants its wearer resistance to polymorph effects: the perfect gift for Wild Mages or those who stand near them.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:

• Save vs. Petrification/Polymorph: +5

The Golden Axe +1

Golden Axe

To counter the spells of the hated drow, the gold dwarves developed the sturdy and relatively inexpensive battle axe imbued with rare alloys and enchantments allowing a keen strike to dispel a foe's magic. The twin axes of Clangeddin Silverbeard are stamped on the butt of each of these weapons.

STATISTICS:

Combat abilities:

• 10% chance of casting Dispel Magic on hit target

THAC0: +1

Damage: 1d8+1 (slashing)

Speed Factor: 7

Proficiency Type: Axe

Type: One-handed

Requires:

10 Strength

Weight: 7

Beruel's Retort +1

Beruel's Retort

The only thing dwarven warriors love more than a cool pint of ale is a short-hafted blade of cold steel. Perfect for penetrating the thick skulls of orcs, these axes serve equally well when thrown or held in one hand.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1d6+2

Damage type (melee): Slashing

Damage type (thrown): Missile

Speed Factor: 4

Proficiency Type: Axe

Requires:

4 Strength

Night Club +1

Night Club

This darkwood shaft surrounds a core of lead, giving it both stealth and heft. Its enchantment connects the club to the Shadow Weave, lending it greater power under cloak of night.

STATISTICS:

THAC0: +1, +2 at night

Damage: 1d6+1 (crushing)

Proficiency Type: Club

Requires:

5 Strength

Weight: 3

Mighty Oak +2

Mighty Oak

Fashioned from the hardest old oak from the High Forest, this gnarled cudgel can fell an adult grizzly when wielded by a skilled warrior.

STATISTICS:

THAC0: +2

Damage: 1d6+2 (crushing)

Proficiency Type: Club

Requires:

5 Strength

Weight: 3

Hammer of Dawn +1

Hammer of Dawn

Crafted from the scales and bones of a gold dragon servant of Lathander, this warhammer sometimes channels the power of the ancient wyrm's mighty wings.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:

• The wearer's non-detectable by magical means such as Detect Invisibility and Scrying

Damage: 1d4+2 (crushing)

Speed Factor: 3

Proficiency Type: War Hammer

Requires:

9 Strength

Weight: 6

The Chesley Crusher +2

Heavy Halberd: The Chesley Crusher

First wielded by the much-maligned Ensign Chesley of the first exploratory fleet of Waterdeep, this famous halberd has been passed around for generations, but only to those strong enough to carry its considerable weight. The iron haft of this heavy polearm makes the weapon slow and unwieldy, but its sheer mass smashes skulls and shatters limbs.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:

• Sets attacks per round to 1

Damage: 1d10+6 (piercing)

Speed Factor: 7

Proficiency Type: Halberd

Type: Two-handed

Requires:

13 Strength

Weight: 30

The Thresher +2

The Thresher

With one rod of steel and another of bronze, this double-headed flail metes out punishment right and left. The weapon's carved wooden haft depicts scenes of battle in which champions of Helm, each wielding an identical flail, wade through a field of orcs, threshing them like so much wheat.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1d6+3 (crushing)

Speed Factor: 6

Proficiency Type: Flail/Morning Star

Requires:

13 Strength

Weight: 13

The Stupefier +1

Mace of Stunning: The Stupefier

This mace isn't just sleek and elegant, it's stunning. With a shot to just the right spot, it can render a foe completely paralytic.

STATISTICS:

Combat abilities:

• 25% chance of stunning hit target for 1d4 rounds (no save)

Damage: 1d6+2 (crushing)

Proficiency Type: Mace

Requires:

10 Strength

Weight: 8

Harrower +1

Long Sword +1, +3 vs. undead: Harrower

This double-edged longsword gleams white even in the reddest of torchlight. The Dethek runes along its sides name the blade "Harrower," a weapon once wielded by Ariabel, a Waterdhavian Paladin of Lathander who once carried the weapon into combat against the vampire Zerafex and her host of unholy spawn. Ariabel did not survive the contest, but decades later a gang of Tethyrian tomb robbers recovered her sword from the crypt where she fell.

STATISTICS:

THAC0: +1, +3 vs. undead creatures

Damage: 1d8+1, +3 vs. undead creatures

Damage type: Slashing

Proficiency Type: Long Sword

Requires:

6 Strength

Weight: 4

Rancor +1

Dorn's sword: Rancor

This ebony two-handed sword is covered with inscriptions that you cannot decipher. It hums softly in the presence of Dorn Il-Khan. Individuals who are good of heart are overcome with feelings of guilt and anxiety when they hold this blade.

STATISTICS:

Combat Abilities:

• When Dorn holds this blade, any death that it causes has a chance to grant Dorn an increase of +1 to his to-hit rolls for 24 hours.

THAC0: +1, +2 if it has slain someone within the past 24 hours

Damage: 1d10+1 (slashing)

Speed Factor: 9

Proficiency Type: Two-handed Sword

Requires:

14 Strength

Weight: 12

Neera's Staff +1

Neera's Staff

This finely crafted and intricately engraved quarterstaff was "improved" upon by Neera herself. Her intent was to create a staff that would inflict fiery pain upon its victims, but she fell slightly short of that goal. While it can light enemies aflame, there is also the chance that the staff will backfire and incinerate its wielder.

STATISTICS

Combat Abilities:

• When the staff strikes a target, there is a 10% chance that either the target or the wielder will take 1 point of fire damage.

THAC0: +1 bonus

Damage: 1d6 (crushing)

Speed Factor: 3

Proficiency Type: Quarterstaff

Requires:

5 Strength

Weight: 4

Sling of Unerring Accuracy

Sling of Unerring Accuracy

Dandifox was one of the greatest heroes of the hin, the small people also known as halflings. From the concealment of forest arbors he would attack rich caravans for a "tithe" which he then distributed among the local poor. The heroic robber finally met his end on the point of a guardsman's spear, but not before the constabulary had learned to fear and hate his infallible aim.

STATISTICS:

Proficiency Type: Sling

Requires:

3 Strength

Weight: 0

My two cents about IR and Baldur's Gate 1 items:

General

There is no need for much work, according to me. Varscona is fine the way it is. And same goes for all the items mentioned in the BG2 Items moved into BG1 list. As underrepresented items go, I would welcome one new magic belt and one unique medium shield.The rest is fine as it is. There are a few exceptions to this and I list them here:

Durlag's Goblet

No change for me.

The Horn of Kazgaroth and the Claw of Kazgaroth

I like these two items the way they are now. They are very unique and there is no need to change them.

Heart of the Golem

Due to its name, I think it'd be right to have some equipped effect that has to do with golems' resistances. Perhaps 5% resistance to electricity and cold damage.

Necklace of Missiles

This is one of those items that I really did not like because it's a duplication of the Wand of Fireballs so it needs to be changed. It's the only necklace that is used as magical weapon so I guess we should preserve this and I think it'd be possible to keep the present lore as well. We'll obviously have to make it shoot missiles: it'd be nice to make an animation for it like SR does for flame arrows. In this case, instead of flame arrows, it might be 3 +2 bullets that are shot at enemies (consuming one charge every time)

Moonblade

As Mike suggests, the best action is to keep it the way it is and make it a special long sword (in every sense) only usable by Xan.

@Cahir5, thanks. :)

BG1 items

It doesn't seem like I have so much to do:

- make Necklace of Missiles a real equipment rather than a wand,

- it seems like Heart of the Golem actually isn't unique within BG1 (I see it as droppable by Hentold and Marek, sold by Thardek). Mmm...

- Kazgaroth's lore doesn't help me much, thus these items might not change much unless needed for balance purposes. On a side note, Kazgaroth was a gargantuan T-rex like creature, how the hell can a medium sized creature "wear" a giant beast claw as a ring?!? o.O

- I agree with Mike regarding Xan's Moonblade (what about Xan's mod adding multiple versions of this? Isn't such mod well done and popular?)

BGEE new items

Mike just sent me all the BGEE files this morning and I'm starting to work on them. I said they did a "terrible" job but I was wrong, it's worse than that! :D The backgrounds assigned to new items is beyond pathetic...1-2 uninspiring lines for each of them. Overall these new items are so bad that even simply removing most of them would be a huge improvement to the game imo. Sadness.

Underrepresented Items

As underrepresented items go, I would welcome one new magic belt and one unique medium shield.The rest is fine as it is.

I'd welcome those too. But I miss some more:

1) Katanas & Wakizashi's in general - very carefully spread. At least one unique Katana (+1).

2) One unique mace.

3) Spear +2 (late).

I agree with Mike regarding Xan's Moonblade (what about Xan's mod adding multiple versions of this? Isn't such mod well done and popular?)

Yes it is. Very well done. But the updates of the moonblade are seriously overpowered.

Demi, Arda tough I do think pretty much all new BGEE items are awfully made I hope You can salvage some of them and properly enhance them. I'd

Here are some random ideas, don't if any of it can be implemented but one can hope :p

Rancor +1

The whole additional THAC0 bonus doesn't have any sense IMO, cause Dorn pretty much all the time will be killing things and have this +1 bonus applied. Much easier would be just add constant +1 bonus but that will be simply boring.

Maybe instead of this give it some kind of evil aura that impedes -1 THAC0 penalty to all good-aligned creatures within 15 feet radius. It shouldn't be OP because you don't fight many good-aligned creatures after all.

If You'll consider it underpowered maybe leave constant +1 THAC0 bonus and add aura-like ability.

Night Club +1

Aww, I hate that name, it reminds me actual night club with girls performing striptease ;) Changing a name to something with Shadow Weave inclination will be preferable.

Ability of this item is weird and pointless IMO. Don't know how many players walking around at night much of the time, well I don't.

I wonder if it's doable but maybe instead add +2 bonus to save vs. spells that have something to do with shadows (is there a shadow descriptor using by spells?) and/or add +1 bonus to Caster Level when casting spell with shadow descriptor.

Adoy's Belt

Really awful item. I think the only hope to it is to add some ability that prevents bad polymorphic effects to occur when wild mage cast a spell. Is this even doable? Apart of that this item is hopeless to me.

Glimmering Bands & Moonlight Walkers

Pointless items which should be removed completely. Boring abilities and terrible description (or should I say no description)

The Magma Bulwark +2

Maybe add some kind of activated less powerful fire shield but I don't know if it will not be OP for BG1

Buckley's Buckler

No clue for this, +1 CON is far from unique and description says literally nothing about possible abilities.

Rugged Leathers +2

This sounds like a bad joke to me. Who wants to use it in BG1 with is penalty. Maybe rise it's enhancement to +3 to make it more (if any) desirable?

Hammer of Dawn +1

What on earth have the description to do with it's ability? Anyone see any connection?

The only thing it comes my mind is to give it wing buffet ability similar to those of a dragons. Maybe less powerful.

Mighty Oak +2

Maybe give it full-time or activated Power Attack ability, as per revised Berserker kit?

The Golden Axe +1

You can safely remove it due to presence of Bala's Axe.

Beruel's Retort

Just give it +1 THAC0 and damage bonus vs. orcs. Or something more unique vs. orcs, don't have any idea on my mind atm.

The Stupefier +1

Waay to powerful. I refused to use it on my BGEE playthrough because of that. Should be nerfed considerably (10% stun save for 1 round with save?)

Harrower +1

Thought of bonus vs. vampires instead, but then I realized there are no vampires in BG1 :p No idea atm but I put some more thought on it later.

Necklace of Missiles

I agree on both, the addition of a small while equipped effect and the x/day usage part. I dont like the suggested INT bonus instead (too boring). Furthermore, the Fireball casting ability really don't fit the name.

How about instead bringing it closer to its PnP counterpart?

Moreover, redundancy doesn't have to be a bad thing like some appear to think.

10th

Here are some random ideas, don't if any of it can be implemented but one can hope :p

I don't have EE, but my 2 cents:

Night Club +1

Don't know how many players walking around at night much of the time, well I don't.

I never travel at night.

Glimmering Bands & Moonlight Walkers

Pointless items which should be removed completely. Boring abilities and terrible description (or should I say no description)

Within KR's Monk, such equipment is OP. Moonlight walkers could use perhaps some Hide in Shodows bonus, but boots with such bonus exist already.

Glimmering bands +1 AC seems fine. Maybe apply a penalty to attack rolls, or only AC bonus vs missiles.

Buckley's Buckler

No clue for this, +1 CON is far from unique and description says literally nothing about possible abilities.

+ 10 HP. I don't know where this is in game,I don't have EE. If early, +5 HP seems fitting.

Rugged Leathers +2

This sounds like a bad joke to me. Who wants to use it in BG1 with is penalty. Maybe rise it's enhancement to +3 to make it more (if any) desirable?

It might indeed be a bad joke. Why is this in game anyway? Maybe, just maybe slight damage resistance.

Hammer of Dawn +1

What on earth have the description to do with it's ability? Anyone see any connection?

The only thing it comes my mind is to give it wing buffet ability similar to those of a dragons. Maybe less powerful.

This is hilarious:

Crafted from the scales and bones of a gold dragon servant of Lathander, this warhammer sometimes channels the power of the ancient wyrm's mighty wings.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:The wearer's non-detectable by magical means such as Detect Invisibility and Scrying

Wyrm's wings sometimes (but for this item, always) make you non-detectable!? Cool.

Anyways, some on-hit effect would fit I guess. Knockdown?

Mighty Oak +2

Maybe give it full-time or activated Power Attack ability, as per revised Berserker kit?

Power Attack in BG1 would be OP. It's a HLA. More damage, even a slight bonus to strenght would fit.

Beruel's Retort

Just give it +1 THAC0 and damage bonus vs. orcs. Or something more unique vs. orcs, don't have any idea on my mind atm.

Are there many orcs in EE?

The Stupefier +1

Waay to powerful. I refused to use it on my BGEE playthrough because of that. Should be nerfed considerably (10% stun save for 1 round with save?)

When I read about this on EE forums, in a debate about "the most powerful weapon", I tought this weapon should be renamed "Stupidifier". It just proves how rpgs get more and more easier and dumber. Make it cursed - each time you stun your target, you get stunned as well. Or it could decrease inteligence of wielder permanently when it's stun triggers.

Elven Chainmail: kinda convenient imo, and very powerful for a F/M, but overall it should not be OP, no?
Well to me, not really, and if you wish to go it that way, you could set them to be usable by elves only... while the enchanted version(possibly a +1 at say chapter 6-7) could be used by the other species.

Archived