Sensible entrance points, new for v12

As suggested over yonder on the EE forums, I've added a component to move some area entrance points around. Entering Beregost from the east will put you south of the Thunderhammer Smithy; moving north to the farm from the FAI will put you on the road, further west and closer to Ajantis; entering the zombie farm will put you on the southern edge of the map instead of dumped further north.

I'm open to further suggestions (including BG2).

It's not going to break anything, right? If so, maybe "forbidding" the party to appear on the eastern(southeastern?) edge of the Government District is maybe not a very bad idea - it's dreadfully far from, well, everything.

It's not going to break anything, right?

In general I try not to break things--it seems to make for better mods. Areas that have forced interactions won't be changed, i.e. Aegisfield in the Bridge District or Tiber in Cloakwood.

If so, maybe "forbidding" the party to appear on the eastern(southeastern?) edge of the Government District is maybe not a very bad idea - it's dreadfully far from, well, everything.

The Gov't district forces you into the NE entrance so you get the Amnish soldiers accosting you and so you're less likely to miss Viconia.

The Lighthouse and Shipwreck areas will no longer dump you on a map edge without an exit.

Also, I've flipped the NORH so that you use the main entrance instead of the horse stables and I'm considering including it. (Yes, dialogues and scripts are adjusted to the new coordinates.)

@ CamDawg - Wish I'd thought of this. Hope you don't mind my stealing it for BG1 Tweaks (with permission of course). The Lighthouse and Shipwreck areas are especially needful when entering them from the south (my normal path).

@ CamDawg - Wish I'd thought of this.

Yeah, I had the same thought when I saw it posted on the EE forums.

Hope you don't mind my stealing it for BG1 Tweaks (with permission of course). The Lighthouse and Shipwreck areas are especially needful when entering them from the south (my normal path).

Of course. In fact, I don't think you'll even have to change anything in the code--just set some variables and copy-and-paste.

The only one for BG2, and it's a big one, is the flipping of the NORH.
This looks really good. But it means adjusting all coordinates of spawned creatures etc. (Aomen's knighting, for example)?

Yeah, the coordinates of everything I could find in the area have flipped--Anomen and Keldorn leaving the party, Anomen's knighthood stuff, chapter 6 squire, etc.

This will be integrated where and when, and how would I detect it?
Well considering the name of this thread and the fact that the v12 is already published...

How to detect, well with the blurry clairvoyance I have, I can only give you this much... the x being the component number:

ACTION_IF (MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~bg2_tweaks/setup-bg2_tweaks.TP2~ ~x~) BEGIN
 // stuff that happens when component x of is installed
END
ELSE BEGIN
 // stuff that happens when component x of is NOT installed
END 

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

This will be integrated where and when, and how would I detect it? Because I would have to change Ajantis' coordinates, too, or he will wait in the prelate's office instead of the quarters. :)

Unless you plan on your Ajantis mod to be installed after the Tweakpack, it would have have to be the Tweakpack that detects your Ajantis mod.

The good news is that the component already flips everything in the area script. Anything that targets coordinates in the dialogue files--e.g. Keldorn has some EscapeAreaMove actions--I had to adjust manually. I'll take a look at Ajantis and see what we can hammer out.

Yes, RE Bjornin would have to be adjusted: his spawning (RE/Bjornin/C#AR0903.baf) is supposed to be in the meeting room with the long table (on the red carpet), and the cutscene (C#BJCUT1.baf) takes him and the PC to an empty mirror of the indoors NORH, and is supposed to take them into the little chamber that is the PC's if he joins the Order,I think, the one besides the quarters. For both locations, there is only little adjustment necessary, I think.

CamDawg - Ajantis is a mess. I have him go back to the order several times if he leaves the group under different conditions. I think it is better if I look myself, although I appreciate your offer. What information would you like to have? Do you want me to point out all the instances in the .d-files?

I let him do EscapeAreaMove("AR0903",1730,825,0) and EscapeAreaMove("AR0903",1730,400,0) - probably should adjust that to the same numbers. Is the Tweakpack supposed to go through the compiled c#ajanj.dlg, c#ajanp.dlg, c#ajan.dlg and replace it?

There are also two script additions to AR0903.bcs: c#ar0903_rom.baf and c#ar0903.baf, with cre spawning in them.

Edited by jastey