Photo

[released] Sir Ajantis for BGII mod

634 replies to this topic

#631 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7429 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

Version 15 is now ready for testing. I opened a new thread for it: http://gibberlings3....showtopic=29260

#632 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7429 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:39 AM

I am happy and proud to announce that the mod updates to v16, and has all content I will add to it (apart from maybe crossmod content).

Bug reports of course still very welcome.

Most important changes:

• EE:NPC-Ajantis content (Ajantis will not tolerate Dorn and Hexxat, and banters with Rasaad, Neera, and Baeloth)
  • EET compatibility with 'content-continuity', i.e. for BGT and EET, the Ajantis BGII mod will consider the outcome of the BG1NPC romance in a seamless fashion. The used creature file for Ajantis in BGII will be a new one, though.
  • Reworked PID system: This will hopefully increase playability and usefulness of the serious dialogues triggered via PID, which in former versions kind of get lost in the random flirting options.
    • All serious dialogues will be bundled in the option 'I would like to talk to you'.
    • This option only appears if there are active questions/topics present.
    • Ajantis gives a DisplayStringHead 'I am ready to answer new questions' if new PIDs options are available in the 'I would like to talk to you' section.
    • Any dialogue started via this option will cycle back to the 'I would like to talk to you' section, so all active questions can be asked in one go without having to activate the PID again and again (this might turn out to be a nuisance for instances later in game if there might be only one question active, though)
  • Reworked the starting quest to free Ajantis: After completing the quest the party will return to the area they started in (although not exactly the same spot, but reasonably placed)
  • Changes and Improvements to the Romance Path:
    • Reworked 'thinking' cycle after decision of his parents. In the old version, Ajantis would judge by reputation and number of what he thinks are bad decisions of the PC. In the new version, the player will have control over the future of the relationship. There is an internal counter regarding the PC's replies, though. Ajantis will judge her replies and offers to release her from her vows of marriage if the PC gives the impression to be unhappy about the situation.
    • Added the possibility to wait with the wedding until Imoen is freed. The possibility to postbone the wedding until after the Underdark was already implemented, but now the PC has the possibility to actively wish it that way.

For the EE games (BGII:EE and EET) the second optional component will install the BeamDog inventory BAM for Ajantis' family shield (green dragon on golden ground). If not installed, the BG1NPC Project shield graphic will be used.

A third optional component will install crossmod content included into this mod. Install this third component as late as possible in your install. If Crossmod Banter Pack gets updated, this component might move there.
It is recommended to install this component if you have the other mods installed, as it includes Ajantis' reaction to the (changed) game content.
Mods currently considered are:
-Alternatives
-Gavin BGII

Crossmod content of 'Skie Cost of one Soul' is included into both mods and will be installed intependently of install order.

You can get the Sir Ajantis BGII mod here:

Official Download Mirror at the Kerzenburg-Forum

#633 StefanO

StefanO
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:16 AM

I run into a strange communication loop with Ajantis. A communication window (see screenshot) pops up and up ad infinitum. I dön't know how to stop Ajantis talking.

Attached Thumbnails

• SirAjantis.jpeg

#634 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7429 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:55 AM

Hi StefanO, best you send me your safegame to jastey at web.de and tell me what game you are on and which version of Ajantis BGII. You are encountering the classic stutter bug, where the script tries to fire a dialogue repeatedly but no dialogue with the matching variable is present so it triggers the PID instead.

#635 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7429 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:46 AM

With StefanO's help the bug is fixed in the new version: the mod updates to v17. Thank you very much for the report!

Changes are:

-(crossmod) fixed stutter bug for crossmod with Alternatives Mod
-changed StartDialog("Player1",Player1) to StartDialogOverride("Player1",Player1) (probably didn't cause any bugs because "player1" is the supposed dialogue file for Player1, anyway)

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users