The Diviner that lost his Scroll Case...

frostysh

Something a very unhappy happens.

After the hard battle against the mighty a'cursed Kagnaxx I started to resolve the quest to save Imoen (that was so hard to collect that dozens and a dozens thousands of gold.. without stealing and killing an innocent NPC). And in the some tomb, I realized that my avatar (protagonist) have no his Scroll Case :O:cry: - THE SAME THING happened with my "Ring of Regeneration" , some time before the Scroll Case lost, I tried to find the ring, but without any success (I think the ring has been buried somewhere in the lair of Unseeing Eye...). THIS IS A CURSE! My protagonist is the cursed one!

The Scroll Case was filled off with a powerful protective scrolls (such as protections from undeads, acid, etc), LOT of a very useful spells (such as anti-magic, anti-invisibility, AoE , undead summoning etc) and the finally that was full of quest items such as "The Book of Kaza" (I do not know where I can put this book in but an obviously that is a quest item.).

I used "The Brick +2" against that stupid Kagnaxx, but I remembered that my Diviner was too far from it... And obviously he have not used any magic there... So I have doubts that the reason is a Wild Surge,

Is there any of GAMELOG or something where I can found the some notations about WHERE THE HELL IS my protagonist's Scroll Case?????

P.S. "The Brick +2" was a very useful against Kagnaxx - "Kagnaxx the Demilich: Soul Trap my protagonist"

"Kagnaxx the Demilich: Wild Surge - Blinded" Lol... Ahahahha. :D

Nope, but you can retrieve a new container with the exact content the old one had if you just use the Console to cheat it in.

So blast with it..

I just wonder if this game (BG) trying to make my playthrough harder as it can... ;/ . Anyway +2 lbs this is not so bad, because of 15 lbs weigh limit of my char prevents him even for wearing any of magic robes...

Sad that in this scroll was a quest items , especially as I remembered for the 'Skinner Murderer' quest, but I hope I have managed to Copy Note about that riddle. And sad that I need to return the party from clearing the vampiric tombs for a gathering some of protective scrolls and 'Freedoms'... because hell do not know what is waiting for the party little bit deeper inside that tombs, maybe an another crazy demilich .... Huh... That Scroll Case was the most powerful and the gold-costly item in the my protagonist inventory...

Anyway thanks for the answer.

In Near Infinity you can look at the save game files. Decompress the "sav" file of your latest save game. Then you will need to check every container in the Cult areas...

NI is freeware, for a copy see:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/nearinfinity/files/latest/download

To use:

Press Ctrl+O to open your BG2 game.

Press on the + sign next to Save, if it is a single-player game. (MPSave otherwise)

Find your last save game where you had all the gear.

Click on the Gam file, in the upper right you should see a list of your PCs.

Click on the name that corresponds to your protagonist.

Click on the Edit tab then at the very bottom View/Edit the CRE File.

Towards the end of the Cre file you will see a list of items.

For instructions on using the Console, download the IESDP archive.

Check the last save game where you have all that you lost, that will give you the correct container number. This should have the correct store number, where all your items still are. (Unless they were disintegrated.)

Using NI, a text editor and a spreadsheet it is easy to restore all items to an NPC who has lost them.

In Near Infinity you can look at the save game files. Decompress the "sav" file of your latest save game. Then you will need to check every container in the Cult areas...

{. . .}

Check the last save game where you have all that you lost, that will give you the correct container number. {. . .}

Wow. The cool feature, and maybe it helps. But in my case, some additional problem took their places.

1) For now I have no savegames where my diviner's inventory contain the scrolls case. As I said, I started to resolve the Imoen's quest. . . and that because I have made many overrides.

2) This is long and a very boring, and this is a just video-game. Now my protagonist have no the super-cool protection scrolls, and quest items, etc. Blast with it!

So anyway , I copied your recipe . Perhaps if I will lose something in future than I have a some solution, at least.

THANKS TO YOU.

You should save at least on a daily basis, use regular saves not Quick Save. That would prevent this sort of problem. If you make a new save every day you can go back and fix problems like this. You may make bad decisions and want to undo them...

Yeah, maybe you is right. I have only few save-files that has overwriting often. But if I would do as you say, my save-games folder will be a bloat and huge one after a some time, so damn with it. And obviously this is boring too :p . Anyway, in the 'asylum' my party lost the all of their items ... :(. So I even do not care about the Scroll Case no more :D .

Save folder is bloated but I don't mind that. Sounds like you need it urgently...

Lost all of their items, that makes the game unwinnable if they want to leave the place alive. Wild Surge perhaps?

I do not know what you talking about... Maybe because I have a low English skill proficiency :p.

Anywa' when your party goes into The Asylum (that is the place about a stupid bullshit (my pardon) tests, the riddles, etc..), they will lost the ALL of their items.

I occasionally have found this items for my party in the end of quest, after the party have made their way out from the Asylum, I turned them back, and gather the items inside 'the big boss apartments.

BUT SOME ITEMS HAS LOST PERMANENTLY - I have found none of them in the table. Which is: Gem of Seeing - and that was a pretty good item...

Also all my party items 'former' missiles reduced to 1 amount of... And my party Wands amount of charges increased to 100 or 50 - that is a weird.. Except Web Sack that is reduced to 1.

P.S. BG2:EE, difficulty - Insane, SCS (hardest settings), Tactics for EE (except "The Cult"), Unfinished Business (except the new kits, etc), Almateria's Restoration Project (except the new kits, etc).

"I do not know what you talking about... "
My comment "Save folder is bloated but I don't mind that. Sounds like you need it urgently..." was in reply to your comment
"But if I would do as you say, my save-games folder will be a bloat and huge one after a some time,"
My save folder has around 50 folders but that is okay with me. You seem to need more save games more than space on your PC.

In plain vanilla, standard, BG2 you won't lose all of your items. Your Mods however could alter that...

Reduced/lost charges in your wands could come from a feature of a mod or from certain creatures like Nishruu.

"I do not know what you talking about... "

My comment "Save folder is bloated but I don't mind that. Sounds like you need it urgently..." was in reply to your comment

"But if I would do as you say, my save-games folder will be a bloat and huge one after a some time,"

My save folder has around 50 folders but that is okay with me. You seem to need more save games more than space on your PC.

In plain vanilla, standard, BG2 you won't lose all of your items. Your Mods however could alter that...

Reduced/lost charges in your wands could come from a feature of a mod or from certain creatures like Nishruu.

Yeah, obviously I have too low amount of memory for the game-saves :(. If I will make too much of saves other program will stop their work because of low space for them :(.

I never played in standard 'vanilla', such as I have not played on the lower the 'Insane' difficulty setting (I need "Legacy of Bhaal", but stupid sux that I have not money for it..., and more then - my internet connection almost forbid me to download something that has a data value above 1-2 mb :cry:). but yeah with my mods that I have described, the party losing the all of their items once they trapped into The Asylum.

And I have found the reason WHY my party losing items - when your party member obtaining a new item, especially the quest one, from the NPC and his/her inventory is full, some items dropped to the ground :*( and I sometimes just not see it, and I left the dropped item into location... that , hmmmmmm I have no proper English word, usually probably happened with my Ring of Regeneration and my Scroll case,

But with gem of Seeing - this is a mod's bug...

Nishruu has no summoned against my party in any battles that they was. The Opponents only summoning a very powerful creatures like Murazele (did not remembered the name but it is looks like a huge monster under "Mirror Edge"), Fallen Planetar, Pit Fiend, Etterethy and so on, also they are very like to use something of like a dragon fire ability that can easily wiping out a half of the party and throwing "Comets" under "Time Stop" etc. :D . But not a weak Nishruu.

P.S. I almost forgot, my symphaty to bg series falling more drastically then I though, almost the any new location brings to me a new fairytale bullshit for aged, I do not know a proper word, not a kids and not a teenagers, and not an old ones peoples. Like a 'evil races', 'a good races', 'a saint nations', an anti-mason bullcrap, a secret symbols bla-bla-bla (i.e. The Asylum...,) , the medieval-like madness (like a Keldorn's quest), the religion like madness.

I think in the end of game, bg will be some-kind of a foolish nonsense of Dragonsage with 'anti-judes', 'indo-europian' shitty storyline, and so on... It is a pretty boring and sad :( . Perhaps I need buy "TES5: Skyrim" :D and do not hurt my brain with such nonsense...

Archived