IWDification Returns with a Shiny New Beta

4 replies to this topic

#1 CamDawg

CamDawg

Just a simple country Hyper-Chicken

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9367 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:28 PM

IWDification is a mod to bring some of the elements of Icewind Dale into the Baldur's Gate series of games. A lot of this project is based upon the work of the IWD-in-BG2 conversion project, which later formed the backbone of IWDEE. The mod adds various elements such as selectable bard songs, two-handed axes, and over 70 new spells into your BG2, Tutu, BGT, BGEE, or BG2EE game. Every component can be installed independently of one another.

Beta 4 is a major overhaul of the mod with a complete revamp of the new spells.

Beta 5 does the same for the bard songs and cleans up some other small bugs.

Beta 5 Changelog

• Polymorph Self always listed boring beetle as an available form, even when it wasn't
  • Bard Songs were updated to their IWDEE counterparts, and several bugs cleaned up
  • New arcane spell scrolls are now available in the Black Pits, Black Pits II, and Siege of Dragonspear areas, as appropriate (thanks AstroBryGuy)
  • Cleaned up the tra files, and wrote a tool to assist translators
  • An internal 'Testing' component was erroneously included in Beta 4 and has been removed

Beta 4 Changelog

• Completely rebuilt the spell components upon the work of IWDEE. As such, all spells work for the EE engine and were backported (again) to the vanilla engine, with a lot of bugfixes along the way. Several spells which were heretofore unavailable--such as Seven Eyes or Wall of Moonlight--now work for the EE engine.
  • Two-handed axes now use halberds for their description images
  • The icon for Battle Standard's ability is now properly transparent
  • Updated the code for Commoners Use Drab Colors to the more robust version from Tweaks Anthology

Edited by CamDawg, 10 January 2018 - 10:48 AM.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#2 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9367 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:29 PM

The changelog can not do justice to how much work went into this new version. There's still more to do, but it feels great to finally have a new version after four years.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#3 Angel

Angel
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:35 AM

Great, installing it on my brand new BG1EE and BG2EE installs now.  Really looking forward to using Seven-Eyes and Wall of Moonlight. ^^

#4 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 417 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:59 AM

That's fantastic news. I remember how great was "Seven-Eyes" spell and can't wait to see how it's gonna work again.

EDIT: I think that "Commoners Use Drab Colors" component should be removed/moved to Tweaks Anthology. Spell-related mods are no place for such tweaks and there is no point in maintaining two codebases for the same thing.

Edited by ALIENQuake, 09 January 2018 - 08:01 AM.

You cannot have progress without changes...

#5 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9367 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:48 AM

Beta 5 is up.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users