IEIE - NearInfinity alternative

Mortimer

Hi guys!

Just wanted to notice, that I code my project: Infinity Engine Incredible Editor (IEIE): https://github.com/IE-IE.

Not usable yet, but I'm working hard!

This is meant to be NearInfinity alternative.

Whole project is divided into three categories:

- server-side: libraries to work with Infinity Engine (handmade in Ruby) + api server in Ruby on Rails

- client-side: interface written in HTML/CSS/JS (using Vue.js)

- baldur's gate website theme, which is set of elements mimicking Baldur's Gate 1 (original) interface [it's used in client-side interface]

What's propably the most exciting is the fact, that it's meant to work with API. Therefore You can to not use default interface at all, and write your own just following the api convention. Everything works over HTTP, and I believe every language has HTTP library and some JSON interpreter.

Futhermore, HTML/CSS/JS default interface is easily customizable, and pretty. I create it using my own (and still under development) Baldur's Gate theme - which maybe isn't exactly the same as the original in the game, but quite close to it (mainly due to the texture I've created - it should be more rough, while mine is polished. But I'm not quiet sure how to achieved that - https://github.com/IE-IE/baldurs-gate-theme/blob/master/assets/images/texture.jpg

Well, no more to say, just: I'd be glad if You keep eye on it :-)

@lynx, what weidu has to do with my tool? I want to write everything from scratch. That's part of fun.

It's hobbistic project, some training, some fun, some usefulness. But I see bright future. You are not obligated to use it anyway, but maybe, some day, You will like it more than NI. Let's see :)

weidu is the standard way to mod, so apis like the mentioned would only help with building extra tools ... for completely new content only. If the results don't fit into the existing ecosystem, it will limit adoption.

I don't use NI at all. And while I don't see any benefits to your approach and find the general design a bit absurd, you're of course free to do whatever you want. It's your time, we're all different etc.

Archived