Future tweak ideas - post 'em here

Whats the advantage of doing this over just disabling the mechanical effects of the difficulty slider, either through the gameplay screen in EE or via ToBeX?

The creature damage... as in the normal game, the difficulty slider alters not just the general hardship of the opponents, and thei AI, but they also get a bonus damage for a reason explained in the slider.

Another IWD(EE) suggestion:

Add Joluv and Deidre (the bg2 bonus merchants) to Kuldahar / Lonelywood.

Also, options to un-gate Orrick’s inventory while optionally giving him more copies of spells would both be nice options to have. He only sells a single scroll of each spell.

Edited by agris

Creature damage is one of "the mechanical effects of the difficulty slider". You can turn it off.

In the original games, independently ? ... you might do that with ToBEx, but we are talking about a vanilla game. Not ToBEx with the_bigg_tweaks(or another mod, as if memory serves, ToBEx didn't feature this alone... without specific .ini option hidden inside the mod folder requiring modification before mod install). Which was later refined into a EE in game option... yes, we are talking about the double damage with criticals.

Also, options to un-gate Orrick’s inventory while optionally giving him more copies of spells would both be nice options to have. He only sells a single scroll of each spell.

One could do this to all the merchants, aka read the how many scrolls a store sells and set it to say 5. That should be enought to allow a memorization + few scroll usages. Couple that with the store prices not altering with the amount... seems good.

Creature damage is one of "the mechanical effects of the difficulty slider". You can turn it off.

In the original games, independently ? ... you might do that with ToBEx, but we are talking about a vanilla game. Not ToBEx with the_bigg_tweaks(or another mod, as if memory serves, ToBEx didn't feature this alone... without specific .ini option hidden inside the mod folder requiring modification before mod install). Which was later refined into a EE in game option... yes, we are talking about the double damage with criticals.

It's really trivial in ToBEx, but I take the point that if you're neither using ToBEx nor on EE, this serves a purpose.

Also, options to un-gate Orricks inventory while optionally giving him more copies of spells would both be nice options to have. He only sells a single scroll of each spell.

For IWDEE, the "House Rules" mod does both of these things already.

Although it is not primary aim of this mod I think it would be good idea to tweak some weapons the way p5tweaks change spears for example. I, for one never understood purpose of bastard swords and distinction between them and long swords. Former are 2.5 times heavier and much slower and all they got to their advantage are 1 more minimal damage!? I propose to change them to have 4d2 damage instead of previous 2d4, after all it is a broad sword, designed for heavy damage, trademark weapon of knights. Following this two handed swords should have 1d12 or even better 2d6 damage ( I think 2d5 can't be implemented ). Halberds should be able to switch to piercing/slashing damage in noEE games the way it was implemented in Enhanced games ( I believe IR implemented this at one point but it become deprecated when EE games showed up ). I especially hate fact that flails and maces have exactly the same type and base damage. There are absolutely no reasons to use flail EVER when compared to morning star and mace ( obviously this goes only for normal, non magic weapons of course ;) ). In this case maybe it wouldn't be bad to change it's base damage to 3d2+1 ( if possible ) because it is heaviest blunt weapon designed for brutal attack and massive damage in Middle ages.

Edited by Greenhorn

I don't know about you but personally I don't like the dark elf avatar. I mean the dark elf avatar of enemies or NPC.

So it would be nice to have a cosmetic component allowing to set a standard elf avatar (mage warrior or priest) instead of the dark elf avater .

Edited by DrAzTiK

So, after playing the Icewind Dale Mega Mod I think there are some good features in it that should be made available to other games (and to IWD without the rest of the mod).

Namely, the Sound Sets should be made available to vanilla IWD (and all it's versions) without the rest of the mod, as it's quite a nice feature and probably belongs in a "tweak pack", especially with better mod support etc

From the original mods page:

Sound sets have been restored to EVERYBODY

what this means is that EVERY SINGLE NPC in the game has a sound set now ( although I forgot to do the summons from spells, but to be honest they don't really need it anyway) this took a mammoth amount of time and effort to do and the reason why I did it, was to make the game feel more alive, and it actually does help a bit, instead of the dead cold silence everyone had before

Lastly, and this makes sense for all games, the mod prevents merchants from buying magic wands to stop the "sell wand, buy it back recharged" mechanic. I like this idea, but I don't like his approach.

The Tweak pack would be cool with some options for this, like

1. Merchants do not buy wands

2. Merchants will buy wands, but will not sell them back to you

3. Merchants will buy and sell wands, their charges will be retained (I don't know if this is even possible). Wand prices affected by number of charges.

With option 3, maybe a "I would like to recharge my magic items" dialogue option could appear at magic shops, which would cost (the cost of the wand / total number of charges) per charge to recharge (and we could specify how many wand charges we want). Most higher-level wands would not be rechargable.

This is to prevent the "buy back wands" exploit, since it was obviously not intended, and would potentially replace it with a more fair system where you pay per charge, and only from certain vendors, and only for certain wands that are obviously not really powerful and designed to be limited.

EDIT: Whoops! I didn't see the feature suggestions thread! I am happy to move this there if required!

Edited by Sarge945

Also, options to un-gate Orricks inventory while optionally giving him more copies of spells would both be nice options to have. He only sells a single scroll of each spell.

For IWDEE, the "House Rules" mod does both of these things already.

Cool, but they seem like sensible tweaks and IMO it makes more sense to fix stuff like this as part of the one pack rather than having to have a leaning tower of mods.

Also, would it be possible to update the text of the Human and other races where it says they can't multiclass but can dual class etc, if we have modified these?

Also also, should anyone but Dwarves have access to Dwarven Defender? Maybe it should be renamed to Steadfast Defender or something? I dunno it just....feels wrong.

Lastly, some feature suggestions:

Stuff I think would be important/useful to add:

1. Can you make invisible helmets work like the 2-handed axes etc. That is, "use" a helmet to convert it into an invisible helmet. I think some characters look good with helmets, other's dont, and this would let us mix-n-match.

2. Any way to port the Advanced AI Script from BG:EE to other games (like IWD:EE?)

3. Are there any remaining Kits that appear in one game but not another (Priest of Tempus comes to mind)? If so, maybe they could be made available?

4. A way to modify the amount of damage required before a chraacter gets chunked (so from -10 HP to -30 HP, for example) rather than disabling it completely

5. Add the IWDIfication mod as an optional component for all BG games, with it's now-unnecessary features removed.

6. Allow the IWD version of spells to be used in BG, and the BG version of spells to be used in IWD. In case someone prefers either.

Other stuff that would be cool but is a little bit silly or unimportant:

1. Is it possible to add a feature whereby a character will automatically equip any ammo item if they already have at least 1 of that ammo item equipped. So if my archer picks up arrows, he will automatically equip them because he already has arrows of that type equipped. Following on from this, an option to automatically add things like gems to a gem bag or ammo to an ammo bag, etc.

2. Any way we can use the awesome BG1 battle music in other games?

3. Add the Pack Mule Mod to the cheats section, updated to work with all games

Edited by Sarge945