BG1 CHARACTERS SOUND OVERWRITTEN TO BG2 SAME CHARACTERS

2 replies to this topic

#1 badstapp

badstapp
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:52 PM

GOOOOOOD NIGHT!

My install: I have BGTrilogy-WeiDU, BG2SOA, BG2TOB, BgSCS, Tweaks anthology, all unfinished business, quest pack, banter pack bg1 npc project
My install: http://gibberlings3....=29352&p=260221

I finished BGTrilogy, when i started BG2 SoA, minsc, jaheira are having the same speech as bg1...(it is...annoying and i did not want that)

Highlight:

1) playing bg1, when i tried to leave minsc he said a small speech from bg2 (ok go to copper coronet  huh.gif, and left forever) but i managed that recruiting dynaheir together with him
2) Imoen has ok speech from bg2
3) i just noticed that and stopped playing, but maybe edwin also

Can you guys give me a little help? Do i have to post some file from my installation?

Thanks!

(attached my weidu.log)

#2 ABlake

ABlake
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:53 PM

I might be wrong but this sounds like a feature of BGT. According to the BGT Readme:

Additionally, joinable non-player characters that appear in both Baldur's Gate and Shadows of Amn conditionally keep their attributes upon transition to Shadows of Amn depending on the fate that you left them in Baldur's Gate. Edwin, Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, and Viconia will keep their attributes and appearance from Baldur's Gate if they are alive and are in your party when you talk to Belt after the defeat of Sarevok.

Since the easiet way to give these guys the same stats and appearance is to actually move them from the final area of the first game into SoA, rather than replacing them with character files from the second game. As their character files come from the first game, it means their sound set will also be from the first game.

It's not too hard to fix this in your own game by modifying your save game using NearInfinity. Open up your main save with NearInfinity, then locate to the NPC character files and replace all their sound lines with those from the second game.

Edited by ABlake, 10 August 2018 - 10:57 PM.

#3 badstapp

badstapp
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted Today, 12:45 PM

I might be wrong but this sounds like a feature of BGT. According to the BGT Readme:

Additionally, joinable non-player characters that appear in both Baldur's Gate and Shadows of Amn conditionally keep their attributes upon transition to Shadows of Amn depending on the fate that you left them in Baldur's Gate. Edwin, Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, and Viconia will keep their attributes and appearance from Baldur's Gate if they are alive and are in your party when you talk to Belt after the defeat of Sarevok.

Since the easiet way to give these guys the same stats and appearance is to actually move them from the final area of the first game into SoA, rather than replacing them with character files from the second game. As their character files come from the first game, it means their sound set will also be from the first game.

It's not too hard to fix this in your own game by modifying your save game using NearInfinity. Open up your main save with NearInfinity, then locate to the NPC character files and replace all their sound lines with those from the second game.

Hi!

I think i will need more..to be honest i am beginner on editting anything

- I did not talk to Belt after the defeat of sarevok

- i did not installed the tweaks so the BG1 characters were gonna have same portraits or whatever other stuff on BG2

I openned NearInfinity:

he askes for a ".key file", what is it? I tried "Chitikin.key" because there was the only one...so he recognized the BGT (i think)

Ok then....i have no clue what to do, i don't know how to use that

- Could not find the JNPC soundset from BG1 or BG2 (google?)

- I don't know how if i find the soundset how to import/overwrite or so

- I have banter packs, and some romance add-on of BG2, if i overwrite the files, won't impact ?

- Also when i go to BG2 ToB, i will some issues also?

Can you please be more specific?  :thumbsup:

(picture attached file of the program)

Attached Thumbnails

• Capturar.JPG

Edited by badstapp, Today, 01:46 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users