Ajantis BGII: Problems and Bug Reports

jastey

I just downloaded the latest version, and it is not working properly for me.

Ajantis' name is being displayed thus: Yes, I know... It is just a contradiction in my eyes. A parent has obligations to his children. For a paladin, it must be all the more true.

His portrait and wedding ring item also seems to be missing.

All right. I installed the newest version to BG2: EE. I had a previous save, but I also started another to check. It won't even let me grab the broken engagement ring from the drawer in the dungeon. As for the log, I think this is it.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II: v16
~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install alternate class for Xan? -> Change Xan's class to Sorcerer: v16
~XANBG1VOICE/SETUP-XANBG1VOICE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Delete all other Xan audio lines, inlcuding banter and romance lines (recommended): v2
~XANBG1VOICE/SETUP-XANBG1VOICE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Original BG1 soundset for Xan BG2 NPC: v2
~SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Edwin Romance: v2.0.7
~SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Edwin flirts: v2.0.7
~SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #3 // New ending for Viconia Romance by Laufey: v2.0.7
~HAERDALISROMANCE/HAERDALISROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Haer'Dalis Romance (SoA & ToB): v2.2
~IMOENFRIENDSHIP/IMOENFRIENDSHIP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Imoen Friendship: 3.3
~MAZZY/SETUP-MAZZY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Mazzy Friendship: v3.2
~SAREVOKFRIENDSHIP/SAREVOKFRIENDSHIP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sarevok Friendship for BGII: ToB: 2.3
~SAREVOKROMANCE/SAREVOKROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aeryn's Sarevok Romance for BGII: Throne of Bhaal: 1.3
~VICONIA/SETUP-VICONIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Viconia Friendship: v4.3
~YOSHIMO/YOSHIMO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yoshimo Friendship Mod for BGII: SoA: 4.3
~YOSHIMOROMANCE/YOSHIMOROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yoshimo Romance and additional friendship talks for BG2 / BG2EE: 4.0
~BANTERPACK/SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn: v16
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Install Banter Accelerator? How much time would you like in between NPC banters in-game? -> 10 Minutes: V5.4
~BANTERPACK/SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal: v16
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA: V5.4
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB: V5.4
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Imoen "Retrospection" dialogue for BGII: ToB: V5.4
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wake-Up dialogue for Anomen Romance (By David Gaider with additions from Kulyok): V5.4
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // NPC Conflict Revisions: V5.4
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Aerie/Jaheira/Anomen interjection in Underdark: V5.4
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA: v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended): v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB: v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended): v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended): v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #7 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended): v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended): v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #11 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended): v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended): v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #15 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended): v1.04
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6
// Recently Uninstalled: ~AJANTISBG2/SETUP-AJANTISBG2.TP2~ #1 #0 // Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII: 17
// Recently Uninstalled: ~AJANTISBG2/SETUP-AJANTISBG2.TP2~ #1 #1 // Install the unique BG(II):EE BAM for Ajantis' Family Shield: 17
~AJANTISBG2/SETUP-AJANTISBG2.TP2~ #1 #0 // Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII: 17
~AJANTISBG2/SETUP-AJANTISBG2.TP2~ #1 #1 // Install the unique BG(II):EE BAM for Ajantis' Family Shield: 17
~AJANTISBG2/SETUP-AJANTISBG2.TP2~ #1 #2 // Install crossmod for Sir Ajantis for BGII: 17

The mixed-up name was because it was an older save, then. In a newly started game, his name should be Sir Ajantis. He has a PID option "your voice is strange" (or something similar). If you click on that his name should be set to Sir Ajantis in an older save, but if it's really a completely new install (i.e. a save from another modded game) then there are other text mixups (e.g. for items etc.) because that's how the IE engine deals with texts in the game.

For a new game, as soon as Imoen joins the PC she will initiate a dialogue where she starts talking about the old companions, inquiring about Ajantis. In this dialogue, the reply option "Ajantis is my betrothed" needs to be chosen. Then the engagement ring will be on the table in the room behind the Druegar smithy in AR0603.are (Irenicus' Dungeon second level). Imoen's romance choice dialogue does only show for a PC that fulfills the romance criteria:

-Female,
-Not a single-class thief
-Alignment good, neutral or lawful neutral
-Druids of all alignments
-All races except half-orc.

If all this doesn't work in your game although the mod is installed, PC fulfills criteria and you are starting a new game then I don't know what's going on. It works fine for me and all my playtesters.

Edited by jastey

Ajantis BGII was updated to v18. Changes are:

-changed trigger from "Detect(Player1)" to "InMyArea(Player1)" inside temple after Ajantis finished his atonement

-PIDs for engaged path should not give "No Valid Links or Replies" error even if they are cklicked before the "Are you still my love" first romance dialogue.

-new beginnings romance: messenger after the Undedark should leave after bringing the message

-New Beginnings Romance: if PID about "queen of love and beauty" was chosen, there will be a follow up after exiting the Underdark.

-(crossmod) "Skie Cost of one Girl's Soul" Ajantis should not talk about the costs before PC knows them.

-update to WeiDu v246

There are two new strings in the ajantis_nbromance.tra:

/* new for version 18 */
@245 = ~(You notice Ajantis working on some ribbons of his armor. Your gaze lasts long enough to notice that it is your ribbon he is fastening - the one you tied to his arm when you were talking about his queen of beauty.)~
@246 = ~My lady... Forgive me. I am still wearing your ribbon you so generously bestowed on me. It reminds me... (clears his throat). I will treasure it always, my lady. But for now, we have important things to do. We have to get your soul back, my lady, so you can be yourself again. Before that... before that happens, a knight should not ask you to be his queen of love and beauty, my lady. A true knight should not force such a decision upon you while you are not whole. Let... let us move on.~

Hello jastey! I met a small bug: (EET, mod version: v18,windows)

After entering hell, Ajantis will start a talk like "So these are the forsaken realms of Bhaal... A horrible place." . If I reply "Yes, I find it awful, too.", he will initiate the same talk again and again. It seems a SetGlobal action is missed for this reply.

Ajantis has lost the last of his remaining wits.  Poor fella.  He keeps repeating: What...  Who do my eyes see?  Douglas!  Are you looking for me, good man? Tell me quick!

BGEE ToB right after the final battle in the elves' grove (Wheels - I think is the mod for that?).  We've already handed the family shield back to his parents, and Douglas isn't really there.  Just Ajantis having flashbacks.

This is just before the big final battle and really don't want to have to try it with one man down.

Sorry - dropped the ball on coming back to check for replies.   Playing BGEE2 - character started out engage and is now married to Ajantis.  Which I think is bugged now that I think about it.  In the install it says something about adult content and there is none.  Well - one ... maybe ... sort of ... kinda ... could be construed as adult (bath time).  Kinda.   But he goes from sort of flipped out to completely flipped out over everything and the romance is pretty much out the window.  It showed promise until Bodhi got her hands on him then there was no consoling him.  I ended up really regretting that I tore him from his family just to put him through things he was completely unequipped to handle.  The chastity belt was funny, however.  I knew bringing paladins to the underdark was a bad idea.  I just knew it!

I had Wheels, Imoen 4 ever, Keldorn and CorthalaRomantique loaded as well.