Trying to replay BG 2

blinky501

hi, i am dusting off my old bg2 games and wanted to play them again. it seems like i have a copy of bg2 and throne of bhaal expansion, i also have a a three disc set called the original tirlogy. i am wondering which one of these i should install. i am really just trying to play bg2 and tob.

thanks

hi, i am dusting off my old bg2 games and wanted to play them again. it seems like i have a copy of bg2 and throne of bhaal expansion, i also have a a three disc set called the original tirlogy. i am wondering which one of these i should install. i am really just trying to play bg2 and tob.

thanks

The BG2/ToB of both games should be identical. However the one from Trilogy may be a newer release and thus already include the patch that was released for the original BG2/ToB (If what you have is really the old version of BG2 which requires a patch). Contentswise it is the same, if you want to skip BG1 anyway. (And if you want to spice it with some mods, it does not matter which one you use).

awesome thanks for the advice I am going to install the bg trilogy 3 disc set, because like you sad i believe it is the most recent and will have the latest patch. i have beat both bg and bg 2 numerous times and i completed a lot of mods 10 years ago. do you have any mod recommendatioins that you personally enjoy or tactical mods which make the game harder. also do you know where there is a mod install order or just a generic guided to downloaiding mods.

thanks

blin,y501

...also do you know where there is a mod install order or just a generic guided to downloaiding mods.

I'll take this.

Simple solution: The BWS. It's a tool that the community updates that allows you to install the most mods that are compatible with each others, aka it takes your game, downloads the mods to a separate folder, extracts them, and then installs them according to your choices.

You customize the setup so it's according to your wishes and so on... and it works with multiple versions of the games(BG2:ToB(BGT), BGEE, BG2EE, PST, IWD... ) and mod compositions. And it makes a backup of the primary game that takes 200Mb's, which you can revert back to in a 30 seconds, so any mods compositions install is easy to revert back from using the tool.

Yeah i remember that mod I'm not trying to do that much. I just got that itch while playing swofrd coast legends. I just install soa and rob and I wanted some mods that would just add more content. I'm going to do scs2 and then I'm not sure what else probably some npc. I always liked Kelsey and Angelo. If you havre any favorite mods please share i am also interested in new bg content.

Thanks

Yeah i remember that mod I'm not trying to do that much. I just got that itch while playing swofrd coast legends. I just install soa and rob and I wanted some mods that would just add more content. I'm going to do scs2 and then I'm not sure what else probably some npc. I always liked Kelsey and Angelo. If you havre any favorite mods please share i am also interested in new bg content.

Thanks

The BWS is perfect for any mod install scenario, because you CAN customize it all, you want to install a few mods, it will show you how, just select the language, the game type, in your case select the "BG2/BGT Customization" option and in that select the minimum compilation in the next window (which includes fixes for the mods you will install) and then further customize that by pressing the Choose Mods and Components and then carefully select the mods you wish to include, while reading short included descriptions they have. The careful selection is of course up to you as if you want to, you can install the 500+ mods, you can do that too in the same window... OR anything between. But it will then check the selection and report incompatibilities that you then resolve by removing mods that conflict if there's any. Aka this instruction is better visualized in the post that my signature link into (not my post) .

PS, the SCSII doesn't technically exist anymore as the SCS includes the SCSI and SCSII in it.

Im still having trouble with this. I downloaded and installed the latest patch for TOB and it is still running very slowly.

Should i install the trilogy set and see how that works? or should i just buy the enhanced edition on steam and play it that way?

sorry if this is really easy and i am just being stupid

thanks

You can increase FPS in baldur.ini. Also, try dropping all bags and containers and see if that improves your experience.

Yeah... but that could just worsens the problem, because the AI and the action is tied to the FPS count on the engine level. If it runs slowly, usually means that the character is not moving slowly, but the game itself is, and the response time. Of course I would suggest that blinky501 tests, the normal 30 that the games runs by default, and 40 or 60 that some people use...

Archived