Enhanced Edition Compatibility with L1NPCs

Avehn

... any reports on progress, even slightest?

I haven't heard whether CrevsDaak did anything with subcomponents, but I myself have been swamped as usual. This is high on my extracurricular priority list though, for what that's worth.

I stole this from another topic, but because it's related to this, and not the original topic, I place it here.

Eeeeh, my version barely installs, it is in my old computer's HDD (if it wasn't accidentally deleted in one or misplaced), and I haven't even finished adding all of the EE NPCs (I had added Neera and Dorn (both BG:EE and BG2:EE), and had started adding Rasaad), so I wouldn't say that it's actually there for anyone else to install... I'll look for it later and see if I can get some more work done (dude, 'cause I had even forgotten xD).

I wish you all the good things I have, so you get to retreave that data intact.

Can it be at least used to set say Aeries class in a BG2EE game ? If yes, that's half of the victory already there, as the original NPCs are far more important to most players than the BG2EE's EE NPCs. I don't have an EE installs on this computer so I unfortunatelly can't help you just now, but I am sure that if you take volunteers, there will be a list of BG1EE and BG2EE users lining up if you just say so.

Ouh, and so your job won't be finnished anytime soon, you'll also get the Baldur's Gate: Siege of the Dragonspear NPCs to include when that comes out, and then you get to deal with the EET NPCs too. :devil: Good luck, hopefully I didn't scare you away.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

:laugh:

"I'm really pissing my pants to play in a party of NPCs again rather than mutliplayer no-personality 6-man pack..."
You can mix multiplayer and Bioware NPCs. I just added two multiplayer Beamdog NPCs then started the game, I was able to add the three initial Bioware NPCs (Imoen, Jaheira and Minsc) with no problems.

It is possible to add the dialog and script of a Bioware NPC to an NPC that you created yourself. This requires Near Infinity.

Figuring out what a level 1 NPC has in the way of abilities, if he using an EE kit.
(1) Create your NPC in the usual way.
(2) Use the Console to create a level draining monster
(3) Let monster drain the NPC to only one level.

For information on the Console, see IESDP.
CreateCreature("<string>")
Creates the creature specified by <string>.

That NPC_EE looks interesting, I will provide a direct link...

https://github.com/subtledoctor/NPC_EE

For the multiplayer idea to work: your computer must be connected to the internet!
Here's a step by step guide to anyone who is not familiar with this approach:

Click Multiplayer
Click Create Game
(Create Game dialog screen)
Enter Session Name and Player Name
Click New Game
(Character Arbitration screen)
Click on Create Character button for each character that you want to create.
(Character Generation screen)
Click on Create button in the lower right of the screen.
(Character Arbitration screen)
When done, click on the tick button to the right of the character.
When you have created the desired number of NPCs, click on the Done button at the bottom of the screen. Game should now start normally.
Save the game and quit it.

You can copy your multiplayer save from the mpsave folder to the single player "save" folder. Then the game can be played as a single player game forevermore. In default Windows 10 you are looking at a path like:

C:\Users\[Your name]\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\save

You can create your own NPCs here, you are not limited to Beamdog characters.

Edited by Ishad Nha

Near Infinity looks for save files in your main BG2 directory.
In BGEE and BGEE2, if you have Windows 10 the save path for single games will be:
C:\Users\[Your Log-on Name]\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\save
(Multiplayer games folder will end with\mpsave)
To get EE save games to appear in Near Infinity, you will need to copy the save or mpsave folders to the main game directory. NI does not handle the Character part of an EE save game well, its analysis of the Gam file shows that all NPCs are clones of the protagonist!

Until an EE version of Level 1 NPCs appears, it may be necessary to use the Cre files to create NPCs with customized classes. A Chr file is simply a Cre file with an added header.

Edited by Ishad Nha

Near Infinity looks for save files in your main BG2 directory.

To get EE save games to appear in Near Infinity, you will need to ...

Just get a newer Near Infinity. Easy.

NI does not handle the Character part of an EE save game well, its analysis of the Gam file shows that all NPCs are clones of the protagonist!

This was fixed like ages ago.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

:) :)

That is much better than anything found on Pocket Plane Group or the NI Homepage that was listed there!
I tried Aerie as a Dragon Disciple, it seems to have worked properly.

This is the list of attributes that I believe necessary:
Name Aerie 8 h
Tooltip Aerie c h
Override script AERIE.BCS 248 h
Class script SHOUTINV.BCS 250 h
Default script AERIEX.BCS 268 h
Global identifier -1 27c h
Local identifier -1 27e h
Script name Aerie 280 h
Dialogue AERIE.DLG 2cc h

Biography and battle cries can be added to this list.
In Multiplayer mode I created a Dragon Disciple NPC. Then in Near Infinity I used the above list of attributes to alter the Chr file. List came from the Aerie6.cre file.
A Chr file is simply a Cre file with an added header, said header is the first 100 Bytes of a Chr file. Hence hex offsets for the above attributes in the Chr file will be higher by an amount of 100.

A Chr file is created when you Export a party member. In Windows 10, Exported PCs will appear here:
C:\Users\[Your Log-on Name]\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\characters
If you can't find this folder, Export a PC, it should then appear. You can't Export an official Bioware NPC?

Aerie will appear in the game as a Sorceror when I replace the relevant Aerie#.cre file with a file of my own. (I had to manually create my own Override folder for BG2EE.) I will need to figure out which cre file is being used, probably Aerie6.cre.

Files with unorthodox names in the characters folder may cause a crash when I try to create a character in multiplayer mode?!

Edited by Ishad Nha