50% more HP vs Tweakpack max HP

geg_Ma3gau

So there are two components which increase the HP of creatures:

The components which give the creatures +50% HP, like the smarter genies or fiends.

Then, the components which give the creatures max HP depending on their class and level from BG2 tweaks.

I install tweaks fix, then SCS. How do they work together?

Recommended install for most of SCS components is to install before BG2Tweaks. BG2Tweaks will then (probably) override SCS settings for mob HPs when applicable to the same creature.

Might want to ask over in the Tweaks forums in case they have a check for the HP related components of SCS

Install order is a nightmare.

Just FYI, bg2tweaks are installed after most scs components according to BWP, which seems to be a reference for install order.

I am aware that SCS readme says to install it almost last just before aTweaks.

Install order is a nightmare.

Or you cold just use the BWS and in the case you think something special, you can just pause the install and install a mod you wish to include and then unpause to finish the install. It's not like it's that hard...

Really? I never figured out how the pausing thing works. Also BWS is Windows-only, lots of people these days are playing EE, or GOG TOB in WINE, on Macs.

@aigleborne I don't know what Leonardo was thinking there... that is the one place I've seen where BWP is just flat-out wrong. You should install BG2tweaks just *before* SCS IMO.

Really? I never figured out how the pausing thing works. Also BWS is Windows-only, lots of people these days are playing EE, or GOG TOB in WINE, on Macs.

When the BWS installs stuff for you, just push the Pause -button and wait until it stops installing stuff... yeah, there's a bit of a delay, the delay is there so that the program can finish installing the currently installed components... If you would read the things around the user interface, I am pretty sure it would clear that right up for you, or here's a new thing, you could... try, ON PC. :p The BWS not being supported on the other platforms is not the only problem on the other platforms. The ToBEx support being one... which the SCS actually uses on the PC side.

The BWS not being supported on the other platforms is not the only problem on the other platforms. The ToBEx support being one... which the SCS actually uses on the PC side.

I have TobEx working perfectly on GOG BG2 in OS X. The TobEx console comes up in OS X just like on Windows, and all features/fixes seem to be working fine.

My big problem at the moment is that some NPC/Quest mods are not completely working... Sox is failing to work properly. (I should really go get a discussion going over at PocketPlane - if I could solve this issue I wouldn't need recourse to any kind of Windows at all! :)

I will make some researchs and tests about this. First, I'll post something on SHS forum.

In my case, I am heavily customizing BWP process with a complete update of individual.bat to clarifiy things (I am only using about half of mods with no mega mod).

With a lighter file, it will be easier to re-order mods but I should have a strong base.

Archived