Problem with Mod NPC after new update

Tatyan

Hello everyone!

I own BGII: EE and I have installed several mods, among witch Aran NPC mod. I was merrily going around until the automatic update. At that point, all mod NPC seemed to have problems, giving me only Invalid: [Number] answer when I tried to talk with them. Their name in the character review page was too changed in Invalid:[Number].

I uninstalled everything and re-installed and for a while it seemed to have worked, but now I am back at square 1.

Any suggestion? :S

Game updates can break the string references in your saved games if you have mods installed. If you've reinstalled the mods, the string references in newly created saves should be okay, but your old saves will still be messed up.

When you start a modded game, I recommend skipping installation of any game updates until you complete the game. Unfortunately, if you are running the game on Steam, it may not be possible to avoid automatic updates.

Game updates can break the string references in your saved games if you have mods installed. If you've reinstalled the mods, the string references in newly created saves should be okay, but your old saves will still be messed up.

When you start a modded game, I recommend skipping installation of any game updates until you complete the game. Unfortunately, if you are running the game on Steam, it may not be possible to avoid automatic updates.

Yeah I use steam. So, basically, I would have to re-play from the beginning?

Archived