Photo

Bug Thread

57 replies to this topic

#16 ithildurnew

ithildurnew
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

Mod has been updated, the link here should work.

Rather confusing; the link above apparently was updated January of 2015 and reports a version '2', but the updated version isn't reported in the main G3 website news, and the link provided in the main G3 page still links to a version 1. Would be helpful it this were clarified; maybe adding version number to the file name is a good idea as well.

Edited by ithildurnew, 05 March 2015 - 12:00 PM.

#17 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 773 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:15 PM

Hi, just completed the Unseeing Eye quest and brought Anomen back to the Helm Temple to pick up his Cleric Stronghold. Just spoken with Acolyte Byron, screen dimmed and we're waiting for the first person to come in to tell Ano his issues, but the game has stalled there. I can see movement, but my menus have disappeared, as has Anomen, and the person is a no show.

I've attached a screenshot of the stall and also my weidu log. I do have a few other mods installed.

I've just given the mod an uninstall/reinstall - but it didn't fix the stall.

Am enjoying the mod so far (have given Jan the Thief Stronghold).

What class is your PC?

My first thought is to try uninstalling the Multiple Strongholds mod component and see if that fixes it.

Mod has been updated, the link here should work.

Rather confusing; the link above apparently was updated January of 2015 and reports a version '2', but the updated version isn't reported in the main G3 website news, and the link provided in the main G3 page still links to a version 1. Would be helpful it this were clarified; maybe adding version number to the file name is a good idea as well.

Yes, it would be. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get in touch with a G3 admin; I have no direct power over website news or the main G3 page.

"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Miles Vorkosigan

"The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real."
--Aral Vorkosigan

#18 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:43 AM

@Kish Mike1072 was recently nominated as new G3 admin. Maybe he can help?

If you wanna make enemies try to change something...

BiG World Setup

Guide/FAQ | Download | Changelog | Twitter

Infinity Engine Game Launcher - tool for fixing *.ini files and registry entries for Infinity Engine games like BG, BG II, IWD, IWD II and Planescape:Torment

#19 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 5973 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:42 AM

@Kish Mike1072 was recently nominated as new G3 admin. Maybe he can help?

Actually if you go and look the download section or read one of the other threads, you can see that Mike already did the update to v2.

Speaking of bugs, the only thing that bug's me is that the .tp2 file is not in the mod folder, but it's set to be in the game folder.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 08 March 2015 - 05:37 AM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.

Here's how to install all the stable mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games.

#20 Icezera

Icezera
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:02 PM

Hi, thanks for the mod. So far, going so well. I've got the Thief, Ranger, and Fighter stronghold quests going on but for some reason, the druid grove is not detecting Jaheira nor Cernd.

Did I screw up somewhere or is there a bug?

#21 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 5973 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

Is your charname a druid ? :p He he... Do they pass the level 14 druid level check ? -just asking.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 05 April 2015 - 04:44 PM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.

Here's how to install all the stable mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games.

#22 Icezera

Icezera
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:48 AM

Is your charname a druid ? :p He he... Do they pass the level 14 druid level check ? -just asking.

He is not a druid. Everyone was level 15 or higher (as in multis were just past 15-Jaheira-and single/duals were past 15)

#23 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 773 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:49 AM

Did you have Jaheira or Cernd in your party when you did the quest to defeat Faldorn?

(If the answer is no, that's the problem. If the answer is yes, on the other hand:)

What mods do you have installed?

(Neither of the things Jarno asked about should matter.)

--Miles Vorkosigan

"The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real."
--Aral Vorkosigan

#24 garrett3000

garrett3000
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:23 AM

Hello there!

When I got to the Temple District I had Viconia with me and after the speech of the Unseeing Eye guy a priest of Talos approached me. Viconia won't take the quest from him, and now the Unseeing Eye Area in the sewers is blocked (theres still the question mark and no passage). Keldorn was there though, and I took him with me. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

Greetings

#25 garrett3000

garrett3000
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:54 AM

In the journal there's an entry that Viconia adamantly refuses to do the quest and there'll be no reward. Maybe another temple would be more likely to offer an reward. But if I take Aerie to the priests of Lathander or Helm they don't offer her the quest.

#26 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 773 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:42 AM

That sounds like a bug (you should be able to get into the area). I'll look into it. What other mods do you have installed?

Edited by Kish, 03 May 2015 - 07:43 AM.

--Miles Vorkosigan

--Aral Vorkosigan

#27 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 773 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:17 PM

Bug fixed. New Dropbox version at this link.

--Miles Vorkosigan

--Aral Vorkosigan

#28 Saber83

Saber83
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:47 AM

Hi
I have similar problem to capital mcmoo. I am running a BG2EE game with a fighter/thief main char. I have anomen in my party and do the un seeing eye quest. When i go to complete it i accept the stronghold. A lord byron speaks to my main char and then the game hangs. I don't have the multiple stronghols tweak installed and the new version doesn't seem to address the issue. I will do a clean install and see what happens.

#29 Saber83

Saber83
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:41 AM

Current version (v4) doesn't sort out this glitch.

#30 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 773 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:22 AM

Guessing you mean Acolyte Byron, not Lord Byron; I'll see if I can find anything in the code that would cause that, but whether a clean install fixes it or not, please let me know what mods you had installed when you first saw it. Did Byron say anything or did the game hang as soon as you went to talk to him? What was on your screen when the game hung?

Edited by Kish, 01 July 2015 - 10:26 AM.

--Miles Vorkosigan

--Aral Vorkosigan

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users