Photo

Bug Thread

57 replies to this topic

#46 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 773 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:50 PM

If you still have only G3 Fixes and Tweaks, I have no clue what could cause Igen and his entourage to show up in Athkatla.

"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Miles Vorkosigan

"The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real."
--Aral Vorkosigan

#47 ithildurnew

ithildurnew
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:00 PM

Valygar has Ranger stronghold.

Madulf isn't in the cave like he's supposed to, while Atta is, breaking the conversation involving Valygar, Madulf, and the boy.

ar1100.bcs shows:

IF
    Global("KishDelonSpawn","GLOBAL",3)
    !Dead("uhogre01")
    !Dead("uhboy01")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ActionOverride("uhboy01",MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[833.1226],5))
        ActionOverride("uhogre01",MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[711.1162],4))
        SetGlobal("KishDelonSpawn","GLOBAL",4)
END

atta.bcs shows

IF
    OR(2)
        Global("KishDelonSpawn","GLOBAL",4)
    !Dead("uhogre01")
    Global("MadulfLeft","GLOBAL",0)
    AreaCheck("AR1100")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[833.1226],5)
END

as well as

IF
    Global("OgronAttack","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("MadulfIsPresent","GLOBAL",1)
    AreaCheck("AR1100")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[833.1226],5)
END

Madulf.bcs shows

IF
    OR(2)
        Global("KishDelonSpawn","GLOBAL",4)
    Global("MadulfLeft","GLOBAL",0)
    AreaCheck("AR1100")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ChangeAIScript("",CLASS)
        MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[711.1162],4)
END

and

IF
    Global("OgronAttack","GLOBAL",1)
    AreaCheck("AR1100")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("MadulfIsPresent","GLOBAL",1)
        ChangeAIScript("",CLASS)
        MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[711.1162],4)
END

Also I'm seeing this bit in ar1100.bcs:

IF
    Global("KishDelonSpawn","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("KishDelonSpawn","GLOBAL",3)
        CreateCreature("rogron",[1854.1387],14)
        CreateCreature("RORCA01",[1758.1453],14) // Orc Archer
        CreateCreature("RORCA01",[1822.1481],14) // Orc Archer
        CreateCreature("RORCS01",[1750.1534],14) // Orog
        CreateCreature("RORCS01",[1663.1536],14) // Orog
        CreateCreature("RORCS01",[1613.1450],14) // Orog
END

There's no such cre file as rogron.cre; in a vanilla installation it's rorcl01; not sure if this might cause (related or unrelated) problems (in fact NI gives about 10 warnings about key names and resources not being found in ar1100.bcs, including not only rogron but uhogre01 and uhboy01)

Edited by ithildurnew, 24 February 2016 - 11:35 PM.

#48 ithildurnew

ithildurnew
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:52 PM

Seems as if changing the bit from ar1100.bcs:

IF
    !Dead("uhogre01")
    !Dead("uhboy01")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ActionOverride("uhboy01",MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[833.1226],5))
        ActionOverride("uhogre01",MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[711.1162],4))
END

to

IF
    !Dead("uhogre01")
    !Dead("uhboy01")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ActionOverride("atta",MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[833.1226],5))
        ActionOverride("madulf",MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[711.1162],4))
END

resolved this issue.

There's another line in ar1100.bcs apparently modified by NPC strongholds:

ActionOverride("RSPIRIT1",SetNumTimesTalkedTo(1))

given the above I'm concerned this line (or any others that use ActionOverride followed by the name of the cre file) might not function correctly for similar reasons; hopefully it's only when MoveBetweenAreas specifically is called for...

Edited by ithildurnew, 25 February 2016 - 12:13 AM.

#49 agb1

agb1
  • Modders
  • 410 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:52 AM

ActionOverride searches savegame ( for creatures that have been made "global" i.e. ActionOverride("minsc", MakeGlobal()) ) and the current area for creatures with a matching Script Name / Death Variable in the .cre file (string at offet 0x280) -- the .cre filename does not matter for ActionOverride.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#50 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 773 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:35 AM

Strange that it worked when I was testing it (though I really need to go over the ranger stronghold pretty thoroughly one of these days). Anyway, it's good that you found a way to fix it.

Edited by Kish, 29 February 2016 - 11:36 AM.

--Miles Vorkosigan

"The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real."
--Aral Vorkosigan

#51 ithildurnew

ithildurnew
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:37 AM

@agb1 So RSPIRIT/ Mairyn should be fine, even if atta and madulf do need to get tweaked? Or are you saying none of them should be impacted by the change I made? Because the change definitely worked in my install...

#52 Ereal

Ereal
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:05 AM

I don't know what may cause conflicts in my game if the only mods I have are G3 fixes and this one. Anyway, another couple of bugs which I may live with: the game crushes when I try to open Dock District map, always, so I just don't open it =) The game crushes when I enter the first floor of De Arnise Hold with Viconia in party. Temporary dismissing her solves the problem.

Now I've got a bug that really interferes the walkthrough. In druid grove quest Heeding the Spirit of the Groove with Jaheira, the approach to boy Loren in Trademeet causes Jaheira repeatedly try to initiate dialogue with me and fail. Talking to the boy works correctly, the Chaos creature appears and I kill it. After the battle the SPirit of the Groove should appear, but nothing happens. As the druid is not me, but Jaheira - I know about the spirit only by her words, so maybe there should be another dialogue she somehow can't initiate. Could you please advice something? Maybe there is a concole code for summoning grove spirit that may help to complete the quest?

#53 Ereal

Ereal
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:22 AM

Writing that post made me think a bit harder, so I tried to edit the value of KISHDRUIDQUEST2 from 2 to 3 and it helped! Jaheira initiated dialogue and the quest is completed.

Edited by Ereal, 07 March 2016 - 01:22 AM.

#54 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 773 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:24 PM

It sounds like your game code is corrupted in some way that may have been caused by installing this mod but isn't about anything this mod is designed to do, because the mod doesn't touch Viconia at the de'Arnise Keep. I would actually recommend you uninstall the entire game and reinstall it.

(Edited to add that I can, probably, place what might be causing the game to crash when you open the Docks District map: it's the bit of scripting that renames Mae'var's guild when he dies and a member of your party gets the guild, and there is no good reason for it to crash the game, nor even a bad reason that I can think of.)

Edited by Kish, 12 March 2016 - 12:32 PM.

--Miles Vorkosigan

--Aral Vorkosigan

#55 Greaseman

Greaseman
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:51 PM

Not sure if it's this mod causing it, but it seems likely. I'm going through the Bard's Stronghold owned by CHARNAME, and at the second event where Jenna and Iltheia are fighting Jenna just gives a line about how the play is going and it won't advance. If I talk to Higgins after that it goes into the post-play dialogue about keeping or selling the playhouse. Any console fixes maybe?

#56 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 773 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:42 PM

I see what's causing it. The new version of NPC Strongholds fixes this problem.

--Miles Vorkosigan

--Aral Vorkosigan

#57 Veradriel

Veradriel
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

Hi. I have been playing BB: EE with this mod and I have had problems with some dialogues in D'Arnise Keep. These texts are shown as " Invalid: 'Number' ". I have to say that I am playing with texts in Spanish, but I'm not sure if that is the problem, since I have some mods with texts in English and that work perfectly for me.

Could be that having texts in Spanish makes the mod not work well?
Thanks.

#58 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 773 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:57 AM

That shouldn't happen, but I need a lot more details. First, what other mods do you have installed? Second, which dialogues?

--Miles Vorkosigan

--Aral Vorkosigan

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users