Active Crossmod Author's Corner: Kivan

cmorgan

The Authorship stuff is always a PITA in this community, with a long history of oddities. But in general, I am using "authorized" to mean "the original author and I wrote up sketches and worked together", and "unauthorized" to cover "the original author did not participate". Many modders have said that they welcome additional crossmod content but are no longer in the community; others have said "no way I am not going to have anyone write lines for my NPC whether I am around or not". Bigger discussion at The Sensuous Permission-Free Crossmod Banter Author, By Mr. C .

To be completely honest, as I have said before in other posts, I'm with Nythrun on the silliness of "authorizing" and "unauthorizing" content built by unauthorized extrapolation of characters created for and registered to BioWare™. But I am not going to go out of my way and poke modders with definitive views that are different than my own, because (after all) hey, it's a game, and it isn't worth making someone all upset over writing a few lines of dialog. So, for instance, I know Theacefes is a person who prefers not to have other folks write lines for her character. I'll poke about and bug her, and with any luck we'll come up with some fun stuff, all "authorized", if she likes and has time. Why tick her off by writing stuff for Sarah? On the "unauthorized=not original modder" front, under my definition, Taisha and Kivan fall into the category even though each of their authors has given blanket permission for other folks to write banters for those characters. Domi has even worked up one - but the other, i went ahead and created something on my own that I thought she would like.

In this case, the whole discussion is moot, as I expect I can bribe/beg/plead with Domi to take a look and either say "sure" or give edits. So, Kivan SoA content. To be blunt, Kivan and Aran in ToB are not likely to have much to be chatting about; if something pops up, we can always add it.

Two banters in SoA

file: aranw_aware_kivan_SoAbanters.d

/* SoA Banters: Aran<>Kivan : Domi and cmorgan */
CHAIN IF ~Global("c-aran1kivan","GLOBAL",0)
InParty(Myself) !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
InParty("p#kivan") InMyArea("p#kivan") !StateCheck("p#kivan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0) !See([ENEMY])~
THEN C-ARANB c-aran1kivantalk
~[ARAN] Blighted elves.~
DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran1kivan","GLOBAL",1)~
== BP#KIV ~[KIVAN] What?!~
== C-ARANB ~[ARAN] It be bad enough you live for several lifetimes.~
== BP#KIV ~[KIVAN] I have lost the ability to see my long life as a blessing, human.~
== C-ARANB ~[ARAN] Aye, an' add all that broodin' angst...~
== BP#KIV ~[KIVAN] How--~
== C-ARANB ~[ARAN] Hells, there be no chance for us fireflies wi' our own womenfolk, eh?~
== BP#KIV ~[KIVAN] Who can understand those humans?~
== C-ARANB ~[ARAN] Corellon's Sword, give it a shot, eh, or you might catch yourself some rough explainin'.~
EXIT

/* SoA Banters: Aran<>Kivan : cmorgan (don't blame Domi if it sucks, and when she gets time she might fix it up  ) */
CHAIN IF ~Global("c-kivan1aran","GLOBAL",0)
InParty(Myself) !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0) !See([ENEMY])~
THEN BP#KIV c-kivan1arantalk
~[KIVAN] No, no... 'ah-MIN hi-RAE-tha'.~
DO ~SetGlobal("c-kivan1aran","GLOBAL",1)~
== C-ARANB ~[ARAN] 'ayahaMin hiRAYtah'.~
== BP#KIV ~[KIVAN] 'ah-MIN hi-RAE-tha'.~
== C-ARANB ~[ARAN] 'ayaha-MIN hi-RAYtah'.~
== BP#KIV ~[KIVAN] For the hundredth time, you must let the syllables sing. Gutteral harshness, amin uuma merna ta.~
== C-ARANB ~[ARAN] Blighted tongue. Serves me right for tryin' to speak a language what takes half a Xvim-kissed century to learn. It be a fair amount easier to write this than to speak it, eh?~
== BP#KIV ~[KIVAN] Perhaps in your case, that would be best.~
== C-ARANB ~[ARAN] Aye. What be th' chance I am actually goin' to say 'I'm sorry' in elven anyways, or any other language for that matter. Hey... how do you say 'take me to your bedchamber'?~
== BP#KIV ~[KIVAN] Shevarash, tua amin! Amin lava.~
EXIT

Installed and tested.

Archived