[ignore] GemRB port to Ipad

Guest vemikainen

Guest Petrell
Got GemRB working for Ipad.

Still there are couple of issues, but I think it is playable.

Well, looks interesting to say the least. Now make full let's play with it, preferably with sound! :laugh::laugh: . Doesn't iPad come with some sort of touch stick for precision and to avoid stain from greasy fingers? Anyway, great work. :blush:

Guest Guest_bsauvage_*
Got GemRB working for Ipad.

Still there are couple of issues, but I think it is playable.

Well, looks interesting to say the least. Now make full let's play with it, preferably with sound! :laugh::laugh: . Doesn't iPad come with some sort of touch stick for precision and to avoid stain from greasy fingers? Anyway, great work. :blush:

Very exciting! Can't wait for the release ...

Just saw GemRB being released for Pandora 3 days ago, surely the ipad version can't be far !!!!

All the best

Guest Guest_bsauvage_*
No news for a month... would love to help out! Do you need beta testers ?

Let me know!

2 months no news, is this dead?

That would be soooo sad ....!

Guest vemikainen

The port is not dead, I have got GemRB 0.6.2 working and tested BG1 with Widescreen mod. However it is pretty complex to install now, as well as requires enabling virtual memory for the device. I will try to release it out for testing, once i make things easier.

Guest Guest_bsauvage_*
The port is not dead, I have got GemRB 0.6.2 working and tested BG1 with Widescreen mod. However it is pretty complex to install now, as well as requires enabling virtual memory for the device. I will try to release it out for testing, once i make things easier.

Awesome news!

Good luck!

Guest Mike Lata

Do you think you'll try releasing it on the app sgore officially like they did wih idos or somehow getting apple to accept it or work wit you like they did wih the c64 emu?

GemRB implements a scripting language (actually two). It is also GPL. I doubt it is compatible with Apple's policies.

usage of a scripting language is ok with apple; execution of downloaded code is prohibited.

as for gpl - I dont think apple cares whether your app is open sourced or not

BG2 is aimed at intelligent people who can think critically with their head, unlike iOs devices. That seals the deal on whether spending time on that platform is a good idea.

what does device have to do with intelligence ??!

that is so stupid that it is actually hard to imagine to come up with something like that

BG2 is aimed at intelligent people who can think critically with their head, unlike iOs devices. That seals the deal on whether spending time on that platform is a good idea.

that is so stupid that it is actually hard to imagine to come up with something like that

Don't be too upset by the Bigg :) He doesn't even consider himself intelligent enough to work with GemRB :laugh:

See: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...mp;#entry175810

Don't be too upset by the Bigg :) He doesn't even consider himself intelligent enough to work with GemRB :p

See: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...mp;#entry175810

i dont fully understand details, but i think i see )

further ado to gpl & apple i forgot to mention: there are many open sourced applications on the app store right now and there were since the beginning - one of the first, for example, http://www.sunsetlakesoftware.com/molecules or wordpress management app

scripting languages were quite an issue because of flash, but apple came to senses from then; many games used and uses scripting languages internally just like gemrb

Archived