Time to start getting testers?

Right... So how exactly is this going to work? Is everybody just going to be given access to the forums? Will this coincide with the whenever release of alpha 4, or are you just going to let them putz around with alpha 3?

You'll need to nab at least one Mac tester, to test installation and especially the AR0512 TIS update. Drive them from their holes, if you have to...

The modders I want immediate access, as they can help right away. Testers to wait until the next release, at which point we'll probably spawn one more subforum here to keep this one from getting cluttered (even more). I've posted at the Spa & Grill for Mac folks... if we don't nab anyone, I think we could strongarm JPS, Loriel, or Scar into helping. Briannandoah is another OS X user, so she's another candidate.

And welcome our first sucke--err, volunteer to help, hlidskialf. :)

*Rubs the sore spot on the back of his head and wonders how the hell he got on this ship...*

Heya gang. I'll browse around here and see where things lie for done/undone. Unless someone can point me at a checklist? Also, should I bother downloading v3 for inspection or is there a v4 in the immediate future?

Loriel, or Scar
From what I understand, Loriel has more important things to take care of at the moment, and seeing Armin out and about is a rare occurance these days. So finding Mac WeiDUers to do some leg-work may be tough.

I can try shooting him an email if you like.
When alpha 4 is released, I think it would help. Basically, my only concern is the installation (it would be beneficial to get somebody with Mac OS X 10.2, as well, since it seems the OCaml runtime crash with COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP may still exist there), and finding somebody to verify that the AR0512.TIS update crashes the Mac version of Baldur's Gate II. The PC crew can probably handle the rest.

Anyway, ask Cam.

And welcome our first sucke--err, volunteer to help, hlidskialf. :)

*Rubs the sore spot on the back of his head and wonders how the hell he got on this ship...*

Heya gang. I'll browse around here and see where things lie for done/undone. Unless someone can point me at a checklist? Also, should I bother downloading v3 for inspection or is there a v4 in the immediate future?

Heya, hlid. Nice to have you around. :)

There's some pinned topic with the necessary info, I believe. :)

Allow me to suggest that you'd get the same response with that as with this.

That said, it's not like the "press release" was terribly helpful. I read Icelus' over at BioWare and, even though I know who posted it, it still brought up the same thoughts that most of these things do: "Who the fuck are you, and why do I have to PM you"? And where the hell am I supposed to PM you? And what the hell is PM? What about email? Why can't I just post a reply here? But I guess it was catering more to the modding elite, and not the average Joe.

So, yeah, there probably could have been more discussion before the flood-gates were opened. It wouldn't have made a bit of difference, though, as there's no water on the other side.

Then again, I've always been overly cynical. Cam has probably been barraged by an endless stream of PMs that he has yet to share. Ball-hog.

Archived