General Bugs Encountered in EET

Roxanne

Big problem with EET and Ascension in Final ToB battle.

After some hours of fighting my way through ToB final battle (ar6200) I finally found the reason why I cannot win + finish the game ever.

The Ascension version for EET has replaced the detection of defeat of the Five from (e.g Illasera but same applies for the others.)

Example from BGT

IF

Dead("finilla")

Global("IllaseraDead","AR6200",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("IllaseraDead","AR6200",1)

IncrementGlobal("FiveDead","AR6200",2)

END

This is what I have in EET

IF

StateCheck("finilla",STATE_SLEEPING | STATE_BERSERK | STATE_PANIC | STATE_STUNNED)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

END

It comes from baf code like this

IF

StateCheck("finilla",15) // finilla

THEN

RESPONSE #100

END

I have not seen such code ever before, seems to be new for BG2EE???

Anyway - it does not work. The death of none of the five is never detected. The whole script ar6200.bcs never is executed correctly (Mellisan never appears to join the fight - after I set all globals for her to appear she is undestructable - set globals again to correct that ---> a number of globals and locals for the final Solar talk are not set correctly....)

In short - it is a mess and not playable.

Any help for that?? Anyone else yet encountered the issue??

PS - I have Sarevok in party and I have convinced Balthasar to ally with me - but I think that is not related to those issues.

I will go and replace those code block by conventional ones and retry (may report about that later).

After I have changed all five code blocks for detection of having killed the Five summons to *old fashioned* IF Dead("finXXXX") everything in the final battle works fine.

FYI : Imoen was not in AR1512 (SpellHold where you are supposed to take her back and "play" with Bodhi).

I don't really care, as usual, I don't take here with me :devlook:

Compared to my playthrough with EET - I did not have the problem, correct Imoen creture was waiting for me with Bodhi.

Seems to be an indication again that the problem is not from EET but from a mod you have installed additionally.

I am not so sure this time... I had few problems like this (with few NPC) in one of my previous play and K4thos fixed them.

K4thos discovered that one can play a different kind of... style... :)

Is it when you never take Imoen in your party even in BG1?

The way NPCs are made continuous throughout EET may need to be different for Imoen than for any other NPC in the way you are separated at the Promenade and regain her in Spellhold. Most likely I did not encounter it since I had her all the time I could...

I had her few seconds in BG1 and few seconds in BG2... I think it's the only NPC that you can't avoid...

I was not able to find the script that is supposed to make her appear in AR1512, but it reminds me a bug where she stayed stuck in Irenicus Dungeon (at the very beginning...). Well... I don't know how to check this neither...

BTW : I could be wrong, it could be not related to EET :)

I had her few seconds in BG1 and few seconds in BG2... I think it's the only NPC that you can't avoid...

I was not able to find the script that is supposed to make her appear in AR1512, but it reminds me a bug where she stayed stuck in Irenicus Dungeon (at the very beginning...). Well... I don't know how to check this neither...

BTW : I could be wrong, it could be not related to EET :)

Question is, whether this is a bug in EET or rather consequential behaviour?? You did not have her in the party - she becomes a mere quest *object*. You go to Spellhold and get her out of Irenicus' clutches >>> quest solved. She was not a party member before and does not qualifiy for re-joining, the way EET makes NPCs continuous. (Those that die in BG1 are not reborn in BG2 just the same) Imoen is different as she appears at the beginning of BG2 although you kicked her out - but only because she is needed for the plot, not to join you afterwards.

Just an idea - not sure if it is intended that way. On the other hand, would it make sense to have her there for (not) joining you a third time after you rejected her already twice?

Fouinto, please upload your save at the end of Irenicus Dungeon if you still have it. If not than any save that is made before you entered area with Spellhold Imoen. I will also need following files present in your game:

- CUT01.BCS

- TELE0700.BCS

- AR0603.ARE

With this I should be able to investigate it properly. Thanks in advance.

Question is, whether this is a bug in EET or rather consequential behaviour??

not intentional. This is the code that moves her via CUT01.BCS:

ActionOverride("Imoen2",MoveGlobal("AR1512",Myself,[1857.1520]))
    ActionOverride("Imoen2",Face(SW))
    ActionOverride("Imoen2",ChangeAIScript("K#IMIMO2",OVERRIDE))

btw. moving NPCs before you enter the destination area will be probably changed in future. From what I see you can use DestroySelf() and later when you visit the area where the NPC should be found you can summon the reference via MoveGlobal (DestroySelf doesn't really remove global reference from the game, it is still there, just without current area entry). This should be more reliable than the current implementation.

Fouinto, please upload your save at the end of Irenicus Dungeon if you still have it. If not than any save that is made before you entered area with Spellhold Imoen. I will also need following files present in your game:

- CUT01.BCS

- TELE0700.BCS

- AR0603.ARE

I recovered my own encounters in the playthrough - and yes there was an issue with Cut01.bcs reported here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27767&page=6&do=findComment&comment=242413 - i.e. I had Imoen but she did not have the script assigned as in your excerpt above.

PS - just looking at those two issues related to Cut01 Imoen part, maybe this re-ordering of actions would improve it

ActionOverride("Imoen2",SetDialog(""))

ActionOverride("Imoen2",GivePartyAllEquipment()) // what about the special girdle she has during Irenicus dungeon - it is not removeable??

Wait(2)

ActionOverride("Imoen2",LeaveParty())

ActionOverride("Imoen2",MoveGlobal("AR1512",Myself,[1857.1520])) //personally I would even use MoveBetweenAreas here instead

ActionOverride("Imoen2",Face(SW)) // not sure this is even executed when she is gone from the area already

- CUT01.BCS

- TELE0700.BCS

- AR0603.ARE

I recovered my own encounters in the playthrough - and yes there was an issue with Cut01.bcs reported here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27767&page=6&do=findComment&comment=242413 - i.e. I had Imoen but she did not have the script assigned as in your excerpt above.

PS - just looking at those two issues related to Cut01 Imoen part, maybe this re-ordering of actions would improve it

ActionOverride("Imoen2",SetDialog(""))

ActionOverride("Imoen2",GivePartyAllEquipment()) // what about the special girdle she has during Irenicus dungeon - it is not removeable??

Wait(2)

ActionOverride("Imoen2",LeaveParty())

ActionOverride("Imoen2",MoveGlobal("AR1512",Myself,[1857.1520])) //personally I would even use MoveBetweenAreas here instead

ActionOverride("Imoen2",Face(SW)) // not sure this is even executed when she is gone from the area already

Suggest also to add

ActionOverride("Imoen2",DestroyItem("Imoenhp1"))

prior to GivePartyAllEquipment

- CUT01.BCS

- TELE0700.BCS

- AR0603.ARE

btw. moving NPCs before you enter the destination area will be probably changed in future. From what I see you can use DestroySelf() and later when you visit the area where the NPC should be found you can summon the reference via MoveGlobal (DestroySelf doesn't really remove global reference from the game, it is still there, just without current area entry). This should be more reliable than the current implementation.

Looking at the original report once again - it sounds like Imoen was not even in the party for Cut01 - if she was kicked out earlier in the dungeion already, the whole operation needs to be repeated in her parting dialogue as well???

Archived