Translators, please note

Hey, sorry for hijacking this thread, not sure about where to post.

I got a question about TICam.tra ; i've found a few stringrefs (@284, @285, @286 and @287) not linked to TICam.d

Can you tell me from wich .D these lines are ? Thanks.

Edited by Jazira

Yes, it depends whether in cutscenes the characters are supposed to "say" something, then it's done via DisplayStringHead (think BGII cutscenes with Imoen and Irenicus etc.).

Also, if a Mapnote is set via script for example you need a text line with the Mapnote name inside the script.

btw: I am working on v3.0 with some changes to c#eltan.tra. I will specify the changes when the new version is up or earlier if you want.

19 hours ago, jastey said:

Yes, it depends whether in cutscenes the characters are supposed to "say" something, then it's done via DisplayStringHead (think BGII cutscenes with Imoen and Irenicus etc.).

Also, if a Mapnote is set via script for example you need a text line with the Mapnote name inside the script.

btw: I am working on v3.0 with some changes to c#eltan.tra. I will specify the changes when the new version is up or earlier if you want.

Thanks for the explanation.

You can send to me, Graoumf or Le Marquis the updated c#eltan.tra when it's ready. ;)

Here is a list of changes for upcoming v3:

setup.tra:
@5, @83, @123 changed
@6, @7,@99172, @99173  removed
@99181 - @99186 new lines

c#eltan.tra
@74 changed (corrected)
@311 - @321 new lines

setup_game.tra
@10000 new line

necromancer.tra
@1, @18, @20, @51, @107, @109, @434 changed

new tra-file:
acordyr.tra (one line)

For 6.0, following changes. See also post below.

In messenger2.tra there was an additional line that slipped my notice:

@256  = ~... little lights... in... the dark...~ ~... watch... them... burn...~

This will be changed into two lines for v5.1:

@256  = ~... little lights... in... the dark...~

@304  = ~... watch... them... burn...~

And the following additional lines (from T1M2HALF.baf):

@305  = ~'Rain nor snow nor gloom of night' my taut and shapely buttocks...~
@306  = ~(wheeze) Can anybody hear me?~
@307  = ~Feet don't fail me now - do I still have feet?  All kinda numb down there...~
@308  = ~I'd rather be fishing. (cough)~
@309  = ~Ow.~

More changes for v6.0:

new lines in necromancer.tra:

Spoiler

/* new for v6.0 */
@441  = ~As much I understand your desperation, are you sure you are doing this for her?~
@442  = ~I... I... don't know...~
@443  = ~Well... We could ask herself directly. I know a trick or two about summoning spirits.~
@444  = ~What does your heart tell you? You knew her better than anyone.~
@445  = ~We never spoke about it. I was so sure... so *sure* that I would be able to heal her. I wasn't a necromancer then...~
@446  = ~If I imagine her before me - in all her beauty and wisdom, her great heart and her kindness... She would call me a fool... But...~
@447  = ~Ask her?... You mean - *her*, my Beth, really talk to her, after all these years... To hear her voice, one more time... And what would she see here, she would see this tomb, she would see how old I grew, she would see...~
@448  = ~There is no need for you to summon her spirit. If I imagine her before me - in all her beauty and wisdom, her great heart and her kindness... She would call me a fool! How could I be so blind.~
@449  = ~Promised her what? To raise her with dark magic no matter the cost? What you said didn't sound like it.~
@450  = ~This is not what you promised her, and I am sure it's not what she would want for you. Be honest with yourself.~
@451  = ~Did you never talk about this topic with her?~

Also, changed description of component "Minor Disclosures" in the readme (changes are in bold):

Spoiler

43.  Minor Disclosures, by jastey
------------------------------------------------------------------
Type: Series of encounters
Availability: Elfsong Tavern, 2nd floor, in the small room in the northwest corner
Rating: teen content, with slightly suggestive language.
PC restrictions: none
Variables: "C#LCINT_Spawn" is incremented along the encounters.

Elfong Tavern has a neat little room for private encounters but it's difficult to have private meetings when there is no door that can be locked... So, it's not the PC's fault if s/he interrupts a flirtatious dinner by walking into it once or twice, or thrice... is it?

Note: There are 7 encounters in total. To see the next one, just leave the second floor of the Elfsong Tavern once and return. The last encounter does not happen before chapter 6.

New lines for v7 in "c#eltan.tra":

/* new for v7.0 */
//@127 with Duke Eltan
@326  = ~I won't do anything! You will go to Duke Eltan in the Palace and tell him about it. This was Duke Eltan's best man, the Second in Command! You don't want to let his body be lost in some crate, do you?!~
//@133 with Duke Eltan
@327  = ~Listen, you go now, alright? Sorry to sound heartless, but this night really scared me. Whoever got Scar killed, I am sure he'd have no problem in killing two more witnesses. I promise we will tell Duke Eltan as soon as you go.~

On 1/20/2021 at 9:48 PM, jastey said:

New lines for v7 in "c#eltan.tra":

Noted, thanks.

While I was checking the new changes from v6-v7 I realized a lot (10) of French TRA files were still encoded in UTF-8.

It is now fixed, so I made a PR on github. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I also proofreaded 3 files of mine, fixing a few typos.

https://github.com/Gibberlings3/BG1_Romantic_Encounters/pull/6

No new content on this PR, but the work on the remaining files to be translated is advancing at a very fast pace. ;)

In v7, there will be new lines in c#_thalantyr.tra:

Spoiler

/* new for v7 */
@421  = ~Yes, I can imagine. They even threw him into the cold river only recently.~
@422  = ~I hope that won't happen again. He found a place where he can stay and is respected, I think. At least for a while.~

There is also a new string in setup.tra:

@99187  = ~This mod needs to be installed before EET_End on your EET install.~

I have a question about this file.

Why @6, @7 and @99172+99173 are commented while @8-10 and @99174+99175 are called?