The Solemn Vow...

Domi

Guest Guest person-people

I agree with TheBalor, you shouldn't stop the Shar-Teel romance, it would be an ideal one for masochists :) . But I really think you guys have made Baldur's Gate 1 an asowme trip

a "please don't kill me" question:

will this mod be compatible with any multiple romance mods (I now there aren't any for BGI as there are no romances there yet, but anyway)?

You see some of us are really short with time, but very curious anyway :)

a "please don't kill  me" question:

will this mod be compatible with any multiple romance mods (I now there aren't any for BGI as there are no romances there yet, but anyway)?

You see some of us are really short with time, but very curious anyway  :)

well, we are building in the appropriate conflicts into the romances, and using multiple non-traditional variables to govern the romances. So the curious ones will have to do some extra modding to build a multiple-romance patch for BG1NPC :)

Just a quick "if you go ahead with BGII" sort of idea.

Maybe it'd be possible to borrow an idea from ToB and drag a limited number of NPC's from a list. I know it'd be complicated, and would require some explaning as to just how the selected NPC found out where you are and escaped. But for all I know of modding that's about the best solution I can think of, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

At present we have no 'go ahead with BGII' plans. Separate team members work on BG1NPCs for BG2 (Jastey and Seifer do 2 separate mods involving Ajantis (Nocturnal Supremacy and Jastey's Ajantis Romanbce for BG2), Nightmare, Domi and Hendryk are doing separate mods involving Kivan (Lands of Intrigue and Kivan of Shilmista)) but there is no single structured project that does a carry-over of all BG1NPCs into BG2.

there is no single structured project that does a carry-over of all BG1NPCs into BG2.

There should be though; at least a bridge-type utility to put each player's actual tutu party into Chateau Irenicus. No need to go further than that. It would be up to individual modders to supply SoA dialogue and quests, rectify cameos, etc. Just a basis that would let each game of SoA start where BG1 left off.

It almost makes me wish that I knew how to code.

Here is what Sim said on BW seemingly on behalf of TUTU team (he is comparing TUTU to BGT) :

FROM: http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=585 (boldening is mine)

It was a conscious decision while developing BG1Tutu that it should not allow players to continue on into BG2 after defeating Sarevok. The team didn't feel that creating an acceptable transition would be a light or desirable undertaking, and I don't believe BGT achieves this either.

If a statement such as this comes from guys like Japeth, Ghrey, Sim, Andy and Kish... well, I am strongly inclined to believe that it is not 'light'. And guys, we have set out to do dialogues... namely what? 2 banters + 5 with PC was Blucher's original plan? Well, let us do that and do it smashingly well :)

Yeah, I didn't say it would be an "acceptible" transition for actually playing SoA. Who wants to play with a bunch of BG1 mutes, which is what most of them would be? Just a starting point, is all, that bears some relation to what actually happened in tutu. Heck, even Imoen, Jaheira and Minsc don't start with experience that they are likely to have ended BG1 with. In Imoen's case, not even the class, maybe. And for other NPCs, a modder now has to provide one more stupid "coincidence" to get them into the game at all.

As I said, not a whole mod involving the entire BG1 cast. That would be way beyond any one person's scope (how many people have worked how many years on BG1NPC?). Just an accurate import utility as a public service for anyone who would like to start one NPC mod from there - with the NPC who actually finished BG1.

That would be way beyond any one person's scope (how many people have worked how many years on BG1NPC?).

Over 60 people for over 2 years. I searched what we have left, and the earliest Blucher's post I could find was January 2003. I think he started the mod sometime in December 2002, with intention to finish writing by May 2003... :)

The idea had been discussed before, but Shar-Teel being a lesbian because she despises males was found too cliche by both character czars, so the relationship was developped for a male character. It is not at all uncommon for a person to consider the opposite gender as lowly but engage into multiple liasons.

Archived