[Not an issue] Graphical glitches

amnasty

Hi G3, new member and new player to Baldur's Gate saga too!

First installation details:-

Win XP SP3

Intel i5 3.20 GHz with onboard graphics.

BG2 SOA-TOB installed GOG Version with following modifications:

1. BG2Fixpack - Core Fixes + Game Text Update, Optional But Cool: Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day, Giants Receive Penalties

2. BG2Tweakpack - Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues, Improved Athkatlan City

Guard, Add Bags of Holding, Bonus Merchants, Weapon Styles for All, Multi-Class & True

Grandmastery, Identify All Items, 100% Learn Spells, Bottomless Bags of Holding and

Remove Fatigue from Restoration Spells.

3. Level1NPCs - Primary Component and Optional: Mod an NPC

No other stuff installed.

Level1NPCs is causing some graphical glitches!

For instance, I tested Umar Hills quest randomly following in Temple Ruins and enter the first level. On every new game start up and around 4-5 times a graphical glitch occurs exactly at the spot where manipulating the mirror near the crystal lights up and all the shadows move into the light be destroyed, etc... the Sunray type light that kills them continuously appears glitchy with screen tearing effects. There are quite a few more places where such inconsistencies occur graphically.

Currently only Mazzy Fentan tweak is installed with change in weapon proficiency to Axes.

This problems never ever happenned with Mods No.1 and 2 installed during my play through.

All configurations and game settings are the same for all my game sessions with no problems untill this mod was installed.

Screenshots for comparison below

-> http://i.imgur.com/1t77o.png?1

-> http://i.imgur.com/KJVru.png?1

I request the experts to look into this and offer some solution.

thanks..

Hi amnasty and welcome. Please paste the contents of the WeiDU.log text file in your game folder in [ SPOILER ] [ /SPOILER ] tags.

It is highly unlikely Level 1 NPCs does this since it does nothing with graphics or even with scripting (with exceptions in optional components you don't even have). I can try reproducing it but I doubt I'll have much luck. I would suggest trying to reproduce it with a brand new game (just import a ToB character, don't use your own) and then use the CLUA console to MoveToArea (see http://iesdp.gibberlings.net for CLUA and area codes). Then uninstall Level 1 NPCs and do the same thing. That way you will be able to confirm whether it is the mod or not.

Please paste the contents of the WeiDU.log text file in your game folder

Please paste the contents of the WeiDU.log text file in your game folder

Unfortunately I have re-installed so the weidu log is inaccessible to the fact regarding previous installation.

I do post the fresh log with only Mods No.1 and 2 installed.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v9.01

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v9

Also, as per your suggestion have rechecked and retried the steps and happy to notice 'no errors' as for time being.

Sorry for any misunderstanding on my part about the mod

thanks.. great mod btw!.. please continue to make it better.

amnasty, thanks for reporting. As Miloch noted, and your re-installation showed, it's highly unlikely L1NPCs would cause graphical errors. It's most likely that animations issue would occur from BG2Fixpack (I'm not 'passing the buck' though, haha.) Even so, there have not been similar reports on their forum, at least as a result of my search, so maybe this was a one-off anomaly.

It's not clear from your (newest) weidu.log that you re-installed L1NPCs.

Still, bravo that things are working correctly again for you.

Archived