v2 of Level One NPCs Available

6 replies to this topic

#1 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9724 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:55 AM

Nythrun's mod derives from Gebhart Blucher's Alternate BG2 NPCs (lvl1npcs.zip). Her massive opus of "allow player choice" allows you to start any of the joinable NPCs from BG and BG2 as level one characters with excess experience points. When they join your party, you can level them up and choose their skills. Level 1 NPCs expands on Blucher's original concept by allowing players to assign any previously installed kit/class - default or customized - onto any default (and many mod-added joinable) NPCs from both BG1 and BG2 games. The mod also allows players to change the NPC's skills and weapon proficiencies, individually tweak stats, and much, much more... Khalid the Fighter/Painbearer of Ilmater, Mazzy the Paladin, Jaheira the Kensai, and Valygar the Wizard Slayer are just a few examples.

v2 Changelog

• Now setting the correct values for Barbarian and Wild Mages in kit.ids
  • Should now work on Enhanced Editions (I think!), though the new Beamdog NPCs are not covered
  • Updated Tweaks detection to the new Tweaks Anthology from the deprecated BG2 Tweak Pack

Level One NPCs is some exceptionally high-level, complicated coding. I think I got everything needed for it to work on the EEs, but we'll see. Note that while it works for the EEs, I did not extend its functionality to cover the Beamdog NPCs.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4805 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:49 PM

Level One NPCs is some exceptionally high-level, complicated coding. I think I got everything needed for it to work on the EEs, but we'll see. Note that while it works for the EEs, I did not extend its functionality to cover the Beamdog NPCs.

So... I can't talk you into writing several thousand lines of new code? There's also approximately a metric shitton of mod NPCs to add per author requests (as per the pinned thread).

I also coded a whole slew of bugfixes in my v2, but I'll be damned if I remember where I put it...

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#3 Grunker

Grunker
  • Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:25 AM

AWEEEEESOOOOMEEEEE! Thanks a lot for this!

#4 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK

I stopped study at middle school

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:14 PM

great job. THank you very much.

#5 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:33 AM

seems there is a typo in level1npcs.tp2:

LANGUAGE
  ~Fran‡ais (traduit par Graoumf, des d'Oghmatiques)~
  ~french~
  ~level1npcs/languages/french/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE
  ~Espa¤ol (traducido por Lord Psion)~
  ~spanish~
  ~level1npcs/languages/spanish/setup.tra~

should be

LANGUAGE
  ~Francais (traduit par Graoumf, des d'Oghmatiques)~
  ~french~
  ~level1npcs/languages/french/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE
  ~Espanol (traducido por Lord Psion)~
  ~spanish~
  ~level1npcs/languages/spanish/setup.tra~

CARPE DIEM...

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel

#6 c4_angel

c4_angel
  • Modders
  • 62 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:38 PM

GREAT!GREAT!GREAT!

#7 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Modders
  • 557 posts
  • Location:New York City (via Nairobi, Kenya {via Orlando [via ... 0_o] })

Posted Yesterday, 07:34 PM

Level 1 NPCs expands on Blucher's original concept by allowing players to assign any previously installed kit/class - default or customized - onto any default (and many mod-added joinable) NPCs from both BG1 and BG2 games. The mod also allows players to change the NPC's skills and weapon proficiencies, individually tweak stats, and much, much more... Khalid the Fighter/Painbearer of Ilmater, Mazzy the Paladin, Jaheira the Kensai, and Valygar the Wizard Slayer are just a few examples.

v2 Changelog

• Now setting the correct values for Barbarian and Wild Mages in kit.ids
  • Should now work on Enhanced Editions (I think!), though the new Beamdog NPCs are not covered
  • Updated Tweaks detection to the new Tweaks Anthology from the deprecated BG2 Tweak Pack

A Life Renewed - At Last!

Thank you for reviving -and continuing to contribute- to this mod!

I got a peripheral request... Could future versions not preface its promotion as "Nythrun's mod...<etc>" and instead use the neutral convention that nearly all other mods use: simply, introduce it by its name.

I don't want to take away anything from Nythrun's contribution. Yes, she created this mod -- and made my and others' dream come true. All praise goes to her for that -- shared with those who added, maintained and/or corrected the code, over the years. But we who were originally there, creating & promoting the idea (and the ideal) of this mod, always wanted it to be a much-more community-adopted project. And presented as such.

I wish that it had been more so like that for much of its life. Perhaps future development will make that dream come true.

Edited by Azazello, Yesterday, 07:37 PM.

Der Tag beginnt in der Mittel am Nacht, immer. -- Peter Wendl
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users