6 Years logged off - Little help with installation order with minor mods?

Hi! as always congrats for all job! If it is on the wrong section, could you please move it?
If i could not mention others mods from others forum..i am sorry, but it was long time ago i searched about it

Forums i found in the past:
- Pocket plane group
- Gibberlings
- Macready Easy Tutu

My Objective
- Play BG1 Trilogy + BG2 SoA+ToB with minor mods to fix, improve the gameplay, interface, AI, currently chars
- Solve doubts as Install order and folders; also Windows 10 compatibility
- If there are any new mandatory installation to be done (fixpacks, Tweaks Anthology, forget easytutu and install EE)...i m lost

So to resume i had installed/played by 2012~2013 - Windows XP

- BG1 Trilogy
- BG2 SoA
- BG2 ToB + Patch (26498)
- Easy Tutu Tob (last updated 08 April 2012)

Mods + Adds Installed

[bG1]

- BG1 NPC Project
- BG1 Unfinished Business

[bG2]

- BG2 Quest Pack
- BG2 Banter Pack
- BG2 Unfinished Business

My guess was: after install BG1 > install mods on the BG1 Folder > then install BG2 fully > install mods on the BG2 Folder > then EasyTutu, degreenifier ? Finish. Is that OK?

Adding those below as questions =D

+BG1 NPC PROJECT - According to readme, only Works with EasyTutu v4. Correct?

When and Where do i install?

After EasyTutu install on it`s folder or after BG1 Install on it`s folder?

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=908

+Tweaks Anthology - According to readme, Works on EasyTuTu. Correct?

When and Where do i install? After EasyTutu install on it`s folder or another folder?

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=973

+ Sword Coast Stratagems - According to readme, Works on EasyTuTu. Correct?

When and Where do i install? After EasyTutu install on it`s folder or another folder?

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=914

+BG2 Fixpacks - According to readme no need with easytutu. Correct?

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=696

Any other suggestions please fell free to add, thanks A LOT!

Edited by badstapp

- BG1 Trilogy

- BG2 SoA

We call this all a BGT-weidu. It looks a bit different than EasyTutu, but it's far more easy than that. Cause that's was three games, this is just a mod installed on top of your BG2:ToB game, not asside it like the Tutu once did, you need the vanilla patched(v1.3.5512 or v1.3.5521) BG1:TotSC to be on your drive to get the needed data to the modified game, but after that you can uninstall the BG1 game if you don't need it.

And yes, you'll be playing the game from the BG2 game folder, or rather from the desktop shortcut made from the bgmain.exe from the BG2 folders file.

Install order:

BG2:SoA & BG2:ToB + patch v2.5.26498

BG2 Fixpack

BGT-weidu

BG1 NPC project, yes into the BG2 folder.

BG1 Unfinished Business -//-

BG2 Quest mods... there's more than dozen that fit this profile, including...

BG2 Unfinished Business (yep you install both of these in the same game, the BGT is a wonder child)

BG2 Banter Pack

Tweaks anthology (it's actually CamDawg's Tweak aka cdtweaks)

SCS

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

(it's actually CamDawg's Tweak aka cdtweaks)

Please, please, please: don't ever call it this. Calling it mine or associating it with only me does a massive disservice to all of the other authors and contributors--which are legion. (It's right up there with how "G3 Fixpack" dismisses the contributions of all of the other modders and communities that contributed to the BG2 Fixpack.)

Otherwise, to the OP, Jarno's got a solid install order and I second his recommendation.

Calling it mine or associating it with only me does a massive disservice to all of the other authors and contributors--which are legion.

Well, yes, the research etc is a thing that needed to be done. But you recoded the easy to &/¤% up things so that they won't mock up your game even if they are a mess, this likely will not make a worse mess. Unlike the old ones which overwrote stuff and might mix things that shouldn't be mixed with other mods.

And now there's no need to remember which tweakpack did what exactly and in what order to install them... yes in most cases the install order didn't matter ... but sometimes it did and add into that mods that tweak things intentionally or not and you get a BiG Wholesaleof ProblemsTM... and need a SolutionTM. Well, ok, so those aren't the only reason why the BW things exist, but not having one complete Tweaks -thing didn't help things. Yeah, and it only took 10+ years to became what it is, so things have moved on to better form from -slap this one file into the override folder-, but that's the nature of things, long coming.

- BG1 Trilogy

- BG2 SoA

We call this all a BGT-weidu. It looks a bit different than EasyTutu, but it's far more easy than that. Cause that's was three games, this is just a mod installed on top of your BG2:ToB game, not asside it like the Tutu once did, you need the vanilla patched(v1.3.5512 or v1.3.5521) BG1:TotSC to be on your drive to get the needed data to the modified game, but after that you can uninstall the BG1 game if you don't need it.

And yes, you'll be playing the game from the BG2 game folder, or rather from the desktop shortcut made from the bgmain.exe from the BG2 folders file.

Hi good night!

In advance thanks for having time to newbie questions, but i still have one

"not asside it like the Tutu once did, you need the vanilla patched(v1.3.5512 or v1.3.5521) BG1:TotSC to be on your drive to get the needed data to the modified game"

My answer: i have BG1: TotSC from long ago (3 version cd), i don't know what vanilla is (rusty english sorry!). So i install BG1: TotSC and patch it (v1.3.5512 or v1.3.5521). Right?

Second part ok i got it! (really appreciate)

Only this final tiny question =D

Thanks!

i have BG1: TotSC from long ago (3 version cd)...

Then you don't need to patch the game at all. As the 3CD game is the one that has been updated to the patch already.

You can check what the game version is in the games options menu. But that doesn't really matter... and you are welcome.

i have BG1: TotSC from long ago (3 version cd)...

Then you don't need to patch the game at all. As the 3CD game is the one that has been updated to the patch already.

You can check what the game version is in the games options menu. But that doesn't really matter... and you are welcome.

Hi good night

Last question about: Clua Console

i have installed everything i wanted, thanks, game is running ok, also i read all the readmes and downloaded them to avoid issues, and they mention many times the clua console

I went to Black Isle > BGII SOA folder (there are only two folders, one as you said for baldur's gate not changed at all, and BG II SOA where i installed all), started the baldur.ini, inserted a line in the [GAME OPTIONS] as Cheats=1, started game, hitted control + pause, and nothing happened

Is it not this way anymore?

Is it not this way anymore?

Yeah, nope. You do this in BG2: What you need is to find the [Program Options], and under that put "Debug Mode=1" without the quotes. I only remember that cause it's here. :lol: :devlook:

Hi!

Did not work, but...i could check one odd thing, i started my game manually (baldur.exe or bgmain.exe) did some quests already, saved, auto-save, quick save and so (CLUAconsole not ok, tapping ctrl + space nothing happend)... then i tried to run as administrator to see if "debug mode=1" worked, hit load game and where was my save? I used a new save to test, and worked but my save was gone?

I closed, then started manually (without administrator) and my game was there...so....what should i do now?

Also the all the installation mods, patch and so had the Administrator Icon permission (that shield yellow and blue), but Tweaks Anthology and SCS does not...maybe they are not working also? I am confused now..

#Edit

Now baldur.ini, has many new lines, that did not have before

I saved a game running as administrator, quit game, then reestarted manually...both save games (manually and administrator) were there, but on the save folder (only created after administrator start) there is only the save game as ADM :undecided::undecided::undecided:

So...i reestart the game and always play as administrator?

Edited by badstapp

So you are on Windows 10 ? Ahh, the user account control... my suggestion would have been to turn that %&¤# off... but that technically existed 7 years ago, already, Windows Vista :rant: . Ahh, funny memories. :D Yeah, as you said, you didn't have that generation computer by then, you never ran into that then yet.

So today, you have two options, either you install your "old games" into the users own folder in the C drive, which is in the C:\Users\<username>\ -subfolder which you want to make more there. Also if you don't have an English Windows, but a translated one, the Users folder is likely psuedo translated in your use interface to a native language folder name, but when you go into it and click the folder name line to copy it elsewhere, the translated folder name actually is just Users. Using those sub folders allows you actual usercontrol, well unless you have a Antivirus prtogram trhat puts you on a litter box.

Or you don't use the C drive at all and that fixes the problem of the Windows 10, for associating wrong things under your same proffile as both the admin and a normal user. This doesn't happen in newer game cause they could be certified to Windows 10(+ Vista & 7), as they could be made aware of this :schimpf:.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

So you are on Windows 10 ? Ahh, the user account control... my suggestion would have been to turn that %&¤# off... but that technically existed 7 years ago, already, Windows Vista :rant: . Ahh, funny memories. :D Yeah, as you said, you didn't have that generation computer by then, you never ran into that then yet.

So today, you have two options, either you install your "old games" into the users own folder in the C drive, which is in the C:\Users\<username>\ -subfolder which you want to make more there. Also if you don't have an English Windows, but a translated one, the Users folder is likely psuedo translated in your use interface to a native language folder name, but when you go into it and click the folder name line to copy it elsewhere, the translated folder name actually is just Users. Using those sub folders allows you actual usercontrol, well unless you have a Antivirus prtogram trhat puts you on a litter box.

Or you don't use the C drive at all and that fixes the problem of the Windows 10, for associating wrong things under your same proffile as both the admin and a normal user. This doesn't happen in newer game cause they could be certified to Windows 10(+ Vista & 7), as they could be made aware of this :schimpf:.

Hi good morning!

1)Yes i am in Windows 10

2)My windows is Portuguese-Brazil, oficial

3)My PC has only one account, mine, as adm

4) I noticed that my files are "C: Arquivos de Programas(x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\" [Arquivos de Programas is the portuguese transllation for Program Files], so when i installed showed the english name, but still went to default installation folder

I checked the link and this was exactly what happened - 2.Q5 The BG1 saves disappear to somewhere with Window Vista/7, help, while I went stupidly and installed into the Program Files folder ?

= I found my saves - C:\Users\thiag\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)

I just noticed you are the same guy from the link hahahaha, i think you are jesus, the mighty light, the great goodness on the universe, please save me hahaha

My options are:

Option 1) Uninstall, reinstall using your steps (2 to 2.8) keep a clean install (i FORGOT THAT!), and reestart from scratch

Questions:

a) Disabled UAC, PCA, and no longer on Program Files, just start everything manually, not as Administrator anymore, right?

b) 2.4 Make a quick icon from the BGMain.exe to the desktop. - Just copy from the installed folder and put on the Desktop? Or shortcut it? (i know it is silly but...just want things to work :thumbsup: )

c) When i install BG Trilogy, should i run it as ou say on step 2.5. Start the games? Scheme: So BGT > RUN > SAVE > CLOSES / BG II SoA > RUN > SAVE > CLOSES / BG ToB > PATCH > RUN > SAVE > CLOSES?

I am not very good with big modifications but most of that i can do...

Option 2)

Keep playing as NO ADM, saving on C:\Users\thiag\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle (there is a baldur.ini there additional to the Program Files x86 folder) hoping that my fears after playing for weeks and then in the future on ToSc or ToB i find out that some mods were not correctly functional...I Checked the mods for BG1 are running, for example avatar morphing was ok, Easy to use AI ok, bg 1 npc project ok, tweaks ok...

My goal is just to play with everything installed, while on vacation the best game ever, but man, whatever you say is law to me

Updated program files and virtual store folders

https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/program_files_folder-jpg

https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/virtual_store_folder1-jpg

Thanks for you big attention and time

Edited by badstapp

Well, if I were you, I would restart everything.. so to speak. Reinstall the BG2 game into:

C:\Users\thiag\Jogos\BGII - SoA\ -sorry I can't actually write Portugal, so that's just an educated guess from a dictionary, for "Games".

And just follow the advice I have given in this thread. The later part post is just an explanation for why.

The bigger installs reguire automated install tools, especially the ones that have other quest mods that were created a long time ago... Such as NEJ, TDD, SoS, CtB, ...as those reguired other things fixed too and themselves. And the worldmap.

The above linked 20 page setup FAQ is kinda old already, I wrote it with help of others and there is a lot of things that are still valid mostly, as not that much have moved. But it's still old.

My suggesstion is that if you feel you can handle manual install of the 9 mods, then don't use a Megamoding tool, as learning to use the BWS is a hassle on it's own right.

1)Yes i am in Windows 10

3)My PC has only one account, mine, as adm

Thing is, this is never true anymore, on Windows 10. The Admin privileges aren't on use by any account by default, aka they always have to be turned on to access the Admin commands and even then they get not that much allowances, as Micrtosoft has to protect the user, by simply not. As you don't own the software you use, you just have a licence to use their programs. By the way, from a consumers point of view, this is a disaster, and probably against every law set against Monopoly's in the world. But it's not like that's a new thing.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Well, if I were you, I would restart everything.. so to speak. Reinstall the BG2 game into:

C:\Users\thiag\Jogos\BGII - SoA\ -sorry I can't actually write Portugal, so that's just an educated guess from a dictionary, for "Games".

And just follow the advice I have given in this thread. The later part post is just an explanation for why.

Ok i will reinstall on the folder we mentioned - thanks for that :saiyan: , i tought my install was not that big

Could you just please answer that for kindess?

a) Disabled UAC, PCA, and no longer on Program Files, just start everything manually, not as Administrator anymore, right?

c) 2.5. Start the games: Scheme to Install: BGT > RUN > SAVE > CLOSES / BG II SoA > RUN > SAVE > CLOSES / BG ToB > PATCH > RUN > SAVE > CLOSES ?

The bigger installs reguire automated install tools, especially the ones that have other quest mods that were created a long time ago... Such as NEJ, TDD, SoS, CtB, ...as those reguired other things fixed too and themselves. And the worldmap.

The above linked 20 page setup FAQ is kinda old already, I wrote it with help of others and there is a lot of things that are still valid mostly, as not that much have moved. But it's still old.

My suggesstion is that if you feel you can handle manual install of the 9 mods, then don't use a Megamoding tool, as learning to use the BWS is a hassle on it's own right.

I don't even know what is a megamoding tool, i tought i was doing manual installation...haha

to be honest computers has dark magics, even when i follow all procedures, still something goes wrong

Edited by badstapp

Disabled UAC, PCA, and no longer on Program Files, just start everything manually, not as Administrator anymore, right?

Well, if you install things into the C:\Users\<username>\ -subfolder, you don't need to disable a thing... and to my memory serves me, these in Windows 10 don't actually aren't as a feature, but are on by default, so the install ofder is the only way to go at it. But other than that, yeah.

This was you text, I just edited it seriously to what needs to be done:

Start the games: Scheme to Install: 1) Uninstall BG II SoA(this will do the ToB uninstall too and leave mod files into the old game folder which you can then delete), then reinstall the BGII - SoA game to C:\Users\thiag\Jogos\BGII - SoA\ or similar folder, then install BGII - ToB on top of that, then install the v2.5.26498 patch, then RUN that game, make a SAVE in both portions of the game, CLOSE the game. These are the only steps that need to be taken.

Before you can then install the BG2Fixpack, then BGT-weidu etc from the previous posts.