BG1 Unfinished Business - Bug Reporting Thread

Post any comments or bug reports for BG1 Unfinished Business Mod here.

The most important links:

bg1ub mod page at PPG (older version)

Download bg1ub current version from official PPG GitHub Mirror

Discussion thread at BeamDog Forums

-------

Hello all,

New users are not currently able to get accounts on the Pocket Plane forums, so I am opening a support thread for BG1UB here.

For the latest version of BG1UB, please see my GitHub page: https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/bg1ub/releases

Cheers,

AstroBryGuy

I repeated this maybe 10 or so times on different places, maybe this time someone will take it into account. Red sheaf bartender in Beregost is the Amnish spy! :ohmy: If somebody checked his rumors it will be plain as day that this fellow is Nashkel born and Nashkel bred. :p Small correction in "Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations" will certainly fix this small oversight. This was found in BG:TotSC TOS GOG edition.

I'll take a look at it. For future reports, please indicate if the bug is in BG1UB content or "vanilla" BG1/BGEE content. It makes it simpler to figure out if I'm fixing existing BG1UB content or adding a fix to vanilla content.

EDIT: I checked the Red Sheaf Inn store file (INN3357.STO). I can confirm that this bug is fixed in BGEE and Tutu (the rumor dialog file points to RBEREG.DLG (or _RBEREG.DLG). I don't have BGT install to check. Can anyone with a BGT install check if this bug is fixed in BGT?

Edited by AstroBryGuy

OK, less of my bad attempts of humor, more dry facts. :p This is vanilla thing, obviously.

Humor is fine. I just wasn't sure at first if I should be looking in the existing BG1UB stores component for something it was doing wrong or at vanilla BG1. So, same amount of humor, then more dry facts. ;)

EDIT: Fix is pushed to GitHub. Will be in next release.

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/bg1ub/commit/6460ae7a0f304ae9fb8e35350cbb19914078b39d

Edited by AstroBryGuy

I honestly don't know is this leftover from vanilla or simple mistake in BG1UB but both taverns in Nashkel are called Belching dragon. The northern one on the entrance when you first enter Nashkel should have sign "Northern star". Both taverns when you drink in them are also called the same.

In vanilla, the inn next to the Nashkel Store is simply called "Nashkel Inn" on the sign outside and on the tavern menu page. Technically, this is fine, if a bit boring. The tavern by the bridge is marked "Belching Dragon Inn" on the sign outside but "Northern Light" on the tavern menu screen. So, there is a issue in vanilla.

This is fixed in BG1UB. On my test install, the taverns are renamed. "Northern Light" by the store and "Belching Dragon" by the bridge. I don't see the problem you are seeing with both taverns having the same name.

Do you have Dudleyfix installed? It has a different fix for the tavern names. It leaves the "Nashkel Inn" alone, but changes the name of the tavern by the bridge to "Belching Dragon" by rewriting string #11696 in the dialog.tlk. BG1UB points the name for the "Nashkel Inn" to that string, assuming it is still "Northern Light", as per the original dialog.tlk. If you have both installed, you end up with both taverns named "Belching Dragon". It's a mod conflict.

See: http://www.forgottenwars.com/dudleyfix/bg1_dialogue.htm

Edited by AstroBryGuy

In vanilla, the inn next to the Nashkel Store is simply called "Nashkel Inn" on the sign outside and on the tavern menu page. Technically, this is fine, if a bit boring. The tavern by the bridge is marked "Belching Dragon Inn" on the sign outside but "Northern Light" on the tavern menu screen. So, there is a issue in vanilla.

This is fixed in BG1UB. On my test install, the taverns are renamed. "Northern Light" by the store and "Belching Dragon" by the bridge. I don't see the problem you are seeing with both taverns having the same name.

Do you have Dudleyfix installed? It has a different fix for the tavern names. It leaves the "Nashkel Inn" alone, but changes the name of the tavern by the bridge to "Belching Dragon" by rewriting string #11696 in the dialog.tlk. BG1UB points the name for the "Nashkel Inn" to that string, assuming it is still "Northern Light", as per the original dialog.tlk. If you have both installed, you end up with both taverns named "Belching Dragon". It's a mod conflict.

See: http://www.forgottenwars.com/dudleyfix/bg1_dialogue.htm

Hmm, yes, that is probable explanation. Though I don't have Dudleyfix installed, I have BG1 fixpack instead: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9019

Although I have this component from certain mod: Selected TWEAKS for BG1 from dudleyville.com: v3.52(108), but it never mentioned anything about Nashkel inns. Well, no big deal, so what if Belching dragon has tavern and inn monopoly in northern Amn? :D Thanks for your explanation.

Yes, the BGFixpack overwrites large amounts of the BG1 DIALOG.TLK file, including string #11696. This particular change isn't correcting a spelling or grammar. It's removing the string "Northern Light" from the game. Since the string "Belching Dragon" occurs elsewhere in the DIALOG.TLK, the change should have been made by editing the STO file to point to the existing string.

Ironically, BGFixPack DOES change the name of the .STO file for the tavern by the bridge to point to the original "Belching Dragon" string in the DIALOG.TLK! So, the overwriting of #11696 is rendered completely pointless. :rolleyes:

COPY_EXISTING ~tav4809.sto~ ~override~ //The Belching Dragon
  SAY NAME2 #11764
BUT_ONLY

The best I can do is block the name change of the Nashkel Inn to "Northern Light" if BGFixPack is installed.

EDIT: Fix committed to GitHub - https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/bg1ub/commit/8f0ebd9e5a7a54e2d3b0f077715bf4a2e10da137

Edited by AstroBryGuy

Yes, seems that author/s of BG1fixpack weren't skilled as some of today's modding wizards ( far from it that I'm not grateful for their hard work too ) and level of knowledge was much smaller then than it is now. Anyway thanks for your continued support and help, your hard efforts of maintaining compatibility for different platforms and removing of numerous mistakes are greatly appreciated.

Not bug per see, but that scroll of animal summoning from Nim Furlwing ( did I misspell it, sorry for my very bad english :p ) has range only of 1 and target living actor. I run on group of eight Black talon elites in Peldvale and since that scum requires melee approach I decided to buy me some time with the meatshield until I'm able to charge for hand to hand combat. Needless to say that poor mutts get pincushioned not even on halfway through. Nevertheless their sacrifice bought me enough time to finish the job. They will not be forgotten. :( I suggest to change that scroll to target any point and with the range of 30 or visual range of sight, like most other scrolls.