Future tweak ideas - post 'em here

1. Time - while the game does seem to keep track of time (e.g., the saves all have "time stamps", indicating days and hours since the beginning of the game), there doesn't seem to be any way to check this in-game - to do so, I need to save, go to the saves and look at the last one I made. (In Pillars of Eternity, for example, hovering the cursor over the pause/unpause "clock" has this functionality). Thus, if some type of in-game clock (perhaps ideally, say, toggleable) can be added, I think it might be convenient.

Heh, where do you think the PoE got the idea from ? BG's, yes, the ingameclock is from BGs, it's in the left lower corner. The pendulum that is the pause button, has a tool tip, aka you need to keep your mouse hovered above it, exactly like in PoE. )

Hmm, funny I never noticed this before... must be because it takes hovering somewhat longer, so I guess I just never had the patience... :hm:

In this case, what about the saves also indicating the real world date/time when they were made?

I made a little mod that simply removes usability restrictions from potions. Just because it seems to stick out like a sore thumb in my recent playthrough... I get how a magical sword might only submit to use by a paladin, but I don't see how choosing to be a rogue vs. a fighter changes whether you can drink this or that liquid.

Someone suggested it be donated to Tweaks, so I hereby offer it up. All 11 lines of code here:

https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Scales_of_Balance/blob/master/scales_of_balance/components/109_IWO_potion_use.tpa

It doesn't do anything about usability lines in item descriptions... I just haven't cided anything for the old engine in a long time. Sorry...

Better support in cutscenes for Familiars.

Example: Icewind EE 2.5 refers to Familiars maybe two times (once as the Familiar object and a second time as the individual CRE files) and Familiar Summoner once (Luremaster cutscene), but the rest of the time Familiars aren't included in cutscenes involving Player1, etc.

Hmm, funny I never noticed this before... must be because it takes hovering somewhat longer, so I guess I just never had the patience... :hm:

Well, you could use the Tab -key like a proper nerd. ... yeah, a lot late, but whatever.

Same-sex options for Delainy/Durlyle e.g. spawning Delainy for a female protagonist or Durlyle for males.

Thing is, their DIALOG engenders the player via introducing the players gender, with m'lord-m'lady ... -word.

Death Cam (BGEE/BG2EE) - After Charname's death, pause the game and give the player an additional round before the death movie plays. Often times the player can get killed and not see exactly what happened; this gives them a chance to check the feedback.

Heya everyone, the Make Montaron an Assassin component made me think that there are more opportunities to give class kits to some NPCs in BG1.

- Make Ajantis a Cavalier

- Make Eldoth a Jester

- Make Faldorn an Avenger

- Make Kagain a Dwarven Defender (EE only)

- Make Kivan an Archer OR Stalker

- Make Safana a Swashbuckler

- Make Shar-teel a Berserker

Thoughts?

Posed over yonder.

NPCs Cannot Pass Doors

Does this affect AI controlled enemies ? Cause I remember the SCS problems that were there cause by an essential enemy that fled an area where they party couldn't and Sarevok became invulnerable ... etc other fun things.

Ah depreciation; I removed it on my end after finding an EE bug where if I tried to sell a stack of items to a store with depreciation, it would refuse the transaction because a code bug rendered the items valueless (wrong math apparently, the depreciation devaluing them to zero). Selling them one by one or in smaller stacks overcame this. So yeah a no-depreciation tweak would be helpful to everyone :thumbsup: