Photo

BG II GemRB - lagging [WORKAROUND use Cheat Engine Speedhack post #17]

38 replies to this topic

#31 khelban12

khelban12
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:27 AM

I post here instead of PMing you because here you can also get opinions from more knowledgeable people than me so you will get better help. I hope you don't mind.

[intro]
zelazko PMed me saying that he reinstalled from the beginning and that fixed his issue (kit descriptions weren't showing) but now gemrb crashes when a npc joins the party and he asked my weidu.log.
I posted my weidu.log but i only had a BG2 installation.
[/intro]

I had some free time today so i did a new BGT installation with all the mods i use (no SCS though because it takes 1-1.5 hours to install. i can install it if it is absolutely necessary). My new BGT weidu.log is in the spoiler. It isn't as "mega" as yours though. I also didn't install Infinity Animations to avoid some false positive crash due to some animation issue.
Spoiler

I also used this chance to upgrade gemrb to the latest git.

Observations:
Spoiler

3) Regarding zelazko's problems, i ran bgt and let Imoen join in and also took Xzar / Montaron. I also did the same in the vanilla game through wine. In both cases, it worked fine and didn't crash. So again i can only say that either your installation is messed up or it is a windows build problem.

Is the windows binary still 0.8.4 or you are running some more recent git version ? Tell me what version you have and i can compile that version and test again with that. Also if you want me to test something else please tell me.

#32 zelazko

zelazko
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:49 AM

I think this is mod install order problem on my part. I installed class kits right after mega mods because I notice they become unusable when I install class kit late in order. I use gemrb-win32-f3174aa version of the gemRB http://gibberlings3....=27138&p=262887

~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #2 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music (WARNING: patches BGMain.exe)

Does music work for you correctly? For me it would play me strange tracks like Helm temple music after Gorion gets killed by Sarevok. The first two options Full BG1 or full BG2 Shadow of Amns worked fine but not the one that paches exe.

I was also wondering what version of wiedu do you use? In all previous installations I had WeiDU version 24600 with 953 KB size.

Mine TobEx Beta 0026 from Spellhold studios installs component

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0025

Yours

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0026

¯\\\_(ツ)\_/¯

Could you upload your version the one from spellhold is outdated even if it says 0026.

Edited by zelazko, 12 October 2018 - 07:56 AM.

#33 khelban12

khelban12
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:58 AM

Does music work for you correctly? For me it would play me strange tracks like Helm temple music after Gorion gets killed by Sarevok. The first two options Full BG1 or full BG2 Shadow of Amns worked fine but not the one that paches exe.

I think it works correctly both in the cutscene that gorion gets killed and after when you get imoen. I may be wrong though. Besides the "battle" music i don't remember which music is from which area.

I was also wondering what version of wiedu do you use? In all previous installations I had WeiDU version 24600 with 953 KB size.

Yes 246 weidu for me also. I checked-out commit f3174aa and compiled it. Again no crashes at least until Montaron - Xzar.

#34 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 3144 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:18 PM

khelban: that's only the default for LIBDIR, but I added the extra option anyway. Not yet pushed.

as for gcc 8.2, does this work for critters instead? http://sprunge.us/Xmn3iU?diff

GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Looking for Planescape: Torment testers
Play android version IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE: reported bugs will be ignored! Still looking for builders ...

#35 khelban12

khelban12
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:44 AM

khelban: that's only the default for LIBDIR, but I added the extra option anyway. Not yet pushed.

Yes, setting LIB_DIR is another way to do it but that usually is for people who want an entirely different libdir. The libdir you specified for fhs is what everyone wants except for the 64 suffix. I don't know which program devs came with it first but this way with using the suffix variable "/lib${LIB_SUFFIX}/" nothing needs to be changed and it works for everyone.

as for gcc 8.2, does this work for critters instead? http://sprunge.us/Xmn3iU?diff

I haven't ran it but yes it compiled fine.

Edited by khelban12, 13 October 2018 - 02:45 AM.

#36 zelazko

zelazko
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:04 PM

I started anew to arrange my BGT mod install order according to http://www.shsforums...-world-english/ this guide by Watson. According to it I made mistake by installing mega mods after BGT likely my stability issues stem from wrong install order.

I also installed NEJ2 which doesn't play friendly with some mods I had. As well there were a few install order related issues and components issues I created.

I also checked the savegame created in Lion's Way on both (same setup) moded GemRB and vanilla moded (same setup) baldur. On vanilla moded baldur Xzar and Monty weren't even there to begin with. On GemRB they both were present and ready to join the party but it caused the crash. The problem must have been  mod wrong install and/or incompatibilities between NEJ2 and some other mine mods.

Edited by zelazko, 13 October 2018 - 05:07 PM.

#37 zelazko

zelazko
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:37 PM

http://gibberlings3....ds&showfile=710 v2

http://gibberlings3....showtopic=21252 v3 beta

Full Plate & Packing Steel mod slows down NPCs in heavy armor and even light armor. It got cool new armor system I really like. How would I go about removing slowing down actors because I noticed playing on GemRB with this mod NPCs just move too slow compared when this mod is not installed.

GemRB on BG2 default actor speed and anims lack the vanilla smoothness but are playable once you get used to it. However once you add Full Plate & Packing Steel to your GemRB game it all becomes jelly.

Edited by zelazko, 16 October 2018 - 05:52 PM.

#38 khelban12

khelban12
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:55 AM

Full Plate & Packing Steel mod slows down NPCs in heavy armor and even light armor. It got cool new armor system I really like. How would I go about removing slowing down actors because I noticed playing on GemRB with this mod NPCs just move too slow compared when this mod is not installed.
GemRB on BG2 default actor speed and anims lack the vanilla smoothness but are playable once you get used to it. However once you add Full Plate & Packing Steel to your GemRB game it all becomes jelly.

Edit setup-fullplate.tp2 and find the string saying "STRING_EQUAL movemod BEGIN" (in v2 it should be line 1845). Put a "/*" before this line and a "*/" after the line with "END".

In the end it should look like the following:

/*
                    PATCH_IF ~%param%~ STRING_EQUAL movemod BEGIN
                        SET opcode = 176
                        SET param1 = 0 - (x / 10)
                        SET param2 = 0
                        PATCH_INCLUDE ~additmfx.tpp~ END
                    PATCH_IF ~%param%~ STRING_EQUAL wpnspeedmod BEGIN
                        SET opcode = 190
                        SET param1 = 0 - x
                        SET param2 = 0
                        PATCH_INCLUDE ~additmfx.tpp~ END
                    */
If i understood the code correctly, commenting this piece of code will not insert effects for a) slow movement, b) weapon speed slowing.

I don't know if the implementation is the same but you can also use Item Revision's version which is newer and permits you to choose if you have movement penalties or not during install without you having to mess with anything. I swear by Item Revisions.

#39 zelazko

zelazko
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:29 AM

Thanks khelban12 when I get to the installation (full plate & packing steel is fairly late) I will make backup of the directory beforehand and install mod with you recommended instructions. :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users