Special abilities and BG:EE

Kalindor

A nice feature they implemented in BG(2):EE is the ability to right-click on a spell or special ability and see its description. However, the new special abilities introduced in KR have blank text when you right-click them, obviously as a result of the fact that we previously never needed descriptions apart from the kit description. I just wanted to bring this to your attention as it screams "mod-added" when in the context of BG(2):EE and I know that you detest that sort of thing.

It appears to read directly from the description field in the spell file.

Yeah, but you are not hearing me, from offset 0x0050 or 0x0054 ?

I have stopped nesting ability descriptions in class/kit descriptions completely. No need with this feature

Shouldn't you still do it in the normal way in BG2 ? Besides, simply doing it in the kit description is far more helpful when deciding which kit to use. So it doesn't come as a surprise that the Berserk comes with winded after effect, or the Nahal's Reckless Dweomer can have severe consequences, like loosing the acquired wealth all a sudden.

I have stopped nesting ability descriptions in class/kit descriptions completely. No need with this feature

Shouldn't you still do it in the normal way in BG2 ? Besides, simply doing it in the kit description is far more helpful when deciding which kit to use. So it doesn't come as a surprise that the Berserk comes with winded after effect, or the Nahal's Reckless Dweomer can have severe consequences, like loosing the acquired wealth all a sudden.

Most of the stuff I do is for my own use. I just like having the descriptions available in case I forget some detail, but I don't need it in the kit description. But sure, I guess if I release anything, I'll put the descriptions in the kit description...You have convinced me

I am not sure how to get DLTCEP to display offsets, but it is the one on the "Description" tag of the spell editor that is labeled "Description:" If this does not answer your question, someone with modding experience in BG(2)EE almost certainly has that information.

I am not sure how to get DLTCEP to display offsets, but it is the one on the "Description" tag of the spell editor that is labeled "Description:" If this does not answer your question, someone with modding experience in BG(2)EE almost certainly has that information.

He wants to know if it is an identified description, or an unidentified description. Not sure why he couldn't just say that :)

You can get an idea of what he is talking about by looking here:

http://gibberlings3.net/iesdp/file_formats/ie_formats/spl_v1.htm

Jarno I don't think spl files use 0x54.

Edit: So yeah, 0x50

Archived