Compatibility with EET

how about this then: "break apart" the random iwd chests and put the random iwd items in a shared pool so that bg items make their way to iwd, and these pseudo-random iwd items can be found in bg. iwd loot table containers are thus abolished. since this creates an overabundance of items because where you could find one of several now you can obtain all from the tables (randomly scattered), a lot of them should be omitted (there are repeating ones) or hand placed to be carried by various characters who otherwise have generic items

i just don't want there to be two systems of randomization and want iwd to be fully integrated in every respect. but maybe i'm just pushing it, maybe IR is just fine as it is for EET

but i see a lot of advantages in the iwd pseudorandom system and i don't care if a handful of players will abuse it like apes. nobody complained about it in the context of iwd because it's completely impractical to reload and replay whole big dungeons for hours upon hours to get the desired combination of items (they are created upon entering, not upon opening a container)

I don't know that much about IWD, since I don't play it (which will maybe change once EET is in full power), but I would not like it to intrude upon BG loot system. Other than that, I don't care.

Anyway, that's just my view, so maybe the devs will consider it, or maybe not.

The version dated 170205 includes experimental support for EET. It's experimental in the sense I think it should perhaps work, but don't have SoD and can't test it. If someone who has EET could give it a try and report back, that would be super.

thanks for the effort. I gave it a try and can see few issues in the code:

1. randomiser.tp2 don't use GAME_IS ~eet~ at all so many components are skipped during installation even if they're meant to work for BGT and other platforms at the same time and don't conflict with EET.

2. comp_vars.tpa

this code:

END ELSE ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgt eet~ BEGIN
  OUTER_SET BG1 = 1
  OUTER_SET Tutu = 0
  OUTER_SET BGT = 1
  OUTER_SPRINT BG1_BCS ar0015
  OUTER_SPRINT BG2_BCS ar0602
  OUTER_SPRINT TUTU_VAR ""
  OUTER_SPRINT BG1Area ar0015
  OUTER_SPRINT BG2Area ar0602

should be changed to:

END ELSE ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgt~ BEGIN
  OUTER_SET BG1 = 1
  OUTER_SET Tutu = 0
  OUTER_SET BGT = 1
  OUTER_SPRINT BG1_BCS ar0015
  OUTER_SPRINT TUTU_VAR ""
  OUTER_SPRINT BG1Area ar0015
END ELSE ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~eet~ BEGIN
  OUTER_SET BG1 = 1
  OUTER_SET Tutu = 0
  OUTER_SET BGT = 1 //not sure about this one - see point 5
  OUTER_SPRINT BG1_BCS bg2600
  OUTER_SPRINT TUTU_VAR ""
  OUTER_SPRINT BG1Area bg2600

3. missing_items.tpa:

I think ~eet~ should be also included in this code:

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee~ BEGIN
  COPY_EXISTING sto0703.sto override
    LPF change_store_stock STR_VAR item = "wand[0-9]+" END
    LPF change_store_stock STR_VAR item = "scrl5[pmgijk]" END
  BUT_ONLY
END

4. lib.tpa:

Again missed ~eet~.

DEFINE_ACTION_MACRO bgee_language BEGIN
  ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee~ BEGIN
    LOAD_TRA ~%MOD_FOLDER%/languages/bgee/english/in-game.tra~
    LOAD_TRA ~%MOD_FOLDER%/languages/bgee/%LANGUAGE%/in-game.tra~
  END
END

Although in this case I would change GAME_IS to ENGINE_IS

5. Not sure about the intented implementation but there seems to be conflict between comp_vars.tpa and fl#bg1pal.tpa. The former sets BGT variable to 1 for EET and the latter sets it to 0. In many places randomiser code checks BGT variable to recognize BG1 content presence, so if fl#bg1pal.tpa code resets it to 0 some parts of the code won't work for EET. if I remember correctly in the old patch I've changed scripts with code like this (and other variations of it, there are many places that uses these variables):

ACTION_IF Tutu = 1 OR BGT = 1 OR GAME_IS ~bgee~ BEGIN

to this:

ACTION_IF Tutu = 1 OR BGT = 1 OR EET = 1 OR GAME_IS ~bgee~ BEGIN
Edited by K4thos

5. Not sure about the intented implementation but there seems to be conflict between comp_vars.tpa and fl#bg1pal.tpa.

That's fine. The BGT variable within the function does not affect the environment outside the function. Regardless, I'll probably rename the "outer" variable into Trilogy or something, to reflect its wider use.

The rest's been addressed in the version dated 170206.

5. Not sure about the intented implementation but there seems to be conflict between comp_vars.tpa and fl#bg1pal.tpa.

That's fine. The BGT variable within the function does not affect the environment outside the function. Regardless, I'll probably rename the "outer" variable into Trilogy or something, to reflect its wider use.

The rest's been addressed in the version dated 170206.

Just tested both mode 1 and mode 2 on EET, including save patcher, all components install fine. No warnings or errors. Thank you for adding compatibility :party: As others mentioned in this topic Item Randomiser sounds like a very cool mod.

Edited by K4thos

@Wisp - I installed Item Randomizer into BWS/EET at the end of the process using Mode 1 (in-game scripts), with the no lost items flag. However, it doesn't seem to have hooked into the Candlekeep scripts. I tried starting directly in Irenicus' Dungeon and the scripts fired.

E: Also the setup is not detecting EET as having BG2 content (meaning that the Kangaxx, Flail of Ages, Duergar, Watcher's Keep Statues and Spell Shield Scroll components are disallowed), but it's also not detecting EET as having TotSC content either (meaning that the WIS Tome component is also disallowed). Theoretically all of these components should be available in an EET instance. Interestingly enough, despite all of these disallowances, I am still offered the Cespenar component (which theoretically has the same requirements as the Watcher's Keep Statues component). I'll return and report if it's specific to the EET instance or if it's also affecting BGEE and BG2EE.

E2: so I should probably test on the most recent version, which is not 6.8 (the version available on the Gibberlings 3 main page). Future people, please make note that this discrepancy exists as of 2017-09-10 so you don't make the same mistake I did.

E3: Yeah using the DevV7 release seems to have solved most of my issues. I'll test it on the EET instance and report back (I need to sleep)

Final Edit: EET with SoD+BG2EE is fully compatible with Dev V7 to the best of my knowledge. Thank you ^^

Edited by pokota