Discussion: BG2 Kit Creation Series

Some classes can not be kitted - Sorcerers, monks, barbarians, and wild mages can not be kitted.

This means that these classes cannot be kitted for a PC, correct? NPC only kits for these classes can be made, can't they? (Good to know before I start trying to tinker about)

Err, no. These four really are hardcoded and unkittable. With a custom NPC though, you can grant extra abilities and such with a script that grants extra abilities at level-up.

No, I don't believe you could create a kit for these class even if it were NPC-only. You could, however, simulate a kit for them by adding stuff to their .cre files, through scripting, etc.

EDIT: oh yeah, has anyone else noticed that there's a CLABMO01.2da? It suggests that Bioware at least thought about letting Monks have kits :D

Edited by NiGHTMARE
AddKit()ing a mage kit doesn't grant the extra spell per level.

I just tested this on Aerie, and basically just copied the cavalier entry in kitlist.2da, changed it's kit number and class number, then levelled her up. She got the extra mage spell slots that mage kits get.

Heh, I had only tested this on Imoen and Nalia and assumed the problem to be universal, it is not. Adding a kit to trueclass or multiclass mage gives the extra spells. Adding a kit to a dualclass mage (or a mage/thief, at least) doesn't.

KITLIST.2da - The PROFICIENCY column is unknown, save that every kit has a unique value.

I think it is the kit's column in weapprof.2da, with the ID column being 0.

LUABBR.2da (ToB only) - The index name must be 3 charactes in length; the file for the HLA table is always LUXXX.2da where XXX is the entry in this table.
I pretty sure the index name can be up to 6 charaters in length.
Guest Guest

Hey, I'm new at this and have one question:

When you write the appending .2da files, do they have to be in that same order? (eg. in the tutorial you started with CLASWEAP, but could I have started with WEAPPROF?) Also, I saw that the append stuff was after //, making it a comment?

Hey, I'm new at this and have one question:

When you write the appending .2da files, do they have to be in that same order? (eg. in the tutorial you started with CLASWEAP, but could I have started with WEAPPROF?)

The ADD_KIT functions expects the appending done in a certain order, so you will need to stick with the order as given in the tutorial.

Also, I saw that the append stuff was after //, making it a comment?

The // comment tells WeiDU to ignore everything from // to the end of the line. Since the appends are not on the same line, they're fine. :) It is a bit confusing reading it on the forums, since it causes some lines to wrap depending on your setup.

The other type of commenting you may see are /* comments like this */. Anything between the /* and */ gets ignored, including if the comment runs more than one line.

Hang on...

So, you can add new mage kits as long as you don't add them to K_M_X.2DA files?

If so, does this mean we can create new mage kits and assign them to the PC with AddKit() or similar?

You mean we don't have to assign the K_M_X to mage kits? <frustration>*Commences hair pulling and screaming*</frustration> I share the common sentiment of "Why did they all say it was hardcoded, darn it!" This is what I've been doing for all my mage kits:

Create a bard kit

Create a script for changing to mage kit:

IF

blah

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ChangeClass(Myself,BARD)

AddKit(BARDKIT) // Add my kit

ChangeClass(Myself,MAGE)

ApplySpellRES("kitspell",Myself) // This spell fixes all the problems that changing to a bard created.

END

Wish I had seen this earlier!