Version 29 of Sword Coast Stratagems released

DavidW

Version 29 is now out. This is basically a big bugfix, picking up all (or, more realistically, most) of the bugs that have turned up in v28 over the last year. I'm very grateful to Kreso, dashteacup, Raest and, most especially, Mad Mate, for providing unofficial fixes in 2014; pretty all of these have now been incorporated into the mod proper.

(Edit: re-uploaded with a couple of compatibility fixes; if you tried to install with SR/Refinements/Ascension and couldn't, re-download and try again.)

Changelog:

New or Modified Content

Restored "Improved Vampires" component on EE installs. (I can no longer reproduce the crash bug, which makes me cautiously optimistic that BG2EE 1.3 has solved it.)

Upgraded to WEIDU v237

"Improved Watchers Keep" now makes all statues into golems (suggestion, and code, by Mad Mate).

Various wizard spell uses are slightly more sensitive to spell turning, minor globes, and the like. (Thanks to Kreso and Raest for suggesting and coding these.)

Ease-of-use AI now uses Bhaalspawn innate healing ability.

Quick-cast mage spells used by the ease-of-use AI no longer attract the attention of the Cowled Wizards.

Better use of Talosar spells.

General AI is a bit more willing to attack weakened (but non-helpless) opponents.

High-level wizards fairly reliably carry Spell Thrust or Secret Word to deal with Spell Shields.

Wizards don't use Timestops during their (or their allies') Alacrities.

Slightly toned down use of Teleport Field.

Enemies are aware of the effects of barbarian/berserker rage.

More customized spell selections for rakshasas.

"Elemental arrow" component now removes the (undocumented except on EE) bonuses to hit and damage from fire arrows.

Kobold commandos get an enhanced Dexterity score and an extra pip in Shortbow (low-level humanoids are only normally allowed 1 pip) to compensate for the decrease in their abilities from standardising THAC0 and toning down elemental arrows. (They should now be about back up to vanilla power).

Hobgoblin elites get designated as Fighters for the purposes of proficiencies, to compensate for THAC0 standardisation.

Deprecated "Faster Bears" on BG2EE installs, since 1.3 does this automatically.

Fiend hit point changes are now calculated relative to their actual pre-SCS values, not hardcoded. (This mostly means that they're higher.)

Candlekeep fourth-wall-breaking tutors now get removed on either version of skip-Candlekeep.

Under-the-hood updates to SFO install function.

Under-the-hood change: detection of the Cloak of Mirroring is now externalised to a DirectDamageSafe trigger.

Under-the-hood change: externalised SSL library dependence in SFO calls to SSL.

Under-the-hood change: an argument of "null" to an SFO automatically-generated ASCII or ASCII20 edit function prints a blank string (inter alia this suppresses a harmless SFO warning in "improved Fiends").

Documentation change: I no longer officially support Tutu v4 (i.e., I don't do install tests on it, though I'll probably respond to reported problems). I still support EasyTUTU, BGT, vanilla BG2, BGEE, and BG2EE.

Bugfixes

Paranoid liches don't get confused when Improved Fiends isn't installed (thanks to Mad Mate for spotting original issue)

Izefia's druid flunkies now built properly (thanks to Mad Mate for spotting original issue)

Iron Throne mooks in Candlekeep no longer turn the whole keep hostile (thanks to Mad Mate for spotting original issue)

Corrected a typo that prevented fiends from using Dispel Magic correctly (thanks to Raest for spotting this)

Corrected a typo that prevented mages using one of their sequencers in some defensive contexts (thanks to Raest for spotting this)

9th-11th level wizards may be able to cast Oracle (thanks to Kreso for spotting that they couldn't and identifying the cause)

Clerics and druids now use Chaotic Commands in prebuff routines (thanks for Kreso for spotting that this wasn't happening)

Fixed several miscoded trigger blocks in spell-use and power-use scripts (thanks to Kreso for catching these)

Beholder antimagic eyes now get implemented correctly even if v4 of SR is installed (thanks to Mad Mate for catching this).

Tightened up handling of INNOCENT spellcasters. (In particular, INNOCENTs don't need to change class in enhanced-edition installs; some bugs also fixed. Thanks to several people for identifying this issue.)

Creatures inappropriately coded as PALADIN in the core game no longer use paladin abilities. (Thanks to Mad Mate for identifying them.)

Irenicus, the Fire Lich and Azamantes are now correctly handled by Smarter Mages. (Thanks to Raest for spotting this problem.)

Added a couple of missing lizard man weapon animations (thanks to Miloch for spotting this).

Disabled BIFFing of lizard-man animations on OSX installs, as (dashteacup tells me) it causes crashes on OSX.

Removed (harmless) cruft from Irenicus script and projected-image/simulacrum script (thanks to Mad Mate for spotting it).

Hostile clones of players now get appropriate combat scripts (thanks to Mad Mate for spotting this).

Guarded Compound glabrezu should now appear correctly even when Improved Fiends is installed (thanks to Raest for spotting this).

The Black Pits version of Cursed Wound is now used in Enhanced-Edition installs (this should sort out the bugs with it on EE installs - or at any rate, if not blame Beamdog!)

"More consistent breach", in its eternal oscillation between working for liches and not working for liches, now works for liches.

"Allow spellstrike to penetrate Magic Protection Scrolls" now works correctly again (the fix for Spell Shield was confusing it; thanks to Raest for spotting the problem).

NPC clerics now use the NPC version of Blade Barrier, as per the original game (this has an effect only if the Blade-Barrier spell component is not installed)

Fiend animation IDS names now recognise the EE changes to those names (thanks to CrevsDaak for spotting this).

Dispel Magic scroll is now handled correctly on EE installs. (Thanks to Crevsdaak for spotting this).

Mod now installs correctly on EasyTutu.

Option 2 for mage and priest prebuffing now works properly on the BG1 part of the game.

Bugfixes coded by Mad Mate:

◦Tyrant Golem in Abazigal's Lair is now correctly built

◦Components that use golem functions can now be installed in isolation.

◦Ascension version of Abazigal gets his death script correctly.

◦Mariliths use the correct telekinesis spell.

◦Fixed logic error in hive mother antimagic-eye use.

◦A couple of missing instant/prebuffed spells are now correctly built.

◦Fixed a typo in the SFO code to build Gaal's creature file.

◦Cleric-mage Sendai's script now parses correctly.

◦QuestPack version of project image now allowed for correctly.

◦Ease-of-use AI now uses casting-time-speedup spell correctly.

◦Missing chromatic-demon slime attack restored.

◦Smarter Mage component now installs correctly even if HLAs are not being used.

◦Smarter Mage sequencers now make use of Carrion Summons correctly.

◦Confusion in code logic for installing cleric/mages fixed.

◦Fixed incorrect death variables for some Elemental Princes summoned by NPCs.

◦BG1 priests use longterm buffs correctly (old code from SCSI v21 left unupdated)

◦Alhoon code now correctly loads required resources.

◦Refinements nerve poison effect correctly parsed.

◦Find Familiar scroll correctly allocated in "Standardise BG1 spells".

◦Fixed logic error in Improved Drow City installer.

◦Irlentree doppelgangers spawn properly.

◦Avarice (from Durlag's Tower) correctly flagged as thief (a typo had been preventing this).

◦Timestop from Wish spell now works correctly.

◦Smarter Priests now correctly checks for Improved Shapeshifting component.

◦Xvarts respond appropriately to calls for help.

◦Smarter Golems component now suppresses too-large golems in AR1202.

◦Better Calls for Help does a better job of removing redundant scripts.

◦"Improved general AI" now does a better job of skipping creatures whose AI shouldn't be improved.

◦"Smarter Mages" now correctly modifies randomly-encountered yuan-ti.

◦Removed a typo that prevented ease-of-use stackable ankheg shells from being properly handled by Taerom.

◦Fixed a typo in script controlling "choose proficiencies".

◦Druid flunkies get death variables.

◦Watcher's keep access component correctly adds Forest of Tethyr entrance coordinates, if you travel there from WK.

◦"Smarter Mages" and "Smarter Dragons" now correctly allow for the possibility that the Ascension-Abazigal component of SCS is installed before them.

◦Azamantes correctly gets at least one Improved Alacrity.

◦Sendai's combat script is no longer overwritten.

◦Laskal is correctly treated as a druid, not a cleric.

◦Corrected error in some vampires' script allocation.

◦Corrected error in SR efreet compatibility code.

◦Davaeorn now gets his scrolls correctly.

Compatibility Fixes

Disabled (rudimentary and incomplete) use of Divine Remix spells. (One day I'll do this properly but for the minute it's just getting in the way and doing more harm than good.

Some rudimentary support for Item Revisions, following suggestions from Kreso.

This is in the readme through the rather gnomic entry "Under-the-hood change: externalised SSL library dependence in SFO calls to SSL."

If library_override is set to something other than "none", SSL uses whatever it's set to (which should be the name of an SSL .slb file, minus the .slb) in place of the default library at stratagems/ssl/library.slb.

library_sr is loaded if Spell Revisions is installed, library_notsr otherwise; similarly for IR. library_sr is intentionally blank (note that library_notsr is *not* blank).

Got it. So, one doesn't really have to change anything to have SR/IR work properly with SCS.

And, one can make his own .slb, call it mrloopenstain.slb, set

library_override mrloopenstain

and voila, SCS will read that?

Amazing.

It might be restored when I get around to it; I haven't yet. It's been absent for a couple of years; I took it out because I didn't (and don't) really feel it fits the flavour of the rest of the mod, so it would be restored as a "hidden" component or something like that.

Is it possible to add extra triggers to library file?

Example:

TRIGGER=ChainLightning

!CheckStatGT(scstarget,50,RESISTELECTRICITY)

!CheckStatGT(scstarget,50,RESISTMAGIC)

!CheckStat(scstarget,6,WIZARD_SPELL_IMMUNITY)

And then replacing the targeting blocks in scripts with something as such?

Yes, but you'll need to edit the .ssl files where that trigger is going to be used, for example, adding a |ChainLightning to the Trigger(Foo|Bar) to make it Trigger(Foo|Bar|ChainLightning).

Existing triggers with the same name merge (if you have TRIGGER=Foo that checks for Chaotic Commands on file X, and TRIGGER=Foo on file Y that checks for Scripting State 4 (Barbarian Rage/Enrage), including both files as libraries will result on a .baf trigger checking for SCRIPTINGSTATE4 and Chaotic Commands), and you can use several triggers on the same .ssl block.

Am I the only one that thinks that you should introduce a tactical challenge component for Sarevok? One that restores him to pre-totsc former power.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/512577/#Comment_512577

It's there. Up to you if Hasted or not. I would say not?

I've created a WeiDU mod which is a few posts down there (Link). It should restore him to his pre-TotSC version without touching the stuff SCS changes (mainly resistances (other than Magic) and other stuff). Installing it *before* SCS would be ideal but you can as well install it after SCS.

Am I the only one that thinks that you should introduce a tactical challenge component for Sarevok? One that restores him to pre-totsc former power.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/512577/#Comment_512577

It's there. Up to you if Hasted or not. I would say not?

I've created a WeiDU mod which is a few posts down there (Link). It should restore him to his pre-TotSC version without touching the stuff SCS changes (mainly resistances (other than Magic) and other stuff). Installing it *before* SCS would be ideal but you can as well install it after SCS.

can you post both version on a website where BWs can get it ? For example, this same website , g3?

Archived