Music and Voice

Grim Squeaker

This is just a general thread as to what music you consider Delainy may use.

I already have one piece picked (Beyshaliban can corroborate that I do :D ).

However, much like the Tashia mod, I am thinking of two pieces of music...one cheerful (for lack of a better word) and one serious.

As for voice, I will be honest.  I do intend to see about getting a voice for the various battlecries and such (not including the wolf howls...I have that in hand).

But...I don't intend to have the entire module with voice...but what do you think?

Thanks Grim, I am actually listening to them later today....

And thanks for the offer Jessayla.  Sadly, its going to be quite a while before I get to that point...I want to get all the writing done (as much as possible) before I get to the voice :D

I'd make the soundset (who ever is vocing it) and then maybe have an another download that contains the rest of the voicing.  Because some people (e.g. Me) like a character to be fully voiced.

I'm with Grim. Lord M's Imoen romance takes a similiar approach--we could have a core Del mod with selection sounds, and then a larger download with music and voicing.

However, we're also way ahead of ourselves here. :D

I'd make the soundset (who ever is vocing it) and then maybe have an another download that contains the rest of the voicing.  Because some people (e.g. Me) like a character to be fully voiced.

I'm with Grim. Lord M's Imoen romance takes a similiar approach--we could have a core Del mod with selection sounds, and then a larger download with music and voicing.

However, we're also way ahead of ourselves here. :D

Am I right in assuming that if you have sounds assigned to dialogue lines e.g. Hello Harvey! [GH#01#01] and the sound file doesn't exist then BG2 won't have a stroke and die it will just carry on fine?

Pretty sure the game would go on regardless.  Kelsey had a lite version out for a while with no voicing other than the soundset, and I don't recall panicked postings every other day of that crashing at unhealthy intervals. :D  I'm far from an expert, though.

Yes, the game just glosses over any missing WAVs, so you can audiotag with impunity even if you don't fill them all.

But I have to ask... why, if you have an actress who's willing, would you not want to take advantage of that?

I have no regrets over voicing as much of Kelsey as I did, and regardless of what some people think of the quality of the work, I think there's a pretty universal confusion over why Kelsey is the only NPC who HAS been given the full treatment.

I'm willing to voice as much of Delainy as Bri would like, provided she thinks I sound suitable and if I can differ Delainy's voice enough from Tabiya's, as I do plan to do her voice as well.  Still, though, it's up to Bri, and if she'd prefer to retain some of the story-like quality of Delainy, that would make for an interesting mod as well. :D

Heh, I'm not necessarily against having her voice entirely.

I mean, Grim does have a good idea.  Make part of it voice lite, and then have another part that includes full voice.

I mean, when I first started kicking this idea around, I was in the midst of the Tashia dialogues, which are definitely voice-lite.  That's why the romance dialogues are more story intensive.

And I'm sure you would be quite good as well Jessayla.  Heh...well, the voice so far are for voicing entirely...I'll see what I can come up with.

Welcome Jason.  Nice to see some people higher up in the FW hierachy post here.

Yes, I hate it when only the underlings post.

For the record Harvey is going to have a helluva lot of voicing (and alreayd does in fact - the RAR is 6 meg already!).

I hope you're using Ogg or something similar...

Archived