Help! Can't get Tweaks to setup ):

Ramshine

I am trying to get Tweaks to work on a Macbook. I have gotten as far as downloading it and opening it with UnrarX. I then brought "setup-bf_tweaks", "setup-bg2_tweaks.command" and the "bg2_tweaks" folder into the "data" folder. When I click "setup-bg2_tweaks.command", It give me this message.

The file “setup-bg2_tweaks.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges.

To view or change access privileges, select the file in the Finder and choose File > Get Info.

I went to get info and I set the privileges to read and write so i don't see what the problem is. that is the highest evadible privilege.

If someone can help me I would be extremely greatful! All I want to do it tweak the game so my half elf can dual class!

I have the exact same problem with my BG2 EE on mac. I've tried about 1000 other things during 3 hours and nothing seems to work (I've followed all basic instructions very precisely too). I am not a mac expert either but I'm pretty sure that "read & write" in the get info is the equivalent of "execute" permission on pc (?). Now I deleted everything and I'm reinstalling everything as new to make sure I didn't screwed up stuff with all those crazy attempts to install the BG2 tweaks pack. If anybody can help it would be SO AWESOME!!! Because fuck level caps and yay bottomless bags of holding! :D

Hey! I fixed it! :D

Doing that: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16334/installing-mods-in-osx-a-quick-tutorial

and changing the line of code with the exact same path that my computer folders (ex. after "Data" my folder was "00782" instead of "00777" and it is with Baldur's Gate II not one). The tweak pack is awesome with tones of options very well explained! I just had a bug with removing the level cap (which is unfortunate because I really wanted that :\) and an option a clicked on too fast and now I am not sure how to go back without redoing everything. Anyway, I hope that's gonna work for you too guys! Good luck! And good game! :D

Archived